Best Morning Round Matches - 152 - 285

SWINfan

152 - This could be one of the best matches of the day and either could win it all Saturday night! #1 Brice Coleman vs. #2 Jonathan Kervin - Kervin lost a brutal match as SS vs. Logan Boe.  Boe jumped out to an early lead and Kervin came storming back, only to give up an escape as time was expiring and the match was  heading to SV.  Coleman just wins.  Whoever loses this one is likely headed for 5th Place and that just doesn't seem right!
Hon Mention - Unranked Tyler Jones vs. #5 Jordan Fulks.  I know little about Jones other than he scored a wild 4 over 1 win Friday night over undefeated Garrett Stuckman.  Expect a lot of scoring!

160 - Easy pick!  #4 Cooper Noehre vs. #7 Noah Hollendoner - Another match that could affect the Team Race.  Noehre was the Runner-Up last year at 152 and is looking to get back there again.  Crown Point could really use some team points here.
Hon. Mention - #2 Isaiah Levitz vs. #11 Sam Morrill - Levitz is undefeated and the favorite.  Morrill looked great Friday night and last week at SS, losing only to Eli Dickens 10-4.  If these two matches go the way of the favorites, this weight will be awesome in the semifinals, with any one of the 4 guys capable of winning it all!
170 - Tough call here but I'll go with #6 Gabe Sollars vs. #7 Tyler Wagner because this will be the rubber match as each has beaten the other this year and because it could have a big effect on the Team Race.  Wagner eked out a 3-2, SV-1 win at Team State and Sollars returned the favor at the Mason, OH Invite.  
Hon Mention - This match shouldn't take a back seat so call it 1a.  #3 Tristan Ruhlman vs. #4 Clayton Fielden.  Fielden was the Runner Up at this weight last year and Ruhlman is still not over losing in the Ticket Round.  I look forward to seeing this one.

182 - No doubt about this one and no real HM match - #1 Joseph Walker vs. #2 Mason Winner - Crazy circumstances have this match up here with neither of these guys winning the SS last weekend.  Walker is still hurting and is somewhat limited.  Doesn't look like he is getting much push off his right foot.  But he gutted out a win in TB-1 over #3 Macartney Parkinson Friday night.  Walker is headed to the Big Ten.  Winner is a 3x State Placer.  Like 152, I believe whoever drops this match is destined for 5th.

195 - The nod goes to #3 JD Farrell vs. #14 Phoenix Rodgers. Rodgers is really good and doesn't get the credit he deserves because Heritage Hills doesn't statewide exposure.  Is he good enough to send Farrell to battle for 5th Place?

Hon. Mention - Funk vs. Pack sounds ike a fun match, but I chose #1 Silas Allred vs. #5 McKinley Kemper.  No disrespect to Kemper but Silas is that good and fun to watch.  Kemper is no slouch, but Allred is just in a different stratosphere.  Watch him every chance you get before he heads to Nebraska and the Big Ten!

220 - My choice here is #3 Cade Gray vs. #4 William Crider.  This looks to me as the closest of the 4 matches Saturday morning, which could set up a really tough final 4 in the semifinals.
Hon. Mention #2 Drew Webster vs. #8 Micah Dodson should be good, but for those that haven't seen him, watch #6 Nathan Willman vs. #10 Deshawn Young.  Willman, wrestled 195 as recently as Team State and likely isn't close to 220.  Yet, he pinned all four Semi-state opponents and has been on a tear.

285 - I'll be honest that this is the weight I know the least about.  i know heavyweight can be unpredictable.  I have liked what I've seen from Robbie Gentry of Mooresville.  He just looks like he's having a blast on the mat.  A final four of Dancy vs. Parsons and Keys vs. irick is expected.  Could Gentry be the one to break through?

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

152 - This could be one of the best matches of the day and either could win it all Saturday night! #1 Brice Coleman vs. #2 Jonathan Kervin - Kervin lost a brutal match as SS vs. Logan Boe.  Boe jumped out to an early lead and Kervin came storming back, only to give up an escape as time was expiring and the match was  heading to SV.  Coleman just wins.  Whoever loses this one is likely headed for 5th Place and that just doesn't seem right!
Hon Mention - Unranked Tyler Jones vs. #5 Jordan Fulks.  I know little about Jones other than he scored a wild 4 over 1 win Friday night over undefeated Garrett Stuckman.  Expect a lot of scoring!

160 - Easy pick!  #4 Cooper Noehre vs. #7 Noah Hollendoner - Another match that could affect the Team Race.  Noehre was the Runner-Up last year at 152 and is looking to get back there again.  Crown Point could really use some team points here.
Hon. Mention - #2 Isaiah Levitz vs. #11 Sam Morrill - Levitz is undefeated and the favorite.  Morrill looked great Friday night and last week at SS, losing only to Eli Dickens 10-4.  If these two matches go the way of the favorites, this weight will be awesome in the semifinals, with any one of the 4 guys capable of winning it all!
170 - Tough call here but I'll go with #6 Gabe Sollars vs. #7 Tyler Wagner because this will be the rubber match as each has beaten the other this year and because it could have a big effect on the Team Race.  Wagner eked out a 3-2, SV-1 win at Team State and Sollars returned the favor at the Mason, OH Invite.  
Hon Mention - This match shouldn't take a back seat so call it 1a.  #3 Tristan Ruhlman vs. #4 Clayton Fielden.  Fielden was the Runner Up at this weight last year and Ruhlman is still not over losing in the Ticket Round.  I look forward to seeing this one.

182 - No doubt about this one and no real HM match - #1 Joseph Walker vs. #2 Mason Winner - Crazy circumstances have this match up here with neither of these guys winning the SS last weekend.  Walker is still hurting and is somewhat limited.  Doesn't look like he is getting much push off his right foot.  But he gutted out a win in TB-1 over #3 Macartney Parkinson Friday night.  Walker is headed to the Big Ten.  Winner is a 3x State Placer.  Like 152, I believe whoever drops this match is destined for 5th.

195 - The nod goes to #3 JD Farrell vs. #14 Phoenix Rodgers. Rodgers is really good and doesn't get the credit he deserves because Heritage Hills doesn't statewide exposure.  Is he good enough to send Farrell to battle for 5th Place?

Hon. Mention - Funk vs. Pack sounds ike a fun match, but I chose #1 Silas Allred vs. #5 McKinley Kemper.  No disrespect to Kemper but Silas is that good and fun to watch.  Kemper is no slouch, but Allred is just in a different stratosphere.  Watch him every chance you get before he heads to Nebraska and the Big Ten!

220 - My choice here is #3 Cade Gray vs. #4 William Crider.  This looks to me as the closest of the 4 matches Saturday morning, which could set up a really tough final 4 in the semifinals.
Hon. Mention #2 Drew Webster vs. #8 Micah Dodson should be good, but for those that haven't seen him, watch #6 Nathan Willman vs. #10 Deshawn Young.  Willman, wrestled 195 as recently as Team State and likely isn't close to 220.  Yet, he pinned all four Semi-state opponents and has been on a tear.

285 - I'll be honest that this is the weight I know the least about.  i know heavyweight can be unpredictable.  I have liked what I've seen from Robbie Gentry of Mooresville.  He just looks like he's having a blast on the mat.  A final four of Dancy vs. Parsons and Keys vs. irick is expected.  Could Gentry be the one to break through?

I honestly think that Kervin wins as long as he doesn't give up back points like what happened last week against Boe.It could be the match of the day.

Ruhlman stuck Fielden this season at Al Smith so I expect fireworks..126 is ridiculous Saturday morning with Aiden Torres vs Rioux..Montgomery vs Roberson. Dalton vs Lowery and Stroud vs Pierson...Torres is similarly built as Rioux and can flat out wrestle..Rioux has done nothing but get medals.. him and Boe became the 89th and 90th guys to ever medal all 4 years..Ray has placed higher and higher each season and only a state title will ensure he keeps that trend going..I'll take Rioux in a nail biter over Torres and to get back to the finals and take home the gold! 170 is Calhouns to lose.. there's many formidable foes but he's already dominated the field and I think will keep that going..195 Mr.Allred is 40-0 40 pins and hardly accumulated 30 minutes total on the mat all year.. this has to be the most dominant season I've ever witnessed..Parris dominated everybody but the sheer quickness and dominance displayed by the Manchild Allred is 2nd to none..If he can pin the field all season that'll be first time I've ever seen it done an entire season..I also believe he will get the mental attitude award!

At 220 can anybody stop Bates? He's dominating much larger guys with ease..Cale Gray might be the only 1 that can possibly slow him down but we'll see.. also a potential Boe vs Hall Semi finals match has fireworks written all over it..Breyer ws beating Coleman early last week before getting stuck in a nasty cradle..Boe has always been 1 of my favorite studs to watch and I've been blessed to get to know him and his wonderful family! I expect him to make the finals and bring home the title vs either Cole's or Kervin..Boes wrestling as well as anybody in the state and is dangerous in all facets of the sport! BIGMoveBoe is in Go Mode and I can't wait to see him keep this run going. 

5 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

Lowery and Viduya accomplished that feat as well.

Wow! So 4 guys on the same day is unreal!  Just when it's brought up that less than 1% of SQ ever 4x medal we have 4 studs do it the same night! All 4 also will impact our youth and wrestling as a whole with the evolution our in state guys.. These fellas are tommorows coaches and leaders and i'm blessed to have gotten to witness their careers..

Guys I believe there are 8  Wrestlers to place 4x this weekend!!!  If I looked at Brackets right

Lowery-RC

Viduya-RC

Rioux-Avon

Boe-Danville

Campbell-Bburg

Rodgers-ICath

Winner-J Cty

Bettich- CP 1 in Michigan !!

Thanks BT19

Edited by Bigtoe19

5 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Guys I believe there are 8  Wrestlers to place 4x this weekend!!!  If I looked at Brackets right

Lowery-RC

Viduya-RC

Rioux-Avon

Boe-Danville

Campbell-Bburg

Rodgers-ICath

Winner-J Cty

Thanks BT19

Wonder how many juniors placed for the 3rd time today to earn a shot at that list next year?  Three off the top of my head are Boarman, Kysen Montgomery and David Pierson III.  I'm sure there are others.

5 hours ago, Bigtoe19 said:

Lowery-RC

Viduya-RC

Rioux-Avon

Boe-Danville

Campbell-Bburg

Rodgers-ICath

Winner-J Cty

Thanks BT19

If you read the media guide that info was in there.

50 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Wonder how many juniors placed for the 3rd time today to earn a shot at that list next year?  Three off the top of my head are Boarman, Kysen Montgomery and David Pierson III.  I'm sure there are others.

Alex Cottey has a shot to be a 4 time finalist

6 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

amazing, and I was just told on another thread that Seltzer would crush him if they met next year. I don't think hed CRUSH him. maybe 6-3 or so. 

There is always going to be a “what if”between weights and years. Same as speculating on how a healthy Littell would have disrupted some bracket of this years competition.

11 minutes ago, MattM said:

There is always going to be a “what if”between weights and years. Same as speculating on how a healthy Littell would have disrupted some bracket of this years competition.

I agree but this has a pretty good shot at happening. especially with Mendez in the mix. they will not wanna go his weight class. Cottey has been under the lights 3 times already. I don't see anyone outside of Mendez beating him by more than a few points, 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.