Best Morning Round Matches - 106 - 145

SWINfan

106 - Easy pick here!  #2 Sam Goin vs. #3 Suhas Chundi - Nothing like starting the morning off with a bang.  Crown Point needs to get off to a good start for the Team Race.

-- Honorable Mention: #4 Isaac Ruble vs. #15 Kyler West - Ruble favored and likely to win.  But West is better than anyone outside Southern IN thinks.  

113 - Another easy one! #2 Cole Ross vs. #6 Logan Frazier - Huge for the Team Race!  Ross lost in the SS Final after leading 7-2.  Both lost to Cottey.  Frazier to Hooper, who lost Friday night Lane Gilbert, who beat Ross last week.  Sounds clear cut doesn't it?  If only it worked that way....
-- Hon. Mention - Gilbert vs. Sprague and Sturgill vs. Schoeff could be interesting as well
120 - MD vs. CP Again! - No easy draws at 120 unless your name is Seltzer!  #2 Riley Bettich vs. #5 Alec Freeman should be awesome!  Will Bettich fall in this round to a Mater Dei wrestler 2 years in a row?  

Hon. Mention - To me Seltzer, Diaz and Eldred seem to be clear favorites.  Can anyone make them sweat?

126 - This was a tough one!  #2 Ben Dalton vs. #5 Brayden Lowery.  Lowery has three state placements and is the lower ranked wrestler.  Both finished 3rd last year with Dalton at 113 and Lowery at 120.  Flip a coin!
High Hon. Mention - #4 Stephen Roberson vs. #7 Kysen Montgomery - Montgomery won a 2-0 squeaker at the IHPO and Roberson returned the favor early this season 5-1. Expect it to be close and don't cheat yourself and miss it by keeping too close an eye on Dalton/Lowery!  This could be big for the Team Race as well.  BB needs a win here to contend.  A CP win would be big
132  - Another tough one! #3 Hunter Cottingham vs. #6 Hayden Watson - I see Watson as the favorite here and feel he is under-ranked.  Warren Central's Aundre Beatty is the common opponent of note here.  Watson beat him 2-0 and Cottingham lost 8-4.  Expect a close one.
Hon. Mention - #4 Kane Egli vs. #5 Ian Heath - I admit I know very little about Heath.  My guess is this is a close one and I know Mater Dei needs this one to stay in the Team Race.

138 - Relatively easy pick here!  - #2 Logan Bailey vs. #5 Drake Campbell - MD fans here should root for Bailey as Campbell seems to have become Blake Boarman's Kryptonite.  I personally think these are 2 of the top 3 in the state.  I'm excited to see how this one plays out!
Hon Mention - #3 J Conway vs. #4 Logan Wagner - Both had crazy 1st round matches last year and relatively easy ones this year.  Conway lost a heartbreaker in TB1 to Chase Wilkerson and Wagner won 15-13 SV-1 over Kane Egli.  Conway is really good.  I expect it to be a fun one!

145 - #4 William Fiechter vs. #8 Jaden Reynolds - Fiechter had to fight Friday night to squeeze out a 9-8 TB-1 win.  Reynolds won like a hot knife through butter.   Fiechter is ranked higher, but my gut tells me to look out for Reynolds.
Hon Mention - None stand out over the others 

I'm sure there will be some other great matches too, but these are the matches that stood out to me and some could have a big effect on the Team Race.

Will do 152 - 285 if I can stay awake long enough!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.