Team race

Crown Point and Mater Dei with 6 each moving on. I thought Hayhurst and Baumann would both move on but both faded at the end. Going into saturday im leaning towards Crown Point now. I think Parkinson drawing into Walker really hurt Mater Dei, Parkinson would of finished high. Not a fan of how the team state title is decided anymore...

1 hour ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Crown Point and Mater Dei with 6 each moving on. I thought Hayhurst and Baumann would both move on but both faded at the end. Going into saturday im leaning towards Crown Point now. I think Parkinson drawing into Walker really hurt Mater Dei, Parkinson would of finished high. Not a fan of how the team state title is decided anymore...

Two huge matches in the morning.  Ross v. Frazier at 113 and Freeman v. Bettich at 120.  Either school winning both would almost eliminate the other team.  

4 minutes ago, navy80 said:

I've got Ross over Frazier and Bettich over Freeman.

I'd say that's the general consensus.  Then again, I think most had Bettich beating Boarman last year as well.  Freeman is very good against anyone not named Zeke.  I see the matches the same way, but wouldn't be surprised if any combination of wins/losses happens.  

1 hour ago, 42westside said:

I got a 2 team race- Crown Point and Cathedral. I have both advancing 5 to semis. Zeke gives Cathedral the advantage. I got Cathedral as your state champion 

You may be right... Good luck to ya on that prediction though!

1 hour ago, 42westside said:

I got a 2 team race- Crown Point and Cathedral. I have both advancing 5 to semis. Zeke gives Cathedral the advantage. I got Cathedral as your state champion 

How do you give cathedral the advantage with Zeke? Crown point has a kid by the name of Jesse Mendez. In my eyes those two will cancel each other out. 

1 hour ago, RaiderColfax said:

How do you give cathedral the advantage with Zeke? Crown point has a kid by the name of Jesse Mendez. In my eyes those two will cancel each other out. 

First post with bold predictions.... Making sense is secondary and not required.  :)

I'd take it with a grain of salt.  I'll be shocked if both get 5 to the semifinals.  Won't be surprised if neither does.

4 hours ago, RaiderColfax said:

Mendez will score more imho..Zeke wont pin the field but will dominate Jesse will pin everybody. 

4 hours ago, SWINfan said:

First post with bold predictions.... Making sense is secondary and not required.  :)

I'd take it with a grain of salt.  I'll be shocked if both get 5 to the semifinals.  Won't be surprised if neither does.

VERY BOLD lol it’s like they only know about cathedral 

2 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

I was thinking the same. 

His constant pressure especially when he cuts them and is immediately in their face with perfect head positioning and hook n  post  looking to score to either side.. he breaks guys in a way unless you actually see it you can't even imagine how nasty he gets! So technical and fast it's like watching an artist paint a portrait but only he's using a poor fella's head on the mat instead of a paint brush lol

7 hours ago, RaiderColfax said:

I think Zeke and Mendez both win state. My reasoning for the Cathedral advantage is that Zeke takes out Bettich.

1 minute ago, 42westside said:

Crown Point single handedly eliminated EMD. 

They beat them in 2 big matches. I still think Mater Dei gets 2 champs and the score will be close at the end. If walker doesn't get hurt Parkinson finishes top 4 and it would be a different story. Can't count Cathedral out now hell there in 1st. Baumann really hurt MD. Hollendonner getting the pin in the 1st round while losing by 1 was HUGE. A lot of should of could of's, very close race and fun to watch hats off to all 3 teams. I just keep bringing up Parkinson because that was awful luck with Walker getting hurt and then drawing into him.

4 minutes ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

They beat them in 2 big matches. I still think Mater Dei gets 2 champs and the score will be close at the end. If walker doesn't get hurt Parkinson finishes top 4 and it would be a different story. Can't count Cathedral out now hell there in 1st. Baumann really hurt MD. Hollendonner getting the pin in the 1st round while losing by 1 was HUGE. A lot of should of could of's, very close race and fun to watch hats off to all 3 teams. I just keep bringing up Parkinson because that was awful luck with Walker getting hurt and then drawing into him.

Parkinson situation was huge. Probably cost EMD 18 points. EMD is to far behind now. Cathedral looks like they are in control. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.