Miscellaneous banter thread

UncleJimmy

23 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Did Calhoun get the takedown in your opinions, or no?

No.  If you watch it on video, the guy with the baton letting the referee know the period was over, was trying to tap the referee at least twice before the takedown.  The referee was moving with the wrestlers so he never got hit.  It was definitely after the clock ended, but close.

Edited by SWINfan

6 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

Did Calhoun get the takedown in your opinions, or no?

I thought it was 2, but not sure on time.  Too far away, course the guy next to me said no way it was 2.  Lol

5 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

No.  If you watch it on video, the guy with the towel letting the referee know the period was over, was trying to tap the referee at least twice before the takedown.  The referee was moving with the wrestlers so he never got hit.  It was definitely after the clock ended, but close.

My seat isn’t the best this morning so it was tough to tell, but maaaan it looked very close from my seat. Not saying either call was definitive, but definitely close.

18 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

My seat isn’t the best this morning so it was tough to tell, but maaaan it looked very close from my seat. Not saying either call was definitive, but definitely close.

How does Caleb not get a seat right on the floor and All Access Pass.  That’s a travesty that’s needs corrected. 

44 minutes ago, Caleb Spires said:

I'll tell you what, I just watched the end four more times and I can't tell.  Initially I thought it was at least a second late, but the more I watch, it was right on the clock switching from :01 to :00.  I know the Track clock online isn't always exact, as some matches will end with 1 or 2 seconds on that clock.  So basically, I am saying I have no clue either.  It was close and could have been called either way.

Edited by SWINfan

20 hours ago, UncleJimmy said:

Mat 3 track announcers sound cool! One now says he’s selling homes in fort ville? Is the housing market hot there? I kid ..I kid..

The legendary Johnson Brothers from Franklin community Calvin and Cody. Great dudes. Calvin excellent on the guitar and tying Langford Doubles

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

Guess he’ll have to settle for 3rd

Hopefully! Just proud of him regardless what place he gets and Hall was a guy I've always rooted for as well...I knew that they would put on  show..I know 99.9999% of the wrestling community would love to accomplish what LoBo has.. And to top it off I know Logan is a young man any parent would be proud to call their own.. Great person that is going places..I wish I would've gotten 1 medal or caught top talent in Spladles when I was wrestling..I wish every guy I root for would go undefeated until the state semis and if they lost ws "a bad day " by critics standards..152 was wide open and had 4 guys that on any given day win it.. This group could wrestle this bracket 4x and there could be 4 different champions..I'll continue to Root 1000% and never shy away from tooting their horns because I know what went into the process..I'd rather guess wrong being loyal than be right out of spite!  

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Btw I forgot to ask y'all opinion on the OT takedown last night that Beat Landon Boe..it looked like they were mid scramble with Boe diving under for a funk roll and was passing the laces across his head when they called 2.. regardless hats off to Chacon for clawing his way back into the match and making a stellar run!  Landon will be back better than ever next season and I believe he's got the talent to be on that podium his last 2 seasons! 

18 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Hopefully! Just proud of him regardless what place he gets and Hall was a guy I've always rooted for as well...I knew that they would put on  show..I know 99.9999% of the wrestling community would love to accomplish what LoBo has.. And to top it off I know Logan is a young man any parent would be proud to call their own.. Great person that is going places..I wish I would've gotten 1 medal or caught top talent in Spladles when I was wrestling..I wish every guy I root for would go undefeated until the state semis and if they lost ws "a bad day " by critics standards..152 was wide open and had 4 guys that on any given day win it.. This group could wrestle this bracket 4x and there could be 4 different champions..I'll continue to Root 1000% and never shy away from tooting their horns because I know what went into the process..I'd rather guess wrong being loyal than be right out of spite!  

No doubt. It has been fun seeing him at SS over his HS career. Always brought it. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.