Three years and one day ago...

grappleapple

We were sitting second row center stage for that one and I can remember the look on Samuels face when Rickie picked up that single...a little grin...like it’s on now. Then throughout the match they would smile...they knew they were putting on a show. 

Great match and show of support for the effort the big guys gave! 

32 minutes ago, MattM said:

Not sure what your talking about that commentary was pretty good stuff.  

“Put the groceries on him Rickie!”  I’m so using that one with a HWT in the future.  

The play-by-play is just called with such enthusiasm, and gives me chills every time when you hear the commentator calling the last second takedown. Also you could hear the crowd much better in the trackwrestling stream but the brownsburg section had some very good comments throughout the match for sure! It was just such a great match and atmosphere. 

I don't know that I have ever seen two wrestlers that old having that much fun wrestling on that big of a stage in my life. It may have "just" been for third place, but it was still the state finals, still in front of thousands of people, still the last match they would wrestle in high school. Absolutely marvelous.

Am I the only one how found it odd that the first two times a guy is on his back in this match the ref makes no attempt to look for the pin? Just kind of moves slowly on his feet around them.

That is not a complaint, by the way. This one needed to go the distance.

Edited by wrestlenewbie

35 minutes ago, wrestlenewbie said:

Am I the only one how found it odd that the first two times a guy is on his back in this match the ref makes no attempt to look for the pin? Just kind of moves slowly on his feet around them.

That is not a complaint, by the way. This one needed to go the distance.

Pretty sure the rules in place at that time didn't allow for pins with the defensive wrestler entirely out of bounds...some of the pinning area had to be in bounds.  That changed a couple years ago.

1 hour ago, Trinedad said:

Should be required viewing for all 285's. They left it all out there and actually wrestled. So different from the usual 1-0 matches that have no action.

Exactly! Hell this should be something every wrestler regardless their weight or experience!  You can also be ultra competitive but smile and have good sportsmanship doing it..Guys like this are what a coach dreams of.. this is a prime example that if you leave it all out there, there's no loser.. nobody remembers Clark got 4th we only remember the spectacle that he participated in..us fans were too winners for getting to witness it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.