Pin their way through state?

Jayruss

47 minutes ago, MattM said:

An expression of how my inner lightweight feels when I hear that name

giphy.gif

I wrestled in the big8 back when G.S was a part of it and seeing him in 96 thinking I need to see his birth certificate cause he was GIANORMOUS like his ears had muscle it .

I watched him tight waist a guy with one atm while standing it was crazy

42 minutes ago, manchwrestlingdad said:

Wasn’t there a Brooks from Warsaw a few years ago pin his way through the state finals? I don’t remember for sure. He’s fighting MMA now I think. 

Jarred and he won a decision in the finals over Yorktown kid iirc.. He's ranked top 10 in the world at 125 and should've never been cut from the UFC.. had terrible luck there and should be undefeated still. 

15 hours ago, moedaddy77 said:

Pinned All Opponents in State Finals [First year 
for four-round tournament was 1984]
4 by James Dickerson, New Castle [Hwt], 1995
4 by D.J. Radnovich, Gibson Southern [215], 
4 by Trey Reese, Indian Creek [215], 2011
4 by Shawn Streck, Merrillville [285], 2015
4 by Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg [220], 2018
3 by Sam Lamb, Evansville Bosse [132], 

You are missing Tommy Cash and Blake Rypel both did it the same year as Streck

Edited by Wrestlingfanatic

53 minutes ago, Cosgrove said:

Pfff Andrew Howe went through almost back to back years of teching every single guy. Think his senior year in the finals he only beat the guy by 14 ;) cause guy didnt want to get up anymore.

Mike Duckworth from Union County. I don't remember him not wanting to go back to neutral, but I know it was Duckworth he wrestled that year.

On 2/19/2020 at 6:34 PM, moedaddy77 said:

Pinned All Opponents in State Finals [First year 
for four-round tournament was 1984]
4 by James Dickerson, New Castle [Hwt], 1995
4 by D.J. Radnovich, Gibson Southern [215], 
4 by Trey Reese, Indian Creek [215], 2011
4 by Shawn Streck, Merrillville [285], 2015
4 by Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg [220], 2018
3 by Sam Lamb, Evansville Bosse [132], 

From IHSAA record books there were more pre 1984 but I guess format was different 

Edited by moedaddy77
Needed deleted

11 hours ago, Wrestlingfanatic said:

You are missing Tommy Cash and Blake Rypel both did it the same year as Streck

Love Cash, but he got Lucky Joe Lee knocked off Brandon James, and caught Lee as well. He was a gamer though.

Chad Ruggeri (34-0), Mount Vernon (12) vs. Justin Bischoff (25-13), Franklin County (12), Fall, :46.

Chad Ruggeri (35-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Joshua Turner (39-6), Hammond Morton (12), Fall, 1:14.

Chad Ruggeri (36-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. David Benner (45-2), Benton Central (12), Technical Fall, 5:08 (17-1).

Championship

Chad Ruggeri (37-0), Mount Vernon (12) def. Dexter Larimore (49-3), Merrillville (10), Fall, 1:10.

Soooo close.

12 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Love Cash, but he got Lucky Joe Lee knocked off Brandon James, and caught Lee as well. He was a gamer though.

This was already a whole thread back then. But if you really want to go into it, yea who knows what could've happened after Tommy would've been up by 3 points after he took a shot and went straight to a half (didn't know shots and halves were considered catching moves) but that's how it happened and the ref called a fall. 

On 2/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

My cousin HW Bubba Dickerson of New Castle a Jr pinned all 4 guys in a total of 10 minutes iirc to win the 1995 state title.. He tragically passed before his season and might've done it again.. He was a giant at 17 Cutting to make HW... He pinned future Notre Dame Stand out B.J Scott in the finals rather quickly... He moved like a 45 pounder and was a freak athlete at that size. 

So true my fried!!!  I miss him everyday!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.