Pin their way through state?

Jayruss

1 hour ago, Jayruss said:

Alred and Mendez have a solid chance to pin their way through state. Any other notables? I can only remember DJ Radnovich (sorry if I spelled that wrong) from Gibson Southern pulling off that feat. 

I assume you mean starting with sectionals and all the way through ... while ignoring forfeits?

My cousin HW Bubba Dickerson of New Castle a Jr pinned all 4 guys in a total of 10 minutes iirc to win the 1995 state title.. He tragically passed before his season and might've done it again.. He was a giant at 17 Cutting to make HW... He pinned future Notre Dame Stand out B.J Scott in the finals rather quickly... He moved like a 45 pounder and was a freak athlete at that size. 

5 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

My cousin HW Bubba Dickerson of New Castle a Jr pinned all 4 guys in a total of 10 minutes iirc to win the 1995 state title.. He tragically passed before his season and might've done it again.. He was a giant at 17 Cutting to make HW... He pinned future Notre Dame Stand out B.J Scott in the finals rather quickly... He moved like a 45 pounder and was a freak athlete at that size. 

Yes, Dickerson really was impressive at State that year.  It would have been great to see how he would have done his senior year and maybe beyond.

4 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Yes, Dickerson really was impressive at State that year.  It would have been great to see how he would have done his senior year and maybe beyond.

Thank you for the kind words..I wish I could get my hands on the 95 finals! He was a cadet all American as well and hadn't wrestled that long.. was an enigma..Sad sad situation. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

4 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Thank you for the kind words..I wish I could get my hands on the 95 finals! He was a cadet all American as well and hadn't wrestled that long.. was an enigma..Sad sad situation. 

Does sound like a sad story?  What happened?

25 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I have a copy of the 95 finals, on good ole VHS.  The sound buffers in & out, but has face-offs, finals matches, & weight class awards.  My parents made a copy a few years back to DVD, to hopefully preserve the quality.  I found this gem a few weeks back, searching through some old totes.  I can name em all & school, have at it (without cheating at bottom)!!! 

Thought I would share.  

95 state finals 2.jpg

Edited by Coach Duncan

24 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

I have a copy of the 95 finals, on good ole VHS.  The sound buffers in & out, but has face-offs, finals matches, & weight class awards.  My parents made a copy a few years back to DVD, to hopefully preserve the quality.  I found this gem a few weeks back, searching through some old totes.  I can name em all & school, have at it!!! 

Thought I would share.  

95 state finals 2.jpg

7 minutes ago, Coach Duncan said:

I have a copy of the 95 finals, on good ole VHS.  The sound buffers in & out, but has face-offs, finals matches, & weight class awards.  My parents made a copy a few years back to DVD, to hopefully preserve the quality.  I found this gem a few weeks back, searching through some old totes.  I can name em all & school, have at it (without cheating at bottom)!!! 

Thought I would share.  

95 state finals 2.jpg

Omg! That's so badass!  That's awesome you got that picture and DVD now... Maybe you could upload it to youtube 1 day or something.. that's legendary

3 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

That was actually my first state finals. I remember him vaguely, I was a youngster. Same year Greg Schaefer won state as a frosh I believe.

4 hours ago, Coach Duncan said:

I have a copy of the 95 finals, on good ole VHS.  The sound buffers in & out, but has face-offs, finals matches, & weight class awards.  My parents made a copy a few years back to DVD, to hopefully preserve the quality.  I found this gem a few weeks back, searching through some old totes.  I can name em all & school, have at it!!! 

Thought I would share.  

95 state finals 2.jpg

Man I used to go through that VHS tape multiple times back in the day.  Sure the in match sound was cut out, but overall a great watch.  

4 hours ago, Jayruss said:

That was actually my first state finals. I remember him vaguely, I was a youngster. Same year Greg Schaefer won state as a frosh I believe.

The one year experiment at changing the light weight to 100.   Freshman Schaefer wins over David Combs of Bloomington South for the title.  

Edited by MattM

Pinned All Opponents in State Finals [First year 
for four-round tournament was 1984]
4 by James Dickerson, New Castle [Hwt], 1995
4 by D.J. Radnovich, Gibson Southern [215], 
4 by Trey Reese, Indian Creek [215], 2011
4 by Shawn Streck, Merrillville [285], 2015
4 by Mason Parris, Lawrenceburg [220], 2018
3 by Sam Lamb, Evansville Bosse [132], 

4 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

That's NUTS so if someone could some how beat him it would be MAJOR upset wouldn't it.

If any of them make it all 3 periods it would be something.. and that's not a knock on the kids it's just how good Silas is.. he's really only a jr by his age.. and arguably#1 in the country.. and has beaten many nationally ranked guys in 3 different weights.

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.