Growing the sport

Near Fall

9 hours ago, Near Fall said:

Can we start shooting t-shirts ,singlets in the stands at semi state and state finals please anyone tell me why this is a bad idea and why we haven’t been doing this yet ?I think if we did a lil more for the fans we could have more fans.

not a bad idea.   Maybe we need a mascot to do it.  Maybe some of the good teams could send a mascot, or we could make a wrestling one like the olympics.

Just now, luv2compete said:

How about an INDIANA MAT mascot?

Yea,  we could use the Indianamat Gorilla throwing T-shirts.   That's the best idea I've heard all day. Joe has to even has to like this idea.   Great advertising opportunity.   And some of these shirts can be Indianamat T-shirts.    If Joe, doesn't have the Gorilla suit, time to invest in one.  This seriously is a good idea.  

Yes!!! The INDIANAMAT gorilla!!! Great promotion for INDIANAMAT!!! I’m sure my son would volunteer!!!! Let’s do it!!!

38 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

not a bad idea.   Maybe we need a mascot to do it.  Maybe some of the good teams could send a mascot, or we could make a wrestling one like the olympics.

5 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Yea,  we could use the Indianamat Gorilla throwing T-shirts.   That's the best idea I've heard all day. Joe has to even has to like this idea.   Great advertising opportunity.   And some of these shirts can be Indianamat T-shirts.    If Joe, doesn't have the Gorilla suit, time to invest in one.  This seriously is a good idea.  

7 minutes ago, Y2CJ41 said:

I think it would be better if @Wrestling Scholar would throw tacos into the crowd. People LOVE tacos.

True, people love tacos,  including the Scholar.   The problem is the  Scholar already has a lot of unpaid taco debt already.    But im sending the idea to my engineering department on how to make a taco launcher.    Even though a great idea,   tacos can be messy and Im visualizing the flying tacos landing in the stands creating an explosion of beef, shredded cheese, taco sauce and taco shells.  I could see this landing on a Perry Meridian Fan with a clean brand new powder blue T Shirt and being upset with a taco stain.    What if it a guy the guy ruined a Merrillville Purple sweat shirt.  The scholar would be in trouble.   I think a low  probability I could get the  written consent of the Bankers Life Security department or the consent of the Marion County food board.

But the idea of a Gorilla in a singlet like the coach on Vision Quest had on with the Indianamat logo it is genius.     You're marketing should be thanking Luv2Compete and the Scholar.  I say you go all out and get the Gorilla that does flips and dunks basketballs.   You could make t-shirts with your advertisers  on it and really market the  heck out of this.  You're welcome Joe.  

4 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Imagine a bunch of hungry parents and wrestlers throwing head locks in the stands to get their hands on them there tacos😂

That's true.   Even though the shell might be cracked.  People are going to be wrestling over them tacos.

1 minute ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

That's true.   Even though the shell might be cracked.  People are going to be wrestling over them tacos.

Hell that's just Taco salad then! I know a woman right now would do a life sentence over a walking taco let alone a limited Gorilla addition Wrestling taco!

11 hours ago, Near Fall said:

Can we start shooting t-shirts ,singlets in the stands at semi state and state finals please anyone tell me why this is a bad idea and why we haven’t been doing this yet ?I think if we did a lil more for the fans we could have more fans.

We threw out t-shirts for a couple seasons after every pin we got during a home dual. 

5 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

True, people love tacos,  including the Scholar.   The problem is the  Scholar already has a lot of unpaid taco debt already.    But im sending the idea to my engineering department on how to make a taco launcher.    Even though a great idea,   tacos can be messy and Im visualizing the flying tacos landing in the stands creating an explosion of beef, shredded cheese, taco sauce and taco shells.  I could see this landing on a Perry Meridian Fan with a clean brand new powder blue T Shirt and being upset with a taco stain.    What if it a guy the guy ruined a Merrillville Purple sweat shirt.  The scholar would be in trouble.   I think a low  probability I could get the  written consent of the Bankers Life Security department or the consent of the Marion County food board.

But the idea of a Gorilla in a singlet like the coach on Vision Quest had on with the Indianamat logo it is genius.     You're marketing should be thanking Luv2Compete and the Scholar.  I say you go all out and get the Gorilla that does flips and dunks basketballs.   You could make t-shirts with your advertisers  on it and really market the  heck out of this.  You're welcome Joe.  

Joe,

Here's the update.   I talked to Julio in Guest Relations at Bankers Life,  and he thought the Taco idea was a great idea.   They didn't go for the taco launcher as was  just not safe enough, but they said we could take the Taco Bell Taco Blimp  and take off the Taco Bell advertising and put the Wrestling Scholar advertisement on it.  He said it can drop little  parachutes with tacos in them.   So be on the lookout Friday night for the newest upgrade to the State tournament,  flying tacos. He asked what wrestling scholar was and I told him we sell college text books, and Julio went for it.   The scholar has a lot bananas to pay for this, so no problem there.

tacos.png

Joe,

I also mentioned to Julio in guest relations at Bankers life  about the Gorilla throwing t-shirts and he said he thought it was another great idea. Panther the Pacer is best friends with the Phoenix suns Gorrilla and sometimes subs for him.  They were the same size mascot uniform.   And surprisingly he is available Friday night for just a small fee plus transportation costs.  Just need a big Indianamat T-shirt but we got to provide the ring of fire for  the fire dunking stunt also.

1-gorilla-mascot-phoenix-suns 2.jpg

Phoenix suns gorilla 1.png

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.