Petty back and forth and during the season Champion

GenHeavyHandz

4 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

I must do it to honor the man. Although this is going to be a terrible cut 😭

Lol what do you even weigh?  I'd prefer FS honestly if you insist... Look at us old folk catching that fever cuz of state😂😂 I wanted to wrestle him because I was mad honestly.. i'm 210 porked up!

@GenHeavyHandz nothing but positive thoughts man, hated to read this all this morning.  I hope you have a speedy recovery, and I have to be the one to say it...…. if this is a hoax you may make poster/thread HOF, heck this thread may already make the HOF !!!!!! 

Wish I had better news.  They found more blockages so I’m here for awhile. Fellas all jokes aside I’m scared.  I’m not going to make it to state.  I may not make to AAU State in Iowa. One thing this taught me is there is more to life than to go back and forth and be petty. I’m about to die because I was mad Caleb said Watts could take Early.  That’s really what started this whole petty bs I was on all season.  Take care of yourselves: that’s what I should’ve done.

1 minute ago, JMILL said:

@GenHeavyHandz nothing but positive thoughts man, hated to read this all this morning.  I hope you have a speedy recovery, and I have to be the one to say it...…. if this is a hoax you may make poster/thread HOF, heck this thread may already make the HOF !!!!!! 

It def top 5 I've ever seen.. and not because I'm part of it.. you couldn't make this stuff that has happened.. Im just glad he found out something he might've never known until it ws too late.. Never went from wanting to suplex a guy to praying for him.. and that alone showed me what really matters..I know I would've gotten along with him had we not gotten off on the wrong foot..I know I can be annoying or might rub ppl the wrong way or something but i'll never wish medical problems on anybody that hasn't harmed my family..I didn't even wanna hurt the guys I fought either and just used the competition aspect along with the money I had to make to live as motivation.. Never would've forgave myself had he passed and still bummed out he is in hospital..But they say everything happens for a reason and this def will be a thread forever remembered.. and hopefully @GenHeavyHandz comes bk better than before and lives a happy healthy life. 

30 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Wish I had better news.  They found more blockages so I’m here for awhile. Fellas all jokes aside I’m scared.  I’m not going to make it to state.  I may not make to AAU State in Iowa. One thing this taught me is there is more to life than to go back and forth and be petty. I’m about to die because I was mad Caleb said Watts could take Early.  That’s really what started this whole petty bs I was on all season.  Take care of yourselves: that’s what I should’ve done.

Damn man, this is a blessing im disguise then.. lord knows what would've happened had you went longer without getting diagnosis..btw just so this isn't too mushy Ill Name drop a little for ya like old times😂

Gralan Early and my best friend Matt jaggers use to have wars.. Jaggers beat him for the FS state title their last year cadet..Gralan got revenge that following HS on Saturday morning their sophomore years at IHSAA state.. That match alone showed me a valuable lesson all my guys obide  by... Early realized Jaggers was very Takedown from the tie oriented... Nasty Snap downs (seem him bounce countless guys heads off the mat from their feet with it) ankle picks and Butt ducks aka boot scoots...So everytime matt would reach,Gralan would change levels and take him down...It was genius on many levels.. not only did he make adjustments to beat matt it drove home many technical points..If a guy reaches for your head he's given up his heads and hand D..Anybody reaching isn't expecting q guy  to change levels.. He assumes they'll be there when he reaches and he isn't.. and when a guy is so use to wrestling a certain style it's very hard to make im match adjustments when they're that committed... Both guys had magnificent careers with both wrestling under the lights! And All my guys know "if they reach, you teach".. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Damn man, this is a blessing im disguise then.. lord knows what would've happened had you went longer without getting diagnosis..btw just so this isn't too mushy Ill Name drop a little for ya like old times😂

Gralan Early and my best friend Matt jaggers use to have wars.. Jaggers beat him for the FS state title their last year cadet..Gralan got revenge that following HS on Saturday morning their sophomore years at IHSAA state.. That match alone showed me a valuable lesson all my guys obide  by... Early realized Jaggers was very Takedown from the tie oriented... Nasty Snap downs (seem him bounce countless guys heads off the mat from their feet with it) ankle picks and Butt ducks aka boot scoots...So everytime matt would reach,Gralan would change levels and take him down...It was genius on many levels.. not only did he make adjustments to beat matt it drove home many technical points..If a guy reaches for your head he's given up his heads and hand D..Anybody reaching isn't expecting q guy  to change levels.. He assumes they'll be there when he reaches and he isn't.. and when a guy is so use to wrestling a certain style it's very hard to make im match adjustments when they're that committed... Both guys had magnificent careers with both wrestling under the lights! And All my guys know "if they reach, you teach".. 

This is why I love how the neutral game has progressed over the decades.  There are so many evolving situations that are being created from the whole tie vs. space set up dialectic.  The mixed tie variations I have seen Angel teach is proof of the philosophical changes.  The transitional contact and breaking contract, pulling the trigger on shots timing is also becoming verifiable technique to use in current times, along with added emphasis on the reshot.  You just can't have plan A anymore, or even just plan B to go with A.

8 minutes ago, busstogate said:

This is why I love how the neutral game has progressed over the decades.  There are so many evolving situations that are being created from the whole tie vs. space set up dialectic.  The mixed tie variations I have seen Angel teach is proof of the philosophical changes.  The transitional contact and breaking contract, pulling the trigger on shots timing is also becoming verifiable technique to use in current times, along with added emphasis on the reshot.  You just can't have plan A anymore, or even just plan B to go with A.

Exactly... look at Parris attacking both sides and keeping the big men on their back foot guessing.. You're right about our sport evolving.. ..its the oldest sport there is and we are still creating more techniques.. think about Askren and that funk roll where he passes the laces and turns his D into offense..Rodgers pulled it off vs Noehre earlier this season.. just 10 years ago there wasn't hardly none of that.. angel also mastered thigh picks out of the front head position and was wrestling like an elite mature international level guy as a freshman.. Jaggers said it was like ice skating up hill.. every where he went Angel was already there..Our sport has come along nicely and its guys like Angel who showed us what was possible..

Along with Reece,Howe and Mendez..Allred is another that's evolved through competing im all 3 styles and tying them together!  Vega ws another 1 that adapted FS well into folkstyle.. it's not a coincidence that most Folk Style studs are also FS studs..We need FS as our style at the all age divisions instead of Folk imho Its similar to how MMA is the most efficient fighting art because it ties all disciplines into 1 and is more appealing to a variety..Just wrestling Folk is like just Boxing and then going into MMA without other tools.. look how good America is with FS being our secondary style..if we made it our main focus our country would evolve the sport to another level and our MEDAL count im international competition would be higher.

Not to be that guy - but, after spending my morning reading this thread I have four thoughts. 1) This was super entertaining. 2) I hope you get better quickly Gen. Lucky you caught things when you did. 3) FC is literally one of the guys in this sport that will give you the shirt off his back if it helps you. He will help anyone try to become a better wrestler and he loves the sport like few other, period. 4) I'm thinking...and this may be a bit out of line (probably not on this thread), but seeing the hospital pic I am fairly certain the weight class would have been more around the 220 mark than the 167. Now - carry on. Let the making up commence.

Edited by grappleapple

4 minutes ago, grappleapple said:

Not to be that guy - but, after spending my morning reading this thread I have four thoughts. 1) This was super entertaining. 2) I hope you get better quickly Gen. Lucky you caught things when you did. 3) FC is literally one of the guys in this sport that will give you the shirt off his back if it helps you. He will help anyone try to become a better wrestler and he loves the sport like few other, period. 4) I'm thinking...and this may be a bit out of line (probably not on this thread), but seeing the hospital pic I am fairly certain the weight class would have been more around the 220 mark than the 167. Now - carry on. Let the making up commence.

Thank you for the kind words sir! I'm glad that ppl view me this way and I'll never stop giving bk to the sport that saved my life!  

6 minutes ago, grappleapple said:

I'm gonna thumb wrestle @GenHeavyHandz to settle it once and for all!  And if need be i'll Indian burn his wrist into submission if he gets outta line! 

44 minutes ago, grappleapple said:

I’m 5’3. 190 on me looks like 230 on an average height guy.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.