Team title

22 minutes ago, Wrestlingaddict101 said:

Yea I agree but hayhurst is ranked 9th so him placing isn’t a huge deal, parkinson is ranked 3rd and gets the #1 in the state. Tough draw. If parkinson doesn’t draw walker he probably earns a bunch of teams points for mater dei 

A hobbled Walker though. Or unless the injury wasn’t that major but aggravating it more would hurt his run and the kid is that much of a beast and has the mental fortitude to say screw it, doesn’t matter who I draw. If so, my hat goes off to him haha. Either way the hobbled Walker beats arguably his toughest chance out the gate, or was seriously hurt but gave it his all. Either way I hope he’s healthy enough to watch those Friday night fireworks!

25 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Boarman and Ross got great draws for Mater Dei. 

I wouldn’t sleep on Dylan Driver, kid is tough, technically sound, and strong. Nobody (myself included) thought Cottey would get beat, then Dylan beats one (Glithero SS#5/#14) of the two kids who’s beat Cottey in the past year to punch his ticket to state. Not to mention beating Ingalls (a highly underrated SS#8, twice) Hooper (SS#3/#12, who had beat him at least once, and beat Anthony 2 weeks in a row). Tough road, hungry kid, hoping he stays hungry.

2 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

I wouldn’t sleep on Dylan Driver, kid is tough, technically sound, and strong. Nobody (myself included) thought Cottey would get beat, then Dylan beats one (Glithero SS#5/#14) of the two kids who’s beat Cottey in the past year to punch his ticket to state. Not to mention beating Ingalls (a highly underrated SS#8, twice) Hooper (SS#3/#12, who had beat him at least once, and beat Anthony 2 weeks in a row). Tough road, hungry kid, hoping he stays hungry.

i don’t believe he beat elijah anthony, you must be mistaken... although he did revenge his loss to hooper who beat him at least 2 times maybe even 3 

2 hours ago, Midstate0413 said:

so did MD's 160 and 170.

I thought MD got good if not great draws in all classes except 182.  That  doesn't mean they will win every match, but it is set p fairly for all of them with the possible exception of Freeman at 120.  Bettich in the Quarterfinal and Seltzer in the Semi if he gets past Bettich.  

2 hours ago, Sutton047 said:

I don't think anyone is sleeping on him or anyone else.  Drawing Driver was the best possible draw for Ross because if he wins, it also prevented him from seeing Cottey on Saturday morning.  Another example is Blake Boarman got a great draw with Hayden Shepherd.  Not so much because Shepherd isn't good, but because it avoided a potential first round match with Logan Bailey and put Bailey and Drake Campbell, they only two he has lost to this year, on the opposite side of the bracket.

The key is no matter what draw you get, you still gotta go out and win,

I have never won a state finals bracket challenge so dont kill me for my picks.   But I think I got top 10 one time. EMD is going to be hard to beat on paper but that’s what makes our sport so awesome, you have to show up, weigh in, put and ankle band on and wrestle. Here is how I had it shaking out. 

EMD

113- 2nd, 120- 5th, 132- 3rd, 138- 1st, 145- 4th, 160- 1st, 170- 3, 182- 1st 

CP

106- 3rd, 113- 5th, 120- 3rd, 126- 7th, 132- 1st, 145- 3rd, 160- 5th

Cathedral

120- 1st, 138- 2nd, 160- 3rd, 170- 7th, 

195- 8th, 285- 4th 

Brownsburg

106- 1st, 126- 3rd, 138- 5th, 195- 4th, 285- 1st 

11 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

I have never won a state finals bracket challenge so dont kill me for my picks.   But I think I got top 10 one time. EMD is going to be hard to beat on paper but that’s what makes our sport so awesome, you have to show up, weigh in, put and ankle band on and wrestle. Here is how I had it shaking out. 

EMD

113- 2nd, 120- 5th, 132- 3rd, 138- 1st, 145- 4th, 160- 1st, 170- 3, 182- 1st 

CP

106- 3rd, 113- 5th, 120- 3rd, 126- 7th, 132- 1st, 145- 3rd, 160- 5th

Cathedral

120- 1st, 138- 2nd, 160- 3rd, 170- 7th, 

195- 8th, 285- 4th 

Brownsburg

106- 1st, 126- 3rd, 138- 5th, 195- 4th, 285- 1st 

I just can’t see Roberson at 126 or Frazier 113 finishing outside the top 4 for CP. They have a legit shot at having 106 113 126 and 132 all in the finals. And that pains me to say lmao also I’m gonna agree with Parkinson, If he beats walker Friday night I think he will have his hand raised under the lights. Just my opinions

8 minutes ago, RaiderColfax said:

I just can’t see Roberson at 126 or Frazier 113 finishing outside the top 4 for CP. They have a legit shot at having 106 113 126 and 132 all in the finals. And that pains me to say lmao also I’m gonna agree with Parkinson, If he beats walker Friday night I think he will have his hand raised under the lights. Just my opinions

I agree and Goin could win 106 and I wouldnt be surprised at all. 126 is just brutal. Its hard for me to imagine that I have dalton vs roberson in the consis wrestling for the chance to go for 5th.  But lets flip the script and say they Both win saturday morning. Its just as hard to imagine montgomery and lowery in the losers bracket. That is the weight class of the weekend for sure. 

10 minutes ago, CoachDuke2.0 said:

I agree and Goin could win 106 and I wouldnt be surprised at all. 126 is just brutal. Its hard for me to imagine that I have dalton vs roberson in the consis wrestling for the chance to go for 5th.  But lets flip the script and say they Both win saturday morning. Its just as hard to imagine montgomery and lowery in the losers bracket. That is the weight class of the weekend for sure. 

Roberson beat Montgomery 5-1 earlier in the year, I’m just basing it off that will probably be a similar outcome again. Roberson is wrestling lights out and lots of confidence.

1 hour ago, RaiderColfax said:

Roberson beat Montgomery 5-1 earlier in the year, I’m just basing it off that will probably be a similar outcome again. Roberson is wrestling lights out and lots of confidence.

i beg to differ.. montgomery has wrestled ben dalton back to back weekends and won both of those matches and lost a close match to ray rioux in the semi state championship while who has roberson wrestled these last 3 weeks..?

10 hours ago, wrestlerfan5 said:

i beg to differ.. montgomery has wrestled ben dalton back to back weekends and won both of those matches and lost a close match to ray rioux in the semi state championship while who has roberson wrestled these last 3 weeks..?

I’m not going to argue, I’m just stating a previous outcome and my opinion. Guess we might find out Saturday morning.

Have any coaches heard from or confirmed with Mr Faulkens whether or not Friday night matches will count towards team scores?

In the Winter Bulletin it says " Team scoring at the Semi‐State and State Meet will begin during the opening round with advancement points."

However, last year there were *no* points scored for any Friday night matches.  Would like to get this clearly established before Friday night's matches are under way

2 hours ago, base said:

Have any coaches heard from or confirmed with Mr Faulkens whether or not Friday night matches will count towards team scores?

In the Winter Bulletin it says " Team scoring at the Semi‐State and State Meet will begin during the opening round with advancement points."

However, last year there were *no* points scored for any Friday night matches.  Would like to get this clearly established before Friday night's matches are under way

How freaking ridiculous is it that this isn't established and done the same way EVERY year?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.