Beeks vs Hardcastle ticket round match

AJ

Did Beeks start on the wrong whistle or did he just false start? There didnt seem to be a call made right away, and the Southern Wells coaches didnt seem to understand either when Hardcastle's hand was raised.... Lots of co fusion at the time... That was going to be one heck of a ticket round match....

33 minutes ago, AJ said:

Did Beeks start on the wrong whistle or did he just false start? There didnt seem to be a call made right away, and the Southern Wells coaches didnt seem to understand either when Hardcastle's hand was raised.... Lots of co fusion at the time... That was going to be one heck of a ticket round match....

He definitely jumped the whistle.

1 hour ago, AJ said:

Beeks started on Mat 2’s whistle and got a caution for it. I saw it clearly while watching the Berne Witness live stream. 

I didn’t think it was a caution if you went on another mat’s whistle. 

20 minutes ago, HemiCuda said:

I have re-watched on the witness & track multiple times and I am still not sure what happened. I hear a whistle & refs arm is in motion. How does a caution result in this outcome? Was something illegal? 

There was a rule change a few years ago where if a kid was injured on a false start and couldn't continue that they would win via injury default. It was a good rule change for instances where a false start causes an injury to an opponent.

This situation is very interesting as it was a ticket round and the injured wrestler recovered enough to win semi-state.

1 hour ago, Y2CJ41 said:

There was a rule change a few years ago where if a kid was injured on a false start and couldn't continue that they would win via injury default. It was a good rule change for instances where a false start causes an injury to an opponent.

This situation is very interesting as it was a ticket round and the injured wrestler recovered enough to win semi-state.

Miraculous almost 

The rule was interpreted correctly by the officials. The question of it being a true false start is not so clear in the video. I will try and post video at some point. Just like many things in life it is when the rule or situation is abused. I have coached for many years and never have been put in the situation that the Oak Hill coaching staff was put into on Saturday. I believe in all my heart I know what I would have done in the situation. However the problem and the "unfortunate situation" that this rule caused was that Josh Beeks will never get the opportunity that he has earned by working hard and puttting himself in the best possible situation you can by entering the Semi-State tournament has a Regional champ, will never happen. 30 secs. into the match a "Caution" ended the kids career and his dream of being a State Qualifier. 

I appreciate all those comments made. I was at mat side. The referee signaled a false start, the Oak Hill wrestler was tended and their was discussion taking place between the head coach of Oak Hill and the referees along with one of those in charge refs. I am not being critical but what I would have liked to have seen would have been that the ref would have signaled the “false start” on him, given the appropriate “recovery time” and then let the match continue. That would eliminate some of the more negative effects.

This is a tough one. If he was temporarily injured enough to possibly get beat in that ticket round match then he should not have continued.  Any other scenario other than that except defaulting to fourth would seem to have some sportsmanship/morality faults to it, in my opinion. Tough one. 

2 hours ago, SWwrestling said:

The rule was interpreted correctly by the officials. The question of it being a true false start is not so clear in the video. I will try and post video at some point. Just like many things in life it is when the rule or situation is abused. I have coached for many years and never have been put in the situation that the Oak Hill coaching staff was put into on Saturday. I believe in all my heart I know what I would have done in the situation. However the problem and the "unfortunate situation" that this rule caused was that Josh Beeks will never get the opportunity that he has earned by working hard and puttting himself in the best possible situation you can by entering the Semi-State tournament has a Regional champ, will never happen. 30 secs. into the match a "Caution" ended the kids career and his dream of being a State Qualifier. 

You don’t think Hardcastle has dreams of becoming a star qualifier too? He worked hard to get to that point too. What if Beeks would have had his knee injured like what happened in that situation. And don’t be saying subtle comments about the coaching staff, I heard you yesterday talking crap about the coaching staff. Just low. 

12 minutes ago, Manimal2001 said:

You don’t think Hardcastle has dreams of becoming a star qualifier too? He worked hard to get to that point too. What if Beeks would have had his knee injured like what happened in that situation. And don’t be saying subtle comments about the coaching staff, I heard you yesterday talking crap about the coaching staff. Just low. 

What’s low is a kid being “injured” enough to get a default win to get the state, then show zero signs of injury on his way to a title. 

12 minutes ago, Manimal2001 said:

Why didn’t you say something to him then, instead of doing it on the internet? Don’t be a internet tough guy to other people now 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.