How many through?

piscis1956

If  counted correctly, at the Ft. Wayne Semi-State there were 14 champions from 14 different schools and 34 different teams sending wrestlers to State.

Western 4 - 0 champs

Bellmont 3 - 1 champ

Garrett 3 - 1

Oak Hill 3 - 1

Carroll 3 - 0

Southern Wells? 3 - 0

Peru 2 - 1

New Haven? 2 - 1

Norwell? 2 - 1

1 minute ago, piscis1956 said:

If  counted correctly, at the Ft. Wayne Semi-State there were 14 champions from 14 different schools and 34 different teams sending wrestlers to State.

Western 4 - 0 champs

Bellmont 3 - 1 champ

Garrett 3 - 1

Oak Hill 3 - 1

Carroll 3 - 0

Southern Wells? 3 - 0

Peru 2 - 1

New Haven? 2 - 1

Norwell? 2 - 1

None from Yorktown. How long has it been since they did not get any to state?

Trent was great for Yorktown.  He had a way of inspiring others to want to go there.  He helped my sons and my grandsons at an open tourney years ago because I had no idea what I was doing.  He asked me if I would mind if he would coach them matside for the day.  At first I thought it was a joke, it was not.  He coached them the rest of the day.

A lot of the local guys around the Adams County area like to throw the word "recruiter" out there, I know nothing of that.  I just know he went out of his way to help these random kids out.  I'm in the minority, but it's sad to see such a great program become laughable in just a couple/few years.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.