Justice Cash

Wrestlingfanatic

This is Justice Cash and after losing 4 times at semi-state I am coming on here to share the story that I never was able to share after winning a state title... The dog tag in the picture has been in my shoe for every wrestling match since Amante Young's death... He was a brother to me and there was nothing I wanted to do more than win a state title for him and his memory. He died tragically in a car crash a few months after winning a state title in Michigan. For those who knew Amante you would know he was one of the sweetest, joyful, and kind hearted people you've ever met. He was always smiling and brought so much joy to others, he always had my back, and he always wanted to make himself better. His home life was never amazing but he still was always trying to make money to give gifts to his whole family during holidays and other occasions even knowing he wouldn't be getting any from his parents at times. He always wanted to help people and he never acted like he was bound to be unsuccessful because of his home life, he found ways to make himself better and others around him better. I could go on and on about how amazing Amante was as a person and a wrestler and about how much he meant to me and so many others, but here is the end and the end of my high school career. I would be so grateful if anyone who reads this would mention his name in my place after winning a state title this year because I have failed to make it there for him myself... Thank you...

15817945735665034138264799294720.jpg

Justice,

it has been a joy watching you wrestle.  You were so much fun to watch!! You taught my son Jordan a thing or two back in the day!! I know your next journey will be amazing!!!! You have a great attitude, wonderful family and we wish nothing but the best for you!

love,

Donna & John Slivka 

Regardless of how this one turned out for you personally, just by allowing his memory live on you have “made it there for him.”  Keep using his story to inspire your future plans.  That will be a bigger impact on your life and greater tribute to him than any state placement would ever be. 

Edited by MattM

2 hours ago, Wrestlingfanatic said:

This is Justice Cash and after losing 4 times at semi-state I am coming on here to share the story that I never was able to share after winning a state title... The dog tag in the picture has been in my shoe for every wrestling match since Amante Young's death... He was a brother to me and there was nothing I wanted to do more than win a state title for him and his memory. He died tragically in a car crash a few months after winning a state title in Michigan. For those who knew Amante you would know he was one of the sweetest, joyful, and kind hearted people you've ever met. He was always smiling and brought so much joy to others, he always had my back, and he always wanted to make himself better. His home life was never amazing but he still was always trying to make money to give gifts to his whole family during holidays and other occasions even knowing he wouldn't be getting any from his parents at times. He always wanted to help people and he never acted like he was bound to be unsuccessful because of his home life, he found ways to make himself better and others around him better. I could go on and on about how amazing Amante was as a person and a wrestler and about how much he meant to me and so many others, but here is the end and the end of my high school career. I would be so grateful if anyone who reads this would mention his name in my place after winning a state title this year because I have failed to make it there for him myself... Thank you...

15817945735665034138264799294720.jpg

Justice you are bound for much greater things than just a state title. 

I remember the good ol’ days at Humphrey’s when we would play under the bleachers during the ‘big kids’ practice, I’ve wondered how ya been lately. Sorry to hear you didn’t make it, but this is just a small portion of life, don’t dwell on it, hopefully I get to see you in the future. 

-Wyatt

You are such a class act Justice.  I know you are disappointed that you did not make it but this is just a bump in the road.  You are definitely destined for a bright future. I appreciate having the opportunity to watch you grow from little Bam Bam to the fine young man that you are today. 
You and Amante were blessed to have such great friends in each other. 

Justice,

You have gained many new fans tonight (unintentionally I’m sure), including me.  You have had the advice I give to all high school athletes to “not peak in high school” built in to your very nature or is it the nurturing from your terrific family. Either way you will have great success in whatever you decide to do. Congrats in advance!

Doug Annakin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.