Semi State Upsets

littlevito

23 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

I thought the same about Gentry.  Gentry won 5-2 at the Regional so maybe Dickens wasn't the 2nd best, but I thought both were impressive today.  Really liked it when I saw Gentry go for and finish an ankle pick (Munoz match, I think).

We aren't talking about last week TODAY Dickens beat an undefeated kid and  gave  to Keys all he wanted but lost 3-1  while Gentry got MAJORED by keys .

so by the meeting the champ DICKENS wrestled over the whole day better in my opinion but we can agree to disagree on that I guess

1 hour ago, GreenGene said:

Asbury - finally got called for it in the finals match

Put up 9,7,3 in the first 3 matches. Don’t know how that’s stalling?? You said right to my face after my finals match you didn’t say anything on the internet about me. Stop talking about me please. 

36 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

We aren't talking about last week TODAY Dickens beat an undefeated kid and  gave  to Keys all he wanted but lost 3-1  while Gentry got MAJORED by keys .

so by the meeting the champ DICKENS wrestled over the whole day better in my opinion but we can agree to disagree on that I guess

Actually we were agreeing 95%.  I guess if that's not good enough for you, then be annoyed and create a post to tell me about it.  I'm not going to split hairs with you.  We both agree he was very impressive.  I'm very aware of what happened today.  Why can't that be enough?  

20 minutes ago, Just Looking 4 Info said:

Any idea what Nathan Willman of North Posey actually weighs?  He pinned his way to SS Championship and there is no way he is close to 220 soaking wet.

He didn’t start bulking up and increasing is calorie intake until after team state where he went 195. I’d say good strategy by he and his Dad. Can’t be much over 205 if at all. 

5 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

He didn’t start bulking up and increasing is calorie intake until after team state where he went 195. I’d say good strategy by he and his Dad. Can’t be much over 205 if at all. 

He definitely looked undersized compared to Dodson

14 hours ago, maligned said:

Arguably already happening...no offensive points through 5 minutes of Lone/Winner final in FW. Who wants it least, boys? (Definitely not suggesting they're seriously throwing a match, but it's got to hurt the motivation!)

This is a terrible take from someone who has a voice in our wrestling community. That was an extremely hard fought match. By saying something like this you are painting a bad picture of the sport of wrestling in Indiana. You should be embarrassed 

10 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Actually we were agreeing 95%.  I guess if that's not good enough for you, then be annoyed and create a post to tell me about it.  I'm not going to split hairs with you.  We both agree he was very impressive.  I'm very aware of what happened today.  Why can't that be enoug

The way he performed there was no reason to say he lost at regionals .

11 hours ago, Peyton Asbury said:

Put up 9,7,3 in the first 3 matches. Don’t know how that’s stalling?? You said right to my face after my finals match you didn’t say anything on the internet about me. Stop talking about me please. 

You just keep doing what your doing kid. This idiot troll made a profile just to bust the chops of a kid that wrestled very smart. Way to put this dude in check. With that said, leave this chat to idiots like us. Check all this out after next weekend. You just keep grinding champ! 

1 hour ago, infowrestling said:

This is a terrible take from someone who has a voice in our wrestling community. That was an extremely hard fought match. By saying something like this you are painting a bad picture of the sport of wrestling in Indiana. You should be embarrassed 

I'm very sorry. I meant it completely ironically and sarcastically because I feel very frustrated about our rigid seeding system. But irony is an irresponsible emotion to communicate in print because it's often unclear like this time. I would never in a million years think that either one of those guys would seriously not give their all to win a match. Obviously, a semi-state title in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment--let alone the additional consideration for next weekend. I'm sorry I didn't consider my words and my approach more carefully in the way I wrote it. Thanks for pointing it out since others would have felt the same in reading it.

Not a huge upset but, Currie from Adams Central winning 145 after Ulrick beat Fiechter.  Fiechter took it to Currie several times this year, although the match at Regionals was a nail biter.  

Lawson from Bellmont getting stuck in a cradle by Chacon when Lawson was controlling the match.

Winner getting beat by Lone....again not really a huge upset.  Very boring match.

Cottingham losing to Shelton shocked me at 132.

Mason over Mccune at 152.  I thought it was Mccune's to lose.

Edited by AdamsCoBuschhh

16 hours ago, maligned said:

Arguably already happening...no offensive points through 5 minutes of Lone/Winner final in FW. Who wants it least, boys? (Definitely not suggesting they're seriously throwing a match, but it's got to hurt the motivation!)

This is complete false assumption.  First these boys wrestled ALL OUT.  A lack of points does not meet lack of skill, exactly the opposite.  Some really great scrambles to keep the score low.  Additionally, I know for a fact that they did not know about the Walker boy forfeiting until after the match.  

2 minutes ago, TBoes said:

This is complete false assumption.  First these boys wrestled ALL OUT.  A lack of points does not meet lack of skill, exactly the opposite.  Some really great scrambles to keep the score low.  Additionally, I know for a fact that they did not know about the Walker boy forfeiting until after the match.  

I wrote this two posts before yours because someone else called me out on that quote too:

I'm very sorry. I meant it completely ironically and sarcastically because I feel very frustrated about our rigid seeding system. But irony is an irresponsible emotion to communicate in print because it's often unclear like this time. I would never in a million years think that either one of those guys would seriously not give their all to win a match. Obviously, a semi-state title in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment--let alone the additional consideration for next weekend. I'm sorry I didn't consider my words and my approach more carefully in the way I wrote it. Thanks for pointing it out since others would have felt the same in reading it.

2 minutes ago, TBoes said:

Read Maligned’s reply above please. 

15 hours ago, Peyton Asbury said:

My dude, I have never met you, I can’t ever recall seeing you wrestle, but you wrestle however you want to. Put up 1 point or get a tech. A win is a win and no one can take that from you. Don’t buy into a troll, he is probably upset that you beat one of his wrestlers or a wrestler he knows, and instead of saying “asbury is better then that kid” he goes straight to saying you’re stalling throughout your matches. Don’t listen to the outside noise. You’re a state qualifier and should be focusing on winning a state title! Good luck bud! Block out any noise that comes to this forum about you. 

I’ll even sign my name yet again because I won’t hide behind a screen name.

Thattus McMurray

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.