Semi State Upsets

littlevito

41 minutes ago, ShawSki said:

Hope Gilbert can keep his cool when he gets to the bank...

Ross wasn’t happy with Gilbert’s celebration and bumped him as he walked by. Gilbert was upset about it. It was an intense ending to the match. 

35 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

He will be fine. Ross said something to him or did something before they shook hands to kinda get him upset. Dont know what was said or done but Gilbert was not happy about it 

Looked like to me just a simple trip up but I could be mistaken.

3 minutes ago, navy80 said:

Ross wasn’t happy with Gilbert’s celebration and bumped him as he walked by. Gilbert was upset about it. It was an intense ending to the match. 

Yea I mean hes a freshman and hit a huge move for a huge win. Any freshman woulda went nuts. I don't think he was disrespecting Ross. I believe he was just celebrating the huge dramatic win.

23 minutes ago, Wrestling4EVER said:

Yea I mean hes a freshman and hit a huge move for a huge win. Any freshman woulda went nuts. I don't think he was disrespecting Ross. I believe he was just celebrating the huge dramatic win.

Well, he lost earlier in the year at the EMD Holiday Classic. I only mention this because he’s tough in himself and didn’t think he could beat Ross. Glad to see him overcome that as he heads to the Bank. 

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

It was 7-2, but what's the difference?  You beat me by about 3 seconds on this one!   ha ha

Gilbert was really impressive today, handling Cheaney Schoeff in the semifinal as well.

But a tight ticket rounder against Castle’s Sutton. 

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

@ Evansville The other Dickens, Ke'Tre of Avon knocks off Undefeated Race Stewart of Bloomington North 5-2, in Round 1

@ New Castle Jared Brown wins in Sudden Victory, 11-9 over Aundre Beatty in the Ticket Round

I'm a southern Indiana guy but I will say DICKENS impressed me today that kid wrestled his BUTT off he finished 3rd but let's be honest he was the 2nd best 285er today.

If he wrestles like that next week he could make some real noise.

2 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

I'm a southern Indiana guy but I will say DICKENS impressed me today that kid wrestled his BUTT off he finished 3rd but let's be honest he was the 2nd best 285er today.

I don’t know, Gentry for Mooresville was impressive today till he ran into the champ. 

1 minute ago, moedaddy77 said:

No argument there.  It's all about the draw now

Just now, 1prouddad said:

I don’t know, Gentry for Mooresville was impressive today till he ran into the champ. 

I thought the same about Gentry.  Gentry won 5-2 at the Regional so maybe Dickens wasn't the 2nd best, but I thought both were impressive today.  Really liked it when I saw Gentry go for and finish an ankle pick (Munoz match, I think).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.