Semi State Upsets

littlevito

@ Evansville The other Dickens, Ke'Tre of Avon knocks off Undefeated Race Stewart of Bloomington North 5-2, in Round 1

@ New Castle Jared Brown wins in Sudden Victory, 11-9 over Aundre Beatty in the Ticket Round

Edited by SWINfan

Lane Gilbert over Cheaney Scheoff 8-4 and looked great

Kysen Montgomery over Ben Dalton 6-3

Ashton Hayhurst gives everything to Ray Rioux but falls 6-3

Drake Campbell over Blake Boarman 6-2 and looked great as well

Logan Boe over Johnathan Kervin in a 12-11 thriller 

I'm sure it's getting out, but there's one "upset" situation going on that's going to tempt guys to forfeit or throw their finals matches when they realize it. There could be a state title on the line on Friday night at one weight.

Arguably already happening...no offensive points through 5 minutes of Lone/Winner final in FW. Who wants it least, boys? (Definitely not suggesting they're seriously throwing a match, but it's got to hurt the motivation!)

A couple people rightfully called me out on this post. I posted the below message later in this thread:

I'm very sorry. I meant it completely ironically and sarcastically because I feel very frustrated about our rigid seeding system. But irony is an irresponsible emotion to communicate in print because it's often unclear like this time. I would never in a million years think that either one of those guys would seriously not give their all to win a match. Obviously, a semi-state title in and of itself is an amazing accomplishment--let alone the additional consideration for next weekend. I'm sorry I didn't consider my words and my approach more carefully in the way I wrote it. Thanks for pointing it out since others would have felt the same in reading it.

Edited by maligned

5 minutes ago, maligned said:

Arguably already happening...no offensive points through 5 minutes of Lone/Winner final in FW. Who wants it least, boys? (Definitely not suggesting they're seriously throwing a match, but it's got to hurt the motivation!)

That’s every match they’ve ever wrestled. 

Sadly that is part of the "luck (good or bad) of the draw" in this format.  As there is only a 1 in 3 chance of drawing into Walker, I don't think I'd less than try to win the match at hand as always.  What if you give less, and then don't draw into him and end up making your road harder.  

2 minutes ago, ShawSki said:

Lane Gilbert over Cole Ross by fall..

Last minute throw put Ross right to his back.

Ross was leading 7-1 before the throw.

It was 7-2, but what's the difference?  You beat me by about 3 seconds on this one!   ha ha

Gilbert was really impressive today, handling Cheaney Schoeff in the semifinal as well.

Edited by SWINfan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.