Great Article about Silas Allred and his inspirational father!

FCFIGHTER170

Btw I can't Express how blessed I am to have a friend like @Perseverance aka Mr.Allred! He's made me realize the blessings I have are to be cherished and to be thankful for every day I wake up... 1 of the greatest men I've had the privilege of calling a friend and more like a brother the last few years.. and another reason that I'm thankful for wrestling not only did it save my life as a kid it also lead me to bonds with great human beings... and to all the love and generosity that's been sent Eric's way, it doesn't go unnoticed! Couldn't have happened to a better family.. The only thing more dangerous than a focused Silas Allred is a Silas carrying a heavy heart that's driven to make his father proud!

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

I know cussing might be taboo here.. but damn! A common theme in the article was using this to impact others...I am impacted. I’m better for reading that articke. 

I know not @Perseverance .much like I don’t know many of you all, but we are a community to some degree, so my heart aches for him and family,. All I’ve seen is positivity and encouragement. May some of that energy be returned!

Prayer said... 

Edited by UncleJimmy

That was a wonderful article! Myself and everyone involved with HSE wrestling will be keeping Eric and Silas in our thoughts and prayers. What a tremendous amount of grit they have both shown. Everyone needs to read this. Thanks for sharing!

10 minutes ago, Coach Brobst said:

That was a wonderful article! Myself and everyone involved with HSE wrestling will be keeping Eric and Silas in our thoughts and prayers. What a tremendous amount of grit they have both shown. Everyone needs to read this. Thanks for sharing!

Np broski.. too good not to share! 

Great article. Makes you rethink the ever popular Dan Gable quote, "Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy."

Sounds like wrestling might be one of the easier things Silas has experienced so far in his young life. Wishing nothing but the best for the Allred family.  

And major kudos, to the CIA group, Eppert, Gill and Ulmer for raising that amount of money to help their family out. Awesome of you guys to do that. 

Genuinely appreciate each of your encouraging words. I equally appreciate all who read the article, and just choose to pray and encourage personally. Collectively means a lot to us as a family.

With full transparency....I can say that I fell in love with the sport of wrestling for reasons other than just my son. He was just the vehicle God used to lead me to it. In fact, in the beginning Silas was average at best.  He was a chubby kid who had some natural gifts, but threw a nasty “lefty” headlock that resembled a Joe Frazier headshot. 😏  So yes....I was the “know nothing” over zealous dad in the corner yelling....”reach back and headlock him!” 😂

But I became absorbed with learning the sport.  Only my scriptural studies took precedence over my wrestling research. And recognizing that attributes like self-sacrifice, humility, work ethic, commitment, perseverance, and above all accountability....were all factors in becoming truly elite at this sport.  That resonated in me, because those were the same characteristics I had to embrace to transform a formerly very wayward lifestyle, and become the man/dad/soldier God created me to be.

Silas and I’s bond is so deep ridden, because we have grown together.  Both in the sport...as well as spiritually. The blessings of adversity....is that it breeds tremendous levels of persevering strength when approached with proper perspective.  We don’t see problems....we see opportunities.  And no disease, excuse, obstacle, or exterior setback will deter the true goal he and I both have dedicated our lives to.  And that’s simply this.....Be a better version of yourself today than you were yesterday.

That daily application will literally push you to new heights that have no plateaus. Because you’ll be in a continuous evolution of forward progress.  So even during peaks in all facets of life....you’ll keep striving to move forward.  Even if in small increments.

This sport, the above attributes I mentioned....have prepared me for this wrestling match with ALS.  Scripture tells us that “We don’t wrestle flesh and blood. But principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.”  There’s even a wrestling match in the Old Testament where Jacob literally wrestled with God all night.  He was left with a permanent limp.

So translated....I won’t be an easy “out”.  It’s not in my DNA, nor is it the spiritual man God has molded me into.  I fully anticipate conquering this disease and being healed.  But if God’s healing doesn’t come until I’m called home....I guarantee you, I won’t get stuck or tech’d.  Even if I have to get pointed....I HAVE ALS, ALS doesn’t HAVE me.

Thanks again for the prayerful support.

Edited by Perseverance

40 minutes ago, Perseverance said:

Genuinely appreciate each of your encouraging words. I equally appreciate all who read the article, and just choose to pray and encourage personally. Collectively means a lot to us as a family.

With full transparency....I can say that I fell in love with the sport of wrestling for reasons other than just my son. He was just the vehicle God used to lead me to it. In fact, in the beginning Silas was average at best.  He was a chubby kid who had some natural gifts, but threw a nasty “lefty” headlock that resembled a Joe Frazier headshot. 😏  So yes....I was the “know nothing” over zealous dad in the corner yelling....”reach back and headlock him!” 😂

But I became absorbed with learning the sport.  Only my scriptural studies took precedence over my wrestling research. And recognizing that attributes like self-sacrifice, humility, work ethic, commitment, perseverance, and above all accountability....were all factors in becoming truly elite at this sport.  That resonated in me, because those were the same characteristics I had to embrace to transform a formerly very wayward lifestyle, and become the man/dad/soldier God created me to be.

Silas and I’s bond is so deep ridden, because we have grown together.  Both in the sport...as well as spiritually. The blessings of adversity....is that it breeds tremendous levels of persevering strength when approached with proper perspective.  We don’t see problems....we see opportunities.  And no disease, excuse, obstacle, or exterior setback will deter the true goal he and I both have dedicated our lives to.  And that’s simply this.....Be a better version of yourself today than you were yesterday.

That daily application will literally push you to new heights that have no plateaus. Because you’ll be in a continuous evolution of forward progress.  So even during peaks in all facets of life....you’ll keep striving to move forward.  Even if in small increments.

This sport, the above attributes I mentioned....have prepared me for this wrestling match with ALS.  Scripture tells us that “We don’t wrestle flesh and blood. But principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places.”  There’s even a wrestling match in the Old Testament where Jacob literally wrestled with God all night.  He was left with a permanent limp.

So translated....I won’t be an easy “out”.  It’s not in my DNA, nor is it the spiritual man God has molded me into.  I fully anticipate conquering this disease and being healed.  But if God’s healing doesn’t come until I’m called home....I guarantee you, I won’t get stuck or tech’d.  Even if I have to get pointed....I HAVE ALS, ALS doesn’t HAVE me.

Thanks again for the prayerful support.

Well said homie! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.