East Chicago Semi State

The Zebra

I won’t be able to make it up there to watch the action, but I would like to see what the region upset picks are for every weight. I don’t know enough about the northern boys so was wondering if any of you had any upsets we may hear about come Saturday night.

Region Sports Network will be covering EC Semi State all day, you can listen to my terrible voice and the one and only "Voice of the Harvest" Mike Reiser

As far as upsets-

106-Cortez over Stuckman

160-Breedlove over Steenbeke

170-Phillips over Verbeek then over Braden Welch

195-Hargan over Pack

285-Whitenack over Perez

Omonode over McLean

15 hours ago, indianmorg said:

Region Sports Network will be covering EC Semi State all day, you can listen to my terrible voice and the one and only "Voice of the Harvest" Mike Reiser

As far as upsets-

106-Cortez over Stuckman

160-Breedlove over Steenbeke

170-Phillips over Verbeek then over Braden Welch

195-Hargan over Pack

285-Whitenack over Perez

Omonode over McLean

I have the same except I have mcclean making it and taking 4th 

38 minutes ago, crosstownrivals said:

Is the RAT back? Will he be making an appearance at ECC? Will he come out of hiding for SS.......All on the next episode. Stay Tuned!

Even with the $10 off special at the Florida Calabash Buffet  and a Matlock marathon weekend down in Florida,  you're expecting to see the Rat at East Chicago? With his lungs healthy after breathing years of pollution free sea air,  I hope he doesn't have a setback after taking in the East Chicago notorious refinery air.

Which also brings up a good point.  With the Rat gone,    who's  taking up the responsibility of providing the public service announcement of giving us a list of the finer things in the Region area  like that really good Taco restaurant or that Bar-B-Que restaurant On the Rise likes?  The Scholar personally want to know where the best Italian Beef is in the Region?   The biggest drawback of going to ECC from Merrilville was that Merrillville had a Portillo's right down the street. Right?

Of course, even in the unlikely case of some of the wrestlers from the Logansport regional might lose early and aren't as familiar with the area,  what are some of the entertainment options in the area?   Didn't the Region Rat have a list of some very cultural and wholesome educating museums and other family entertainment located around the region area?     ECC always is a fun day.

Maybe a slim outside chance the Scholar could even convince his wife to drive up to the Region and watch some good wrestling.  I still owe On the Rise Tacos.    Ill at least have the region broadcast of the SS on my phone looking forward to hearing Mike's call.   

Attica has a really nice little team for the sub 300 student Fountain County high school, with 5 qualifiers that include a couple hammers in Hargan and Douglass. However the draw certainly didn't do this crew favors, though Douglass it could be said had a relatively favorable draw in one of the weaker weights. I haven't got to see Hargan wrestle but regardless of the schedule it takes some skills to arrive undefeated in SS. But drawing Pack in the bloodround will certainly mean if he makes it to state he definitely earned it. Miller at 106 is the lone senior in the group and has a pair of 2nd place finishes this post season thanks to standout sophomore Jake Stall of McCutcheon by scores of 8-4 and 9-4. 

Unfortunately I think fellow small school warrior Jeffrey Bailey of River Forest will be too much for Miller in what figures to be a fantastic blood round match. 4 of the 5 Attica reps are seniors, with just junior 220 Clayton Kelley being the holdout. Kelley has a tough first round assignment in fellow junior Bobby Babcock of Hobart.

guys head to el taco real at lunch time. Ask for Raymondo Garcia tell him the RR sent you. 

Now if you want to get a reel touch of da region head down Indy blvd to 119th.  you get da fine aroma of da region ( my grand pappy said it smelled like money ) there are a number fine establishments to soothe pallet. 

Now Hogleg if you want to give da boys from rentzle tukey a education. Because im sure you guys will be on da fast track at noon - stop at deja vue at cline and a borman. Dare day can witness allot of fine body art work - some of da girls might have more rolls dan dunking doughnuts. 

Go get um Rats !

22 hours ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Even with the $10 off special at the Florida Calabash Buffet  and a Matlock marathon weekend down in Florida,  you're expecting to see the Rat at East Chicago? With his lungs healthy after breathing years of pollution free sea air,  I hope he doesn't have a setback after taking in the East Chicago notorious refinery air.

Which also brings up a good point.  With the Rat gone,    who's  taking up the responsibility of providing the public service announcement of giving us a list of the finer things in the Region area  like that really good Taco restaurant or that Bar-B-Que restaurant On the Rise likes?  The Scholar personally want to know where the best Italian Beef is in the Region?   The biggest drawback of going to ECC from Merrilville was that Merrillville had a Portillo's right down the street. Right?

Of course, even in the unlikely case of some of the wrestlers from the Logansport regional might lose early and aren't as familiar with the area,  what are some of the entertainment options in the area?   Didn't the Region Rat have a list of some very cultural and wholesome educating museums and other family entertainment located around the region area?     ECC always is a fun day.

Maybe a slim outside chance the Scholar could even convince his wife to drive up to the Region and watch some good wrestling.  I still owe On the Rise Tacos.    Ill at least have the region broadcast of the SS on my phone looking forward to hearing Mike's call.   

Little bit south down 41, but Pepinos in Schererville 1/4 mile north of Lake Central has probably the biggest and best beef sandwich in the Region

18 minutes ago, Jcjcjc said:

Rensselaer has Hogleg

region has rat

what non- mascot animals describe some other areas of the EC SS?

I don't know if this counts,  but there was a Bigfoot sighting near the Wabash and Tippecanoe river near Lafayette in 1996.   Lets see the Region top that.

Edited by Wrestling Scholar

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.