New Castle Semi-State Predictions and Scuttlebutt

Y2CJ41

Post your thoughts.

Team scores based on wrestlers winning based off of state ranking, semi-state ranking, and if neither are ranked winning percentage and here is the points.

Teams Total
1 Indianapolis Cathedral 137
2 Warren Central 110
3 Carmel 81
4 Roncalli 74
5 Perry Meridian 66
6 Zionsville 39
7 East Central 33
8 Franklin Central 27
9 Indianapolis Lutheran 27
10 Hamilton Southeastern 26

6 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Post your thoughts.

Team scores based on wrestlers winning based off of state ranking, semi-state ranking, and if neither are ranked winning percentage and here is the points.

Teams Total
1 Indianapolis Cathedral 137
2 Warren Central 110
3 Carmel 81
4 Roncalli 74
5 Perry Meridian 66
6 Zionsville 39
7 East Central 33
8 Franklin Central 27
9 Indianapolis Lutheran 27
10 Hamilton Southeastern 26

Prediction - we won't have Bobby Cox come out of the stands and change the rules on the spot for a wrestler who was not ready to wrestle...

15 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Prediction - we won't have Bobby Cox come out of the stands and change the rules on the spot for a wrestler who was not ready to wrestle...

Was that the wrestler that was in the bathroom at New Castle? I don't remember hearing about Bobby Cox ever doing that.

Going to go with just champs

106- Bryce Lowery

113- Alex Cottey (gets revenge)

120- Zeke Seltzer

126- Brayden Lowery

132- Matthew Koontz

138- Logan Bailey

145- Alec Viduya

152- Brice Coleman

160- Cooper Noehre

170-  Tyler Wagoner

182- Aiden Warren

195- JD Farrell

220- Drew Webster

285- Andrew Irick

42 minutes ago, wrestlerfan5 said:

106- Bryce Lowery

120- Zeke Seltzer

126- Brayden Lowery

132- Matthew Koontz

138- Logan Bailey

145- Alec Viduya

152- Brice Coleman

160- Cooper Noehre

170-  Tyler Wagoner

182- Aiden Warren

195- JD Farrell

220- Drew Webster

285- Andrew Irick

195- Silas Alred no question .

1 hour ago, wrestlerfan5 said:

106- Bryce Lowery

120- Zeke Seltzer

126- Brayden Lowery

132- Matthew Koontz

138- Logan Bailey

145- Alec Viduya

152- Brice Coleman

160- Cooper Noehre

170-  Tyler Wagoner

182- Aiden Warren

195- JD Farrell

220- Drew Webster

285- Andrew Irick

Allred all day at 195!! 

11 hours ago, wrestlerfan5 said:

106- Bryce Lowery

120- Zeke Seltzer

126- Brayden Lowery

132- Matthew Koontz

138- Logan Bailey

145- Alec Viduya

152- Brice Coleman

160- Cooper Noehre

170-  Tyler Wagoner

182- Aiden Warren

195- JD Farrell

220- Drew Webster

285- Andrew Irick

Looks good but I Got wolf over Cottey..Allred pins the field.. Beatty at 32.. and Hall beats Coleman by pin in a wild 1

My prediction on how many from each team will advance:

Cathedral 9
Roncalli 6
Warren Central 6
Carmel 4
Zionsville 4
East Central 3
Franklin Central 2
Greenfield Central 2
Hamilton Southeastern 2
North Central 2
Perry Meridian 2
Anderson 1
Fishers 1
Indianapolis Lutheran 1
Lawrence Central 1
Lawrence North 1
Lawrenceburg 1
Lebanon 1
Milan 1
New Castle 1
New Palestine 1
North Montgomery 1
Richmond 1
Shenandoah 1
Westfield 1

22 minutes ago, VintageGhost said:

Has Wolf wrestled any top 20 kids this season?

Good question.  The only opponent his profile shows him wrestling is Dylan Driver, who isn’t ranked.  Wolf pinned him in 1:41.  Driver’s profile shows he also lost to Cottey 13-4.  It also shows Driver beat 19th ranked Sutton, so he isn’t bad even if he isn’t ranked.

1 minute ago, piscis1956 said:

Good question.  The only opponent his profile shows him wrestling is Dylan Driver, who isn’t ranked.  Wolf pinned him in 1:41.  Driver’s profile shows he also lost to Cottey 13-4.  It also shows Driver beat 19th ranked Sutton, so he isn’t bad even if he isn’t ranked.

1 minute ago, piscis1956 said:

Wolf wrestled Driver at North Central as mentioned, but it wasn't a beat down like the result appears (though it may have turned out to be one anyways, who knows?). I was on another mat and not paying that much attention, but I know Driver took him down then in an ensuing action (I believe after he got out, though I'm not sure if it was earned or he was released) Wolf put Driver on his back and pinned him (no idea how). He's good for sure and very tough, no doubt about it. Not certain he can beat Cottey, though I'm sure he'll be a tough out. 

I've seen several tough Freshman come into New Castle and a grizzled veteran show them why New Castle is so tough (Allred as a Freshman had to learn this lesson). I've also seen several returning state placers get taken out by some tough Freshman, so I guess it's 6 in one, half dozen in the other.

One thing to mention, Ingalls of Fishers is a 4 coming out of Frankfort with losses only to Driver, Hooper, Frazier, and Anthony. I'm certain that Wolf/Ingalls will be one of the most fun first round matches at that weight and the winner gets rewarded by getting to face a two time state runner-up.

Strength of schedule doesn't matter too much at this point, but Wolf hasn't been tested in a while. It'll be a very interesting quarter bracket for sure.

1 hour ago, Coach Brobst said:

I've seen several tough Freshman come into New Castle and a grizzled veteran show them why New Castle is so tough (Allred as a Freshman had to learn this lesson).

That’s a real statement brother.  Painful lesson.....but a valuable one.  An early cradle and extremely intelligent wrestling of backing up and down blocking, allowed a very strong...physically mature and battle tested Mazero to squeek past 14 yr old Silas by 1 point.

Admittedly....it was one of the best things to happen to Silas.  It initiated an even deeper sense of drive towards strength training, positioning, and becoming a well rounded wrestler.  Not just a dynamic athlete on his feet.  I’m hopeful every wrestler who reads this....whether freshman or upper classmen, fully realizes......wins & losses don’t define you.  Your response does. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.