Mason Parris Weight

He’s bigger than last year, but I doubt he’s close to the 285 limit.  I’m guessing Michigan will be working to put a little more muscle on him by next season to get him a little heavier.  But I’m sure they won’t be bulking him up to the point of impeding the agility/speed advantage he has over most of his weight class.  

30 minutes ago, parris58 said:

Thanks for keeping up on Mason!  He weighed in at 253 lbs.  the other night against Iowa.  Last 3 or 4 weigh-ins been at 255.  Love following and seeing all the Indiana boys doing great in College.  I'm Masons dad, Mark.

Your son is looking awesome. I hope this is his year. 

46 minutes ago, parris58 said:

Thanks for keeping up on Mason!  He weighed in at 253 lbs.  the other night against Iowa.  Last 3 or 4 weigh-ins been at 255.  Love following and seeing all the Indiana boys doing great in College.  I'm Masons dad, Mark.

Great match - aggressive, just got after it, didn't get rattled if he made a mistake. Love the short dump & leg turk. 

20 hours ago, parris58 said:

Mark, hopefully you have a Flo subscription because on FRL this morning they did 10 glowing minutes on your son. They are full converts, using terms like special and different.

1 hour ago, SIACfan said:

Mason has looked awesome all year, but his win over Cassioppi was his most impressive by far, IMO.

Cassioppi has looked dominate himself up to that match, & Mason simply manhandled him.😎

Really looking forward to the likely match up with Gable at the Big10's.

Another indication of Mason's improvement are his matches with Matt Stencel of Central Michigan. Stencel won 2 of 3 matches between them last year,  This year Mason has beaten him 3 straight times.  Stencel hasn't regressed as his only other loss was to Cassioppi and he's ranked #4.  

On 2/10/2020 at 4:37 PM, parris58 said:

Thanks for responding.  What did he weigh last season?

8 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Another indication of Mason's improvement are his matches with Matt Stencel of Central Michigan. Stencel won 2 of 3 matches between them last year,  This year Mason has beaten him 3 straight times.  Stencel hasn't regressed as his only other loss was to Cassioppi and he's ranked #4.  

Stencel is a Bull, he pinned Mason twice last year. The second time was round of 12 to All-American.  Extra size and strength has benefited Mason greatly from last year.

2 minutes ago, parris58 said:

Weighed around 235 lbs. Added some weight but most of all Strength, technique and confidence.  No matter what confidence is the number one thing you've got to have.  Thanks, we sill see CJ in Nebraska this Friday!!! 

My money is on Mason.  CJ's quick and all, but I think Mason will wear him down and get the fall in the 3rd.  😉

• 3 years later...