Ticket Round ?

TeamGarcia

4 minutes ago, Observing said:

Just calling it a match ... you’re pretty much asking for a fire 

It's flagrant misconduct to be smoking at a wrestling event, so if they're on fire that's double extra illegal.  State law.

3 hours ago, PMFAN said:

As someone who knows absolutely nothing about East Central, should I be worried about Blake Wolf? Ik Cottey is number one in the state and should beat anyone he wrestles, but he was not himself vs Glithero. Got caught up in the moment and was not as aggressive as he usually is, so I am kind of worried. 🤕

Wolf is legit, great kid also. Not sure he’s ready to beat Cottey but Cottey will need to be on point. 

32 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Just bringing it up. Just wanted to know how many years that the Eglis has to beat an Avon kid to go. Maybe @1prouddad knows. Just seems to happen every year. Weird! 

It’s not every year, but if memory serves me right Eglis are generally the ones coming up short. 

Potential Death Draws at NCSS! Loaded is an understatement!!!

24 Ranked match ups possible and regardless there will 24 ranked studs not punching their tickets! 

There's also 4 different weights with 3 of the 4 ticket round matches possibly being ranked match ups 😯 113,120,132 and 145

HW #2 IRICK VS #6 Campbell

195 #12 Brooks vs #3 Farrell 

182 #16 Viel vs #13 Sharp

#18 McCloud vs #12 Filipovic

170 #15 Ragle vs #9 Davin 

160 #15 Roth vs #12 Atkins

#14 McClain vs #20 Davis

152 #6 Freije vs #3 Hall

#10 Bates vs #18 Alford

145 #6 Wilkerson vs #1 Viduya

#14 Phillips vs #15 Luhmann

#7 Anderson vs #9 Dunasky 

138 #2 Bailey vs #8 Ross

132   #2 Koontz vs #12 Bryant

#10 Goodwin vs #9 Wilson 

#16 Brown vs #7 Beatty

126  #5 Lowery vs #16 Gonzalez 

120  #13 Perry vs #10 Hughes

#7 White vs #19 Thrine

#14 Simone vs #1 Seltzer

113 #12 Hooper vs #10 Wilburn

#8 Wolf vs #1 Cottey

#4 Anthony vs #11 Carrender

106 #5 Lowery vs #19 Williams

Edited by FCFIGHTER170
Sausage fingers

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Just bringing it up. Just wanted to know how many years that the Eglis has to beat an Avon kid to go. Maybe @1prouddad knows. Just seems to happen every year. Weird! 

1prouddad, had it right, mostly.  The Egli's generally coming up on the short end is off a bit.  The Egli's have never sent an Avon kid packing or beaten an Avon kid at all, at Semi-State.  But I'm thinking you knew that already...

In 2014 & 2015 - Will Egli did not face an Avon wrestler at Semi-State or State
in 2016 Clay did not face an Avon wrestler and lost in the ticket round
In 2017 Some kid named Garcia beat Kane in the semifinal
In 2018 Rioux and Garcia beat Kane and Clay in the ticket round
in 2019 Garcia beat Clay in the Semifinal; Kane finished 3rd and did not face an Avon wrestler

I can't speak for past generations, but the current group of Eglis does not fit your narrative.  

59 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

1prouddad, had it right, mostly.  The Egli's generally coming up on the short end is off a bit.  The Egli's have never sent an Avon kid packing or beaten an Avon kid at all, at Semi-State.  But I'm thinking you knew that already...

In 2014 & 2015 - Will Egli did not face an Avon wrestler at Semi-State or State
in 2016 Clay did not face an Avon wrestler and lost in the ticket round
In 2017 Some kid named Garcia beat Kane in the semifinal
In 2018 Rioux and Garcia beat Kane and Clay in the ticket round
in 2019 Garcia beat Clay in the Semifinal; Kane finished 3rd and did not face an Avon wrestler

I can't speak for past generations, but the current group of Eglis does not fit your narrative.  

That’s what I was hitting at. Couldn’t remember if Will had faced any so that’s why I said generally

28 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

That’s what I was hitting at. Couldn’t remember if Will had faced any so that’s why I said generally

Exactly, you went the conservative route, but were right there.  I couldn't remember any off the top of my head so I had to look.  Me thinks Mr. Brewer may be playing some mind games.  ha ha

6 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Exactly, you went the conservative route, but were right there.  I couldn't remember any off the top of my head so I had to look.  Me thinks Mr. Brewer may be playing some mind games.  ha ha

Not at all. Just an observation. I don’t have a kid in either team or a dog in the fight. Just something that stuck out to me. I was asking about match ups , not wins or losses. But.. I appreciate the insight. Good luck to all wrestlers. 

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Nah, I was at Bingo dealing with the blue hairs so didn’t have time to look it up. Lol

13 hours ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Potential Death Draws at NCSS! Loaded is an understatement!!!

24 Ranked match ups possible and regardless there will 24 ranked studs not punching their tickets! 

There's also 4 different weights with 3 of the 4 ticket round matches possibly being ranked match ups 😯 113,120,132 and 145

HW #2 IRICK VS #6 Campbell

195 #12 Brooks vs #3 Farrell 

182 #16 Viel vs #13 Sharp

#18 McCloud vs #12 Filipovic

170 #15 Ragle vs #9 Davin 

160 #15 Roth vs #12 Atkins

#14 McClain vs #20 Davis

152 #6 Freije vs #3 Hall

#10 Bates vs #18 Alford

145 #6 Wilkerson vs #1 Viduya

#14 Phillips vs #15 Luhmann

#7 Anderson vs #9 Dunasky 

138 #2 Bailey vs #8 Ross

132   #2 Koontz vs #12 Bryant

#10 Goodwin vs #9 Wilson 

#16 Brown vs #7 Beatty

126  #5 Lowery vs #16 Gonzalez 

120  #13 Perry vs #10 Hughes

#7 White vs #19 Thrine

#14 Simone vs #1 Seltzer

113 #12 Hooper vs #10 Wilburn

#8 Wolf vs #1 Cottey

#4 Anthony vs #11 Carrender

106 #5 Lowery vs #19 Williams

Absolutely unreal and brutal, perfect case for SS wrestle backs after 1st round

In New Castles case it’s not so much about needing wrestle backs, it’s just a case of talent overload. So many classes have 6 or 7 guys ranked in the top 16 top 20 that unfortunately as fcfighter pointed out 24 will not be punching their ticket. Wrestle backs would definitely help insure the top 4 go but even with that I’d venture to guess over 20 ranked wrestlers still wouldn’t get out. I would like to see a rotation of semi states every other year.

3 minutes ago, Loki27 said:

In New Castles case it’s not so much about needing wrestle backs, it’s just a case of talent overload. So many classes have 6 or 7 guys ranked in the top 16 top 20 that unfortunately as fcfighter pointed out 24 will not be punching their ticket. Wrestle backs would definitely help insure the top 4 go but even with that I’d venture to guess over 20 ranked wrestlers still wouldn’t get out. I would like to see a rotation of semi states every other year.

So kind of like the rotating regionals concept i posted last week,    you're hypothetically suggesting having different regionals  rotating to different semi states.   I like the Idea.   Maybe you could come with a concept that mitigates travel a little because somebody will complain about that.   But for example maybe like have an every other  year swap.   Like  Have Peru out of FW swap with Pendleton Heights.   Or maybe Logansport swap with North Montgomery.    Maybe get creative.  Just so you're not always seeing the same teams.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.