Evansville Semi-State

Midstate0413

21 minutes ago, chambers said:

In 1996-97 at 171lbs

Semistate 1. Josh Hardy, Princeton; 2. Jared Willimns Evansville Harrison· 3. Geno Roderick Franklin; 4. Mike Schroeder, Evansville Mater Dei;

State  1. Josh Hardy, Princeton; 2. Jared Willimns Evansville Harrison· 3. Geno Roderick Franklin; 4. Mike Schroeder, Evansville Mater Dei;

Chambers I think the 1-2 & 3-4 flipped at state

semi state: Jared, Josh, Mike, Geno

State: Josh, Jared, Geno, Mike

2 hours ago, JoeCoffey said:

Chambers I think the 1-2 & 3-4 flipped at state

semi state: Jared, Josh, Mike, Geno

State: Josh, Jared, Geno, Mike

Yes. I thought I copied and pasted the results of both but I only got one.

Semistate 171lbs 1996-97

1. Jared Williams, Evansville Harrison; 2. Josh Hardy, Pnnceton, 3. Mike Schroeder Evansville Mater Dei; 4. Geno Roderick, Franklin.

State 171lbs 1996-97

1. Josh Hardy, Princeton; 2. Jared Willimns Evansville Harrison· 3. Geno Roderick Franklin; 4. Mike Schroeder, Evansville Mater Dei

Curious about Fuqua. Says he has 4 losses in the bracket, but I only see the one pin by Dickens on Indianamat.  

Anybody know where the other 3 losses came from?  

And what happened in the match vs Dickens before he was pinned?

I believe top 3 at heavyweight in 96-97 at Evansville (then it was Seymour) SemiState were top 3 at State.

Willis of Southport, Bentz of Madison, and Massey of Martinsville. McCain of Pike Central, the 4th place in that semistate, lost in overtime on Friday night the the eventual 4th place at state, so that was a close challenge to that 171 bracket that same year

1 hour ago, graham said:

Curious about Fuqua. Says he has 4 losses in the bracket, but I only see the one pin by Dickens on Indianamat.  

Anybody know where the other 3 losses came from?  

And what happened in the match vs Dickens before he was pinned?

1st Period

4 takedowns by Dickens and let him up 3x for an 8-3 score.
2nd Period
Dickens deferred, Fuqua chose top. Dickens escaped in about 20 seconds.  Takedown, let him up, then a fireman's and dump to his back for the last takedown before the fall.  Score was 13-4.

Fuqua also lost the 3rd/4th Place match to JaCorey Miller of Father Ryan (TN)

Dickens has been really good this year.  His only two losses were both 3-1 to the same guy from Harrison, OH at the Mason OH Invite.  Eli beat Elliott Rodgers that same day 9-3.

Edited by SWINfan

3 hours ago, jpt189 said:

I believe top 3 at heavyweight in 96-97 at Evansville (then it was Seymour) SemiState were top 3 at State.

Willis of Southport, Bentz of Madison, and Massey of Martinsville. McCain of Pike Central, the 4th place in that semistate, lost in overtime on Friday night the the eventual 4th place at state, so that was a close challenge to that 171 bracket that same year

Those HWTS were goooooooooooooodddddd.... like Stupid good..... Whatever happened to those guys. 

28 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Those HWTS were goooooooooooooodddddd.... like Stupid good..... Whatever happened to those guys. 

Well I think one of them just made that comment :) 

McCain went on to be a 2x JUCO all American (3rd, 2nd) at Iowa Central, transferred and wrestled a season at IU, and currently is the head coach at Pike Central. 

Not sure on the other two

17 hours ago, JoeCoffey said:

Long time ago. Maybe 1996-1997, top four finishers at 171 finished top four at state.  I’m sure there was one or two state pacers that didn’t make it to state that year.  1999 145# round to go featured the previous year 135# state champ vs 140# runner up.  

A couple years prior to that in 1993-94, 145 at the FW Snider regional (took three out at the time) finished 1st, 2nd, 4th at state. 

A lot of incidents of loaded weight classes over the years. 

Edited by jetwrestling

13 hours ago, chambers said:

Yes. I thought I copied and pasted the results of both but I only got one.

Semistate 171lbs 1996-97

1. Jared Williams, Evansville Harrison; 2. Josh Hardy, Pnnceton, 3. Mike Schroeder Evansville Mater Dei; 4. Geno Roderick, Franklin.

State 171lbs 1996-97

1. Josh Hardy, Princeton; 2. Jared Willimns Evansville Harrison· 3. Geno Roderick Franklin; 4. Mike Schroeder, Evansville Mater Dei

If I remember correctly Hardy list to Williams all year too.

But that was a long time ago so I could be wrong 

What is everyones predictions on 106 at Evansville?

Obviously Logan Miller (Brownsburg) should run off with the semi state title, but 2-4th place is pretty open and has a few contenders that have a chance to punch their way into State such as: Elijah Brooks (Whiteland), Kyler West (Evansville Memorial), Blake Zirkelbach (North Posey), Coy Hammack (Tell City), Cash Turner (Edgewood). 

4 minutes ago, MerkleKing said:

What is everyones predictions on 106 at Evansville?

Obviously Logan Miller (Brownsburg) should run off with the semi state title, but 2-4th place is pretty open and has a few contenders that have a chance to punch their way into State such as: Elijah Brooks (Whiteland), Kyler West (Evansville Memorial), Blake Zirkelbach (North Posey), Coy Hammack (Tell City), Cash Turner (Edgewood). 

I wish your name was Steve Merkle and every time you posted you said "did I do thaaaat?"

On 2/11/2020 at 6:19 PM, JoeCoffey said:

Long time ago. Maybe 1996-1997, top four finishers at 171 finished top four at state.  I’m sure there was one or two state pacers that didn’t make it to state that year.  1999 145# round to go featured the previous year 135# state champ vs 140# runner up.  

Was that Diekman from Central and McDonald from MD?

Weight class sleepers - 

106 Donnie Feeler

113 Ethan Rhoudebush

120 Colin Knox

126 Nicolas Castelluccio

132 Chase Aldridge/Lane Deckard

138 Jacob Shaver

145 Ethan Nash

152 Scott Fitts

160 Wade Presson

170 Van Skinner

182 Evan Reff

195 Matthew Archer/Cody Matherly

220 Joshua Howell (How did I miss a one loss returning SQ?!?!?!?!)

285 Sam Allen (Helicopter Pad Shoulders)

22 minutes ago, TripleB said:

Weight class sleepers - 

220 Joshua Howell (How did I miss a one loss returning SQ?)

Probably missed him as a sleeper because he would possibly have to meet a returning state placer in the ticket round.

Sleeper .. 160 Deffendohl  from Vincinnes . Dont let his record fool you at 19-6 . He will bring the heat to Asbury of Brownsburgh in the second round . Dickens at 160 is on another planet . At 170 my sleeper is Skinner .

On ‎2‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 11:07 AM, markio said:

Just an FYI, the Ford Center will be going with their standard clear bag policy this year. This is new for Semi-state and will be missed by many that are new to the arena. Pass the word on please. Link to the policy. http://fordcenter.com/splash/

I have convinced them to still allow wrestlers to bring their normal bags and coolers through the team/wrestler check in entrance. All coolers must be left in the hospitality room and not taken out to the stands. 

Any insight on how to get cheaper beer in the suite's? I want to say last year the beer cost over $100 a case.

3 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Any insight on how to get cheaper beer in the suite's? I want to say last year the beer cost over $100 a case.

Share a suite with @backtothemat ...the year I shared one at State with him he wore knee high socks and stuffed a 12 pack in them! I kid of course...it was 20 airline bottles of Evan Williams. 

Actualy $100 which is $4.16 a beer (that BallU degree..education redefined!) ain't bad considering it's $8-10 cup at most events it's sold. 

Remember..if you're paying for a suite and you gotta cheap out on the beer..you shouldn't be in the suite...amirite?? 

1 hour ago, UncleJimmy said:

Share a suite with @backtothemat ...the year I shared one at State with him he wore knee high socks and stuffed a 12 pack in them! I kid of course...it was 20 airline bottles of Evan Williams. 

Actualy $100 which is $4.16 a beer (that BallU degree..education redefined!) ain't bad considering it's $8-10 cup at most events it's sold. 

Remember..if you're paying for a suite and you gotta cheap out on the beer..you shouldn't be in the suite...amirite?? 

I'm not paying for the suite, just a ticket but thanks for your insight uncle jimmy.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.