Semi state brackets

Gasman

6 minutes ago, Indianaboy said:

What are the rules behind the semi-state brackets?

Not exactly sure I know what you're asking but this is how they are formulated...

1st Round 1 vs 4 and 2 vs. 3.  I believe each weight is randomly drawn pairing regionals, so not all are the same.  For example, using the Evansville SS the pairing could be:

Ev. North 1 vs. Mooresville 4 and Bloomington South 2 vs. Jefforsonville 3 with the winners facing off in the ticket round.  In the next weight, it could be:

Mooresville 1 vs. Bloomington South 4 and Jeffersonville 2 vs Ev. North 3, etc

How the formulas are chosen is a secret almost on par with KFC's original recipe.

Did that help or did I miss your intent entirely?

2 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Not exactly sure I know what you're asking but this is how they are formulated...

1st Round 1 vs 4 and 2 vs. 3.  I believe each weight is randomly drawn pairing regionals, so not all are the same.  For example, using the Evansville SS the pairing could be:

Ev. North 1 vs. Mooresville 4 and Bloomington South 2 vs. Jefforsonville 3 with the winners facing off in the ticket round.  In the next weight, it could be:

Mooresville 1 vs. Bloomington South 4 and Jeffersonville 2 vs Ev. North 3, etc

How the formulas are chosen is a secret almost on par with KFC's original recipe.

Did that help or did I miss your intent entirely?

Another part of it is that the 1st and 4th placers from the same regional are on the same side of the bracket (i.e., they could meet in the semi-finals if both win their first 2 matches) and the 2nd and 3rd placers from that regional are on the other side of the bracket.  

3 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

Another part of it is that the 1st and 4th placers from the same regional are on the same side of the bracket (i.e., they could meet in the semi-finals if both win their first 2 matches) and the 2nd and 3rd placers from that regional are on the other side of the bracket.  

Yes

Edited by NW Indiana Wrestling Fan

Toughest Ticket Round Matches at Evansville I noticed at first glance....

106 - Coy Hammack - Blake Zirklebach (have history with each other)
113 - Lane Gilbert - Logan Sutton (Gilbert favored, but Sutton will put up a fight)
120 - Delaney Ruhlman - Chris Newman (assuming Newman beats Bechert)

120 - Don't know enough about Colin Knox, but by records Knox - Sam Scott could be interesting

126 - Ben Dalton - Gavin Alstott (One of these two is sitting out State sporting a 38-2 record - no bueno!)
132 - Kane Egli - Tyler Conley (Egli won 3-2 at Team State)
138 & 145 - Nothing jumps out
152 - Jonathan Kervin - Scott Fitts (both should be State Qualifiers, if not Placers)
160 - Sam Schroeder - John Purdy 
170 - Tristan Ruhlman - Brach Carrington (no idea if Carrington is good enough give Ruhlman a challenge)
182 & 195 - Nothing too exciting here

220 - Several possible interesting ones here... Leighton Jones - Nathan Willman, Josh Howell - Will Stewart & Micah Dodson - Macray Robinson
285 - Hunter Wimpleberg - Jacob Johnson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.