Jump to content

4A Team State Qualification Leaderboard (thru State)


Recommended Posts

Here's the 4A leaderboard through sectional. Remember that these scores in the big school divisions are virtually meaningless at this point because it's mostly a reflection of who has a lot of underclassmen. The number of kids left matters much more than the scores. You'll need nearly 200 points to qualify and a huge chunk of those points won't come until semi-state in this class.

 

image.png.f754db0572f136b7db81bea65eec7310.png

Edited by maligned
Link to post
Share on other sites

4A Leaderboard thru Regional is below. It's taking shape a little bit now, but you can see from the "points available" column (points available this weekend), that numerous teams from down the board can make big jumps still:

 

* = Injury points added in.

 

 

image.png.a7a2ae20b031306bfb6a12e1f890e643.png

Edited by maligned
Link to post
Share on other sites

Updated through Semi-State. In 4A, non-seniors get a point for Top 7, another half for top 5, another half for runner-up, and another half for being champ. Seniors get a point for Top 7 and they're done.

 

Right now, the top 6 here are in automatic bid territory and Carmel, PM, and Avon are in vote-in position for the last two spots, pending a few more added points from state and any new injury information that comes in.

 

image.png.03188a3f7fc3db85a8393ee475f2c42e.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure about the other write in candidates. Avon brings in 2019 middle school placer David Marcum (contenders trained). Multi time middle school placer Luke Rioux (second of 5 brothers). Caden Brewer (Brewer 2.0). And gets back Blaze Garcia (2019 state qualifier and brother of a 3 timer). Add that to a solid team that only graduated three seniors, and that will be a tough team (with a very solid team score at state). Hard to argue to not vote Avon in. 
 

Just saying. 

Edited by Mattyb
Link to post
Share on other sites

Now through State.

Blue = Automatic bids

Green = Vote-in consideration

* = Injury information added in

"Forfeits" = forfeits at sectional

"Return" = Sectional returning starters (plus injury-point individuals)

image.png.48f795743a86a1f42fbc95ce477fec3d.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2020 at 10:21 PM, Mattyb said:

Not sure about the other write in candidates. Avon brings in 2019 middle school placer David Marcum (contenders trained). Multi time middle school placer Luke Rioux (second of 5 brothers). Caden Brewer (Brewer 2.0). And gets back Blaze Garcia (2019 state qualifier and brother of a 3 timer). Add that to a solid team that only graduated three seniors, and that will be a tough team (with a very solid team score at state). Hard to argue to not vote Avon in. 
 

Just saying. 

State runner up and third place coming back. 11 starters coming back is strong also. 
 

Hard to argue against Perry also. 

Edited by Mattyb
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OUBrewer said:

It would be sweet to dual for the final spot in I think.

It would be sweet if there were some sort of duals tournament where everyone was included and this whole process could be fully decided by in-season head-to-head matches. 🙂

 

Seemingly the only solution with our current restrictions: Everybody in the state guards schedule points for two separate Saturdays. Saturday number 1 has regionalized, classed qualification tournaments for Team State. Saturday number two has the Team State finals and regionalized super duals at pre-determined sites for all of the non-qualifiers. 

 

All we have to do is get 300 coaches and 300 ADs on board and have someone organize all the officials and team assignment details necessary to have that many sites going at once two times during the season.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, maligned said:

It would be sweet if there were some sort of duals tournament where everyone was included and this whole process could be fully decided by in-season head-to-head matches. 🙂

 

Seemingly the only solution with our current restrictions: Everybody in the state guards schedule points for two separate Saturdays. Saturday number 1 has regionalized, classed qualification tournaments for Team State. Saturday number two has the Team State finals and regionalized super duals at pre-determined sites for all of the non-qualifiers. 

 

All we have to do is get 300 coaches and 300 ADs on board and have someone organize all the officials and team assignment details necessary to have that many sites going at once two times during the season.

Everyone should just come to state and once you lose you got to go home so we know who is the real champs are!

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Timeinandout said:

Chesterton, Crown Point, Cathedral, and Perry are all at Al Smith.  What are these schools going to do if you qualify?  I believe Al Smith is just two days before team state next year.

I’m guessing they are going to get a bunch of matches in a short period of time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Timeinandout said:

Chesterton, Crown Point, Cathedral, and Perry are all at Al Smith.  What are these schools going to do if you qualify?  I believe Al Smith is just two days before team state next year.

I hope this is not true, because if it is I can see the CP coaches skipping team state.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sig40 said:

I hope this is not true, because if it is I can see the CP coaches skipping team state.

3a teams like Columbus East, Bloomington South, Northridge, and maybe a few others will be in the same situation.  If you skip Al Smith you might not get in the following year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cosgrove said:

Pfff make it after state as how it used to be 

IHSAA insurance ends after state. It would have to be done under another governing body and insurance with every kid agreeing not to go to spring sports when they're expected.

Edited by maligned
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maligned said:

IHSAA insurance ends after state. It would have to be done under another governing body and insurance with every kid agreeing not to go to spring sports when they're expected.

Seems like that's when a iswa card comes in handy ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 6:02 AM, Timeinandout said:

3a teams like Columbus East, Bloomington South, Northridge, and maybe a few others will be in the same situation.  If you skip Al Smith you might not get in the following year.

 

I prefer Al Smith, but I'd really like the team to get an opportunity to wrestle in team state.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Invitations sent out today. So far no declines. That doesn’t mean there won’t be some, but half said yes within 5 hours.

 

This situation happened a few years ago when team state was on a Saturday and then all the holiday tournaments were just three days later.

 

A goal is still to get this to be the following weekend in future years, but the venue (or anything comparable) and officials were not available for January 9.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.