New Idea: Rotating Regionals

1 hour ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

Really??   You might be correct. I always wondered what conservative entity dictated this.  If true,  was that the majority opinion of the state legislature 40 years ago, 20 years ago or now.  

Just for perspective,  Indiana is one of the few states that restricts missing school for high school sports.   I used to live in Ohio and they have a 3 day state tournament.  Kids miss Thursday and Friday. I grew up in Kansas and we had went to two  2 day tournaments and the state tournament was a 2 day tournament.   So we missed 3 days in the season.  I had a son wrestle in Missouri,   multiple two day tournaments including state.

Not sure.  I’m thinking like 20 or 30 years ago if I recall correctly.  But at my age, I suffer from time-compression so that my estimating years is not as easy as it once was.  😀

I believe the state cracked down on how much school kid’s could miss for athletic endeavors.  They thought kids should spend more time in the classroom.  

I think that might have been also when they started building snow days into school calendars.  When I was a kid (a very long time ago), we didn’t make up snow days.  Of course, back then, they didn’t call school off as readily either.  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.