Evansville North Regional

Midstate0413

On 2/5/2020 at 9:50 PM, Blumafia said:

Purdy is not a “Boonville product” don’t flatter yourself!!!😂😂😂

Bottom line is when most kids are laying up in the summer, these guys are wrestling!!! 
There’s the “difference”, there is no “product”!!!

When you get on here bud speak “FACTS” not BS

-Thanks,

Everyone

That generated some strong animosity. He's probably trash talking some 15yr old kid.  💪 😂

This has to be Purdy's dad/relative. He seemed to take that one personal. 

Keyboard Warriors.....meh 😒

On 2/6/2020 at 1:41 PM, PhillyFanMD said:

Can I in some of that action???

Put me down for Fitts-7 for 10K

If you're giving Fulks 7, I'll take Fulks all day...this will be a tight low-scoring match. If anyone scores 7 in this one it will be Fulks. Fitts is a bull, but Fulks is plenty stout himself and a little more athletic than Fitts. If anyone goes to their back in this one it will be Fitts.

1 hour ago, 1prouddad said:

No, was just trying to get ya to follow topic. The question was asked how they have fared THIS YEAR. 

Hence me using the word add ....  it adds perspective/info the reader can use or not.  

Edited by SWINfan

9 hours ago, FortunatlyGreat said:

Definitely with potential matches like 

Deters vs Sollars III 

the 120 Finals with whom ever,

Fitts vs Fulks 

Stewart vs Willman III

West vs Zirkleback 

Definitely worth the price of admission 

Another potential spoiler if I remember the bracket right, Fulks should have Bryant from Gibson Southern before Fitts. Bryant is no slouch and could pull an upset if Fulks looks past him. Fulks will have to use some of the gas tank in that match while Fitts should be on cruise control until the finals. Definitely helps Fitts. Gonna be fun day with some great matches.

106: Zirkelbach, West, Egli, Dunn

113: Ross, Sutton, Fortune, Lupfer

120: Freeman, Scott, newman, Williams

126: Hayhurst, Boyd, Wuerth, Kelley

132: Egli, Heeke, Polen, Whitesell

138: Boarman, Mayes, Lehman, Madden

145: Baumann, Kemper, Martin, Bittner

152: Fitts, Fulks, Bryant, Ramsey

160: Dickens, Purdy, Deffendoll, Farmer

170: Deters, Sollars, Schmidt, Happe

182: Parkinson, Hoover, Moore, Reff

195: Kemper, Rodgers, McGrew, Ritzert

220: Willman, Stewart, Robinson, Ricketts

285: Breivogel, Garrett, Wimpelberg, Combs

MD sending 12 to semi state with 9 Regional Champs

On 2/5/2020 at 2:56 PM, ExCoach123 said:

Boonville has wrestled nobody worth even talking about.  There is no way your serious

Boonville advances 5 to SS

FULKS WINS!!!!!!!

fortune @285 upsets  Breivogel and Garrett to get 3rd.

Not bad for a team that wrestled no one right .

So fellas when you wanna talk wrestling remember ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN in this sport we love.

Good luck to the tri-state boys wrestling next week .

16 minutes ago, moedaddy77 said:

Boonville advances 5 to SS

FULKS WINS!!!!!!!

fortune @285 upsets  Breivogel and Garrett to get 3rd.

Not bad for a team that wrestled no one right .

So fellas when you wanna talk wrestling remember ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN in this sport we love.

Good luck to the tri-state boys wrestling next week .

Glad you are happy.  I find it interesting that the quote you used was a comment that followed a stupid comment about Fulks majoring Fitts.  i know that wasn't your comment.  But no one here said Boonville kids can't wrestle.  Just trying to keep comments in check.  Last year Boonville qualified 6 for SS.  None qualified for State.    Hopefully they will do better.  Fortune's wins were big.  Congrats to him and all of the Pioneer wrestlers.  Best of luck at Semi-State.  Just try not to take it personally if someone doubts the quality of the depth and likelihood of advancing deep in the tournament.  Fulks is a talent.  We all know that and he's ranked accordingly.  But the lack of competition is a reasonable factor when trying to predict whether a wrestler will beat another wrestler who has been battle tested.  It's still about talent, but experience helps when things get tight.

24 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Glad you are happy.  I find it interesting that the quote you used was a comment that followed a stupid comment about Fulks majoring Fitts.  i know that wasn't your comment.  But no one here said Boonville kids can't wrestle.  Just trying to keep comments in check.  Last year Boonville qualified 6 for SS.  None qualified for State.    Hopefully they will do better.  Fortune's wins were big.  Congrats to him and all of the Pioneer wrestlers.  Best of luck at Semi-State.  Just try not to take it personally if someone doubts the quality of the depth and likelihood of advancing deep in the tournament.  Fulks is a talent.  We all know that and he's ranked accordingly.  But the lack of competition is a reasonable factor when trying to predict whether a wrestler will beat another wrestler who has been battle tested.  It's still about talent, but experience helps when things get tight.

Wait, weren’t you the one bashing the Boonville fan base saying they only show up at tourney time. And now want to tell them to not take it personally? 

36 minutes ago, 1prouddad said:

Wait, weren’t you the one bashing the Boonville fan base saying they only show up at tourney time. And now want to tell them to not take it personally? 

I stated they show up at tourney time and make crazy predictions and take it personally when people argue or criticize, which is .  basically the same thing in my last comment.  It's called consistency.  But thank you for taking the time to read my stuff.

1 hour ago, SWINfan said:

But it didn't matter in those 2 guys matches my problem is that you guys wanna all harp on things that are against those kids control.

Plus us boonville fans have had a 4th place at state in our history I will defend those kids as I will defend any other  small school tristate kid that people wanna over look.

I was responding to your 

WHO HAVE THEY FACED  comment 

Semi-State Qualifiers:

Evansville Central - 33

Castle - 23

Mater Dei - 11                               

Mt. Vernon - 6                                 

Boonville - 5                                   

Castle - 5                                  

Memorial - 5                                 

Gibson South - 4                                 

Heritage Hills - 4                                 

North Posey - 4                                 

Central - 3                                 

Reitz - 3                                 

Harrison - 2                                 

S. Spencer - 2                                  

Princeton - 1

Vincennes - 1

On a different note, I guess I don't understand the beef on here with Boonville. Am I missing something? Am I not in the know? I'm just a casual onlooker on here, but it seems when discussing Regionals, people on this site dog Boonville do to their schedule. I mean, I’m a former wrestler and totally agree with the strength of schedule argument. But, I’m also not blind to results and what good coaching and talent can achieve regardless of the strength of ones schedule. I'm sure anyone of us on here could bust out a high school, college, or professional team in any given sport and show teams that are talented and win without having the toughest schedule out there. Now...I don't think Boonville wrestles an extremely tough schedule like some schools do, but I don't think they wrestle a weak schedule either. I'd say they're somewhere in the middle. They haven't had a lot of kids make it to State, but most of the programs in our area, except for Mater Dei, don't make it to State. And the ones who do, usually only send 1, maybe 2-3. I mean, I'm a numbers guy and when I look at the numbers over the last couple of years....I don't get the rub.

Last Years Semi- State Qualifiers:

Mater Dei - 13 

Gibson Southern - 8   

Boonville - 6 

Castle - 5

North Poesy -  5 

Central - 4 

Heritage Hills, Memorial, Mt. Vernon, and Reitz - 3 

Harrison - 2 

South Spencer - 1 

Semi-State Qualifiers Over the Last 2 Years:

Mater Dei - 24

Gibson Southern - 12

Boonville - 11

Castle - 10

Mt. Vernon - 9

North Posey - 9

Central - 7

Heritage Hills - 7

It would seem to me, and I would presume any reasonable onlooker, that over the last couple of years Boonville is a top program in the region, regardless of the strength of their schedule. But by all means...check my numbers and tell me why my perception is faulted. 

I believe everyone's problem with Boonville dates back to the past couple years around this time of year when Sectional, Regional, and Semi-State predictions are being thrown around and there guys weren't being picked and they were getting there feelings hurt over it. It is obvious though to the knowledgeable wrestling fan around our area that Boonville has been one of the better teams in the past couple years as your statistic shows with the number of Semi-State qualifiers.

I went back as far as trackwrestling goes having our Semi-State results (2013 - 2020), and the numbers are...

Castle - 58

Memorial - 34

Mt. Vernon - 32

Gibson Southern - 31

Central - 27

North Posey - 23

Heritage Hills - 21

Boonville - 19

I get it. People get emotional on here. It's an emotional sport. Most likely some moms/dads...and probably some teenage kids just saying stupid things to stoke the flames and get old men riled up. Anyhow, I think all those teams in that list are solid programs who have had there ups and downs over the years...but what program hasn't. Strength of schedule is an important factor, but so is the fight and training of the individual athlete. 

Good numbers SWSpectator! That looks about how I think we would all envision it over the years. 

7 hours ago, IndianaGrappler said:

Semi-State Qualifiers:

Evansville Central - 33

Castle - 23

Mater Dei - 11                               

Mt. Vernon - 6                                 

Boonville - 5                                   

Castle - 5                                  

Memorial - 5                                 

Gibson South - 4                                 

Heritage Hills - 4                                 

North Posey - 4                                 

Central - 3                                 

Reitz - 3                                 

Harrison - 2                                 

S. Spencer - 2                                  

Princeton - 1

Vincennes - 1

On a different note, I guess I don't understand the beef on here with Boonville. Am I missing something? Am I not in the know? I'm just a casual onlooker on here, but it seems when discussing Regionals, people on this site dog Boonville do to their schedule. I mean, I’m a former wrestler and totally agree with the strength of schedule argument. But, I’m also not blind to results and what good coaching and talent can achieve regardless of the strength of ones schedule. I'm sure anyone of us on here could bust out a high school, college, or professional team in any given sport and show teams that are talented and win without having the toughest schedule out there. Now...I don't think Boonville wrestles an extremely tough schedule like some schools do, but I don't think they wrestle a weak schedule either. I'd say they're somewhere in the middle. They haven't had a lot of kids make it to State, but most of the programs in our area, except for Mater Dei, don't make it to State. And the ones who do, usually only send 1, maybe 2-3. I mean, I'm a numbers guy and when I look at the numbers over the last couple of years....I don't get the rub.

Last Years Semi- State Qualifiers:

Mater Dei - 13 

Gibson Southern - 8   

Boonville - 6 

Castle - 5

North Poesy -  5 

Central - 4 

Heritage Hills, Memorial, Mt. Vernon, and Reitz - 3 

Harrison - 2 

South Spencer - 1 

Semi-State Qualifiers Over the Last 2 Years:

Mater Dei - 24

Gibson Southern - 12

Boonville - 11

Castle - 10

Mt. Vernon - 9

North Posey - 9

Central - 7

Heritage Hills - 7

It would seem to me, and I would presume any reasonable onlooker, that over the last couple of years Boonville is a top program in the region, regardless of the strength of their schedule. But by all means...check my numbers and tell me why my perception is faulted. 

While I appreciate The data and logic, I think you overlooking the simple fact that people tend to dislike Boonville.  

I get it.  How long are they going to ride the “young Abe Lincoln studied the law here” train?

It’s exhausting.

Pioneer this.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.