Evansville North Regional

Midstate0413

7 hours ago, SWSpectator said:

While I agree 110% about the whole Boonville topic, I also believe Fulks could be the exception to this. He seems like one that could prove us wrong and punch his ticket this year. I don't believe he will major Fitts, I believe Fitts will win this match up, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Fulks win.

I don't doubt Fulks is a great wrestler and I am not rooting against anyone.  I could see him beating Fitts, but I can't see it being a major.  I think Fitts will win a close one. 

I just find some of the comments from Boonville fans who pop up and make crazy predictions and then disappear.  How about joining in on discussions all year long?  How about maybe understanding how tough the competition is state-wide and understanding that a solid wrestler with a nice record and a lot level of competition, most of the time won't go deep in the state series.  Root for your wrestlers.  But to show up and speak out without realistic expectations is tiresome.

On 2/5/2020 at 12:45 PM, Wrestlinglover6969 said:

I think Fulks will major Fitts

This is a joke from a high school boy. Everyone knows this is not going to be the outcome. It will be a close fun match to watch. Cant wait, good luck to both boys!

18 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I know Willman and Stewart @220 have split this year, but what about Robinson and Stewart? How close have those matches been?

Stewart is 2-0 vs Robinson so far this year.  At the PAC duals, Stewart beat Robinson 6-4 in OT.  Stewart beat Robinson 6-2 at the PAC Tournament a couple of weeks back.  Normally these are tight matches right until the end so I'd expect more of the same Saturday but hopefully Robinson can come out on top this time.  Should be a great match to watch.

Edited by tonyb71

38 minutes ago, tonyb71 said:

Stewart is 2-0 vs Robinson so far this year.  At the PAC duals, Stewart beat Robinson 6-4 in OT.  Stewart beat Robinson 6-2 at the PAC Tournament a couple of weeks back.  Normally these are tight matches right until the end so I'd expect more of the same Saturday but hopefully Robinson can come out on top this time.  Should be a great match to watch.

Add an 8-6 SV1 win in the Regional Final for Stewart last year

If Sollars beats Deters then that could possibly set up a Deters vs Ruhlman match in semi state ticket round,

if Sollars loses, then it’s a rematch of Sollars vs Ruhlman or Deters again..

which last year Sollars beat Ruhlman 8-4 in ticket round 

this year Sollars beat Ruhlman 1-0 at Castle 6 way.

3 of the top 170s in that State and one of them is going home At Semi State.

Scary to think Sollars as a Sophmore kid only lost by a point to Slvika last year. 

14 minutes ago, ShawSki said:

If Sollars beats Deters then that could possibly set up a Deters vs Ruhlman match in semi state ticket round,

if Sollars loses, then it’s a rematch of Sollars vs Ruhlman or Deters again..

which last year Sollars beat Ruhlman 8-4 in ticket round 

this year Sollars beat Ruhlman 1-0 at Castle 6 way.

3 of the top 170s in that State and one of them is going home At Semi State.

Scary to think Sollars as a Sophmore kid only lost by a point to Slvika last year. 

To clarify, the ticket round match depends on the draw correct?  I'd love to see all three get to the semifinal because I believe all could easily place at State.

To quote an old boxing saying "Styles make fights" I think that applies here.  Sollars has beaten Ruhlman 2 of 3 times and the last two, including in the Ticket Round last year.  Ruhlman beat Deters this year and Deters has beaten Sollars 3 times, twice this year.  

Can Sollars break through against Deters?  If not, can Deters solve Ruhlman?

Edited by SWINfan

4 minutes ago, Aggressor said:

I was there and didn’t see him win that match

Ask Castle Superfan, Backtothemat. Sollars locked up a cradle and put Deters on his back for 3 seconds before he got out of it and no points were awarded.  Either you’re blind too or don’t know ***potty mouth*** about wrestling if you didn’t see it or understand it.  Everyone else saw it. 

Edited by IU89

1 hour ago, backtothemat said:

I’ll just say this: I would go to The Evv North Regional just to watch Deters vs. Sollars III.

Definitely with potential matches like 

Deters vs Sollars III 

the 120 Finals with whom ever,

Fitts vs Fulks 

Stewart vs Willman III

West vs Zirkleback 

Definitely worth the price of admission 

Edited by FortunatlyGreat

34 minutes ago, PhillyFanMD said:

Whatever happens Hayhurst will have to face either Rioux, Dalton, Alsott, or Montgomery in the ticket round

Most likely yes, but not guaranteed. Rioux, Dalton, and Montgomery should go 1, 2, 3 in any order at the Mooresville Regional. Alstott wins the Bloomington South Regional. If Hayhurst can draw the #4 from Mooresville then he would avoid Rioux, Dalton, or Montgomery.

But, either Hayhurst or Alstott will draw into one of those top 3 from Mooresville. Brutal ticket round match!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.