Evansville North Regional

Midstate0413

1 hour ago, SWSpectator said:

Farmer is not a 1 seed. Farmer was a runner-up last weekend to Purdy. I know he is on top of the bracket so I can see where you might think he is the 1 seed.

I noticed the brackets are weird, with the 1 seed at the top in some brackets and on the 4th line in others.

SWS , Yes your correct from my picks. I overlooked Mt Vernon. Watched them @ Edgewood back in November and 

they Impressed me.

Also let me in on the Fulks vs Fitts BET. MD , JMO is Ridiculous !  Now it is your Opinion. Good Luck

Just hope the SOS issues come back up!!!!                   Thanks BT19

This match will be very close. I don't see anyone getting majored, in fact I think it will be fairly low scoring. Something like 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Fulks can bring some offense, but Fitts doesn't give up points. Should be a great one.

Biggest question is how will Fitts respond if he's down late in the match?

Edited by Spectater

18 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

Yes. Yes they did. And that’s with a Boonville transfer to Castle in Logan Sutton plus Purdy who I am not sure but thought wrestled out of Boonville as a youth. But, I’m sure glad they’re both at Castle!

That was the first tournament of the season. Congrats to Boonville on their big win! Castle came out on top at Sectionals. Good luck to all!!

51 minutes ago, Spectater said:

This match will be very close. I don't see anyone getting majored, in fact I think it will be fairly low scoring. Something like 2-1, 3-2, 4-3. Fulks can bring some offense, but Fitts doesn't give up points. Should be a great one.

Biggest question is how will Fitts respond if he's down late in the match?

Fitts is very dominant on top.  If he gets 1st points of match by takedown, it will be a long road for fulks.  Do they have any common opponents? The bad thing is loser of this match might not make it out of semi state.  Same goes for 170 as well.

31 minutes ago, backtothemat said:

Yes. Yes they did. And that’s with a Boonville transfer to Castle in Logan Sutton plus Purdy who I am not sure but thought wrestled out of Boonville as a youth. But, I’m sure glad they’re both at Castle!

Yeah they are both boonville products but Purdy went before Sutton 

20 minutes ago, FortunatlyGreat said:

Boonville product is a bit of a stretch on Purdy. He wrestled the youth travel league 3 years(?). He wrestled for Castle all 3 middle school years. He’s been at MCWC since he was 5/6, I’d say he’s a product of Maurer and Coughlin.  

Edited by Indianaboy

6 minutes ago, Indianaboy said:

Boonville product is a bit of a stretch on Purdy. He wrestled the youth travel league 3 years(?). He wrestled for Castle all 3 middle school years. He’s been at MCWC since he was 5/6, I’d say he’s a product of Maurer and Coughlin.  

I agree, What I should have said was  originaly a Boonville athlete 

Purdy was a stud and multi-state champ before Castle or MCWC. I don't think MCWC wasn't around yet when he was 5/6. MCWC helped him get to another level. A lot of MCWC kids will be at the top, or near the top, of the podium this Saturday in Evansville including Fitts/Fulks. Fantastic program.

3 hours ago, FortunatlyGreat said:

Purdy is not a “Boonville product” don’t flatter yourself!!!😂😂😂

Bottom line is when most kids are laying up in the summer, these guys are wrestling!!! 
There’s the “difference”, there is no “product”!!!

When you get on here bud speak “FACTS” not BS

-Thanks,

Everyone

2 hours ago, Jayruss said:

Boy o boy. I love the banter and the talk, lets circle back after Regionals!

Don't you remember last year?  This is the time Boonville moms and dads appear here, make bold predictions, get offended when others pick their wrestlers to lose, etc.  After this weekend, they'll start to fade and after SS you won't hear from them again until next year around this time. Wash, rinse, repeat.  

4 hours ago, Blumafia said:

Bottom line is when most kids are laying up in the summer, these guys are wrestling!!! 

-Thanks,

Everyone

I believe what he meant by “product” was where they wrestled all the years as a youth. There’s been several that were a “product” of a youth program to only transfer when thy hit the HS level 

examples: listed first is the youth, then HS

Eli Dickens- North then EMD

KT-Harrison then BB(now gone)

Casebolt-Tell City then Castle

Willis- lost track of all their teams

just A few off top of my head. 

5 hours ago, SWINfan said:

Don't you remember last year?  This is the time Boonville moms and dads appear here, make bold predictions, get offended when others pick their wrestlers to lose, etc.  After this weekend, they'll start to fade and after SS you won't hear from them again until next year around this time. Wash, rinse, repeat.  

While I agree 110% about the whole Boonville topic, I also believe Fulks could be the exception to this. He seems like one that could prove us wrong and punch his ticket this year. I don't believe he will major Fitts, I believe Fitts will win this match up, but it wouldn't surprise me to see Fulks win.

8 hours ago, Blumafia said:

-Thanks,

Everyone

Anyone who has ever been around John and has witnessed his dedication, work ethic, and class would agree that first and foremost he is the "product" of a great and supportive family.  He has made good choices by surrounding himself with great folks that can help him (none better than MCWC) but that's what successful people do.

21 hours ago, ExCoach123 said:

Boonville has wrestled nobody worth even talking about.  There is no way your serious

Why does that matter all that kid has done us win .

The scheduling issue is not his fault all he can do is wrestle who's in front of him but he did pin his way to a sectional championship .

Plus I pretty sure faulks has wrestled all yea rround .

Now he won't tech fitts but he has the tools to definitely be the regional champ .

These kids don't make the schedule either but they did wrestled most all the teams in southern Indiana except M.D.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.