Team State Qualification Procedures 2020 and links to FAQs

maligned

Here are the Team State Qualification Procedures for 2020. Included are of course the small changes to scoring in the new 3A and 4A classes and a description of how classification will be done going forward. Links to Frequently Asked Questions and their answers by topic are in my next comment as well.

Good luck in the qualification race!!

IHSWCA Team State Duals Qualification Procedures 2020.pdf

Edited by maligned

Links to Frequently Asked Questions are below. Almost all questions we receive every year can be answered in the procedures document itself or here:

General Qualification and Scoring Process:

Team Classification:

Controlling for Sectional and Regional Difficulty:

Injuries and "Those scores don't seem fair" situations:

57 minutes ago, brickfor6 said:

@maligned Just curious on when we will get scores through sectionals or are we just waiting until after Regionals? 

They are still being compiled. Going through every single sectional, team, and wrestler takes quite a bit of time. On top of trying to do it while having jobs.

6 hours ago, brickfor6 said:

I understand, I was just wondering when the ETA was? I get that it takes time.

Hopefully tomorrow. It's always way slower sectional week than the rest. We've got 4200 kids or forfeits to track and classification of teams to finalize before we can put out scores. The next few weeks will be much faster.

An updated version of the PDF was just uploaded with a minor phrasing adjustment for clarity in rule IIb.B.

Also...DON'T FORGET TO SEND IN YOUR REPORTS ON INJURED SOPHOMORES OR JUNIORS who didn't wrestle sectional and who advanced last year to at least regional (1A) or semi-state (2A-4A).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.