3rd Mckinley (Techumseh)

4th Murray McFarland (Ev.Harrison)

195-

1st Rodgers (Heritage Hills)

2nd Bell (Boonville)

3rd Burrell (Castle)

4th romero (South Spencer)

220-

1st and 2nd will be Stewart (South Spencer) and Heuring (Boonville), I can't decide

3rd Palmarchuk (Castle)

4th Farmer (Ev.Memorial)

285-

1st Fortune (Boonville)

2nd Garrett (Ev.Harrison)

3rd Inzerello (Castle)

4th Combs (Ev.Memorial)

The Team Race will be a fun one! 

The team score will not be close this time. 
132 Heeke & Baughn 

145 You can’t count Schwindel out. 
152 Ramsey has beat Dollison 2x

195 Rodgers and Burrel

220 Stewart will coast through even with Palmarchuk and Farmer wrestling well. 
It won’t be close for whoever is in the finals w Stewart. If he puts on together a good weekend at the Bank he’ll be a 220 State placer!!

285 Garrett and Combs will go again this weekend. Garrett is athletic for a big kid, and strong as a bull. 

Records don’t mean a thing starting Saturday...what does matter is strength of schedule at that point. 
If you have a 34-1 record, but haven’t wrestled anyone then that record is worth the paper it’s printed on. 
Just my 2 cents. 

Edited by Blumafia

4 hours ago, Blumafia said:

132 Heeke & Baughn 

195 Rodgers and Burrel

It won’t be close for whoever is in the finals w Stewart. If he puts on together a good weekend at the Bank he’ll be a 220 State placer!!

285 Garrett and Combs will go again this weekend. Garrett is athletic for a big kid, and strong as a bull. 

Records don’t mean a thing starting Saturday...what does matter is strength of schedule at that point. 
If you have a 34-1 record, but haven’t wrestled anyone then that record is worth the paper it’s printed on. 
Just my 2 cents. 

And Dollison just beat Ramsey at SIAC 8-2

5 hours ago, Blumafia said:

132 Heeke & Baughn 

195 Rodgers and Burrel

Just my 2 cents. 

your 2 cents has been around since the first state meet.  However, it's still holds true.

9 hours ago, Blumafia said:

132 Heeke & Baughn 

195 Rodgers and Burrel

Just my 2 cents. 

If the team score will not be close this time who do you say wins? I think the top three teams in order will be Boonville, Castle, and Evansville  Memorial.

You may have a better chance of a championship with tougher competition but it in NO WAY guarantees you will be better then a smaller school wrestler who hasn't .

All you need it CONFIDENCE AND TECHNIQUE... That my friends it what WINS and that's just a FACT of wrestling plain and simple.

So instead of putting down or giving a negative view it  kids that have been perfect to this point show them the respect they deserve for being PERFECT.....

Strength of schedule has some factor, but not the main factor. 

My next to last year I coached at Washington, we wrestled a schedule that included cathedral, warren central, Avon, center Grove, Columbus east, reitz, jasper, heritage hills, and Gibson southern, and mt Vernon.

all those teams that year were either state ranked or participated in team state. I had 5 wrestlers in my lineup that had losing records heading into sectional. None of those kids advanced to regional, losing to kids from teams that most definitely didn’t have a better schedule than us. Sometimes a kid from a “lesser” team that’s 30-1 will just beat a kid that 20–15 that wrestled the tougher schedule. It happens. 

In order to become a good wrestler you have to wrestle good  comp. Wrestling soft teams and wrestlers does not make a wrestler or team better.  Hard comp and hard training is key to success. TO BE THE  BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.  PRACTICING WITH YOUR SISTER WILL NOT HELP GET IT. NUFF SAID.

2 hours ago, jpt189 said:

Strength of schedule has some factor, but not the main factor. 

My next to last year I coached at Washington, we wrestled a schedule that included cathedral, warren central, Avon, center Grove, Columbus east, reitz, jasper, heritage hills, and Gibson southern, and mt Vernon.

all those teams that year were either state ranked or participated in team state. I had 5 wrestlers in my lineup that had losing records heading into sectional. None of those kids advanced to regional, losing to kids from teams that most definitely didn’t have a better schedule than us. Sometimes a kid from a “lesser” team that’s 30-1 will just beat a kid that 20–15 that wrestled the tougher schedule. It happens. 

Are you saying you think your wrestlers would have had a better chance had they wrestled an easier schedule?

No, I’m referring back to a post to where someone said a person who wrestles a lesser schedule with a 34-1 record- they were saying if it wasn’t a strong schedule then the 34-1 record is only worth the paper it was written on.

my point was I had kids that had losing records wrestling a tougher schedule than some kids that had winning record in a not so tough schedule. And when they would wrestle said wrestlers with the much better records. 

The person who I was referring to said strength of schedule matter now, not what your record is.  I was simply saying that’s not always the case.

22 hours ago, md66 said:

In order to become a good wrestler you have to wrestle good  comp. Wrestling soft teams and wrestlers does not make a wrestler or team better.  Hard comp and hard training is key to success. TO BE THE  BEST YOU HAVE TO BEAT THE BEST.  PRACTICING WITH YOUR SISTER WILL NOT HELP GET IT. NUFF SAID.

Nope!! My man said “confidence and technique” that’s all. Just those 2 things!!! All these years I’ve been told wrong. 

37 minutes ago, FortunatlyGreat said:

The team race was a close thrill ride!

The team race was tight. 
All in all 5 Champs for Castle!!

Schwindel- like I said you can’t count him out. He pins in the finals!!

Ramsey never got a chance to see Dollison!!
Burrell had Rodgers pinned for a good while...FLAT with no call. (A lot of those today sadly)

Nobody scored on W. Stewart today, not even in the finals!!

Reff with an 8-2 lead, pins B. Moore in the 2nd!!

Harrison’s Garrett...kid isn’t your normal heavyweight!!!
I figured the team score would be a 20+ point gap

It was 11.5

Every team wrestled well. 

15 hours ago, Blumafia said:

The team race was tight. 
All in all 5 Champs for Castle!!

Schwindel- like I said you can’t count him out. He pins in the finals!!

Ramsey never got a chance to see Dollison!!
Burrell had Rodgers pinned for a good while...FLAT with no call. (A lot of those today sadly)

Nobody scored on W. Stewart today, not even in the finals!!

Reff with an 8-2 lead, pins B. Moore in the 2nd!!

Harrison’s Garrett...kid isn’t your normal heavyweight!!!
I figured the team score would be a 20+ point gap

It was 11.5

Every team wrestled well. 

I was present for this match, Rodgers never “got pinned” nor was ever “flat”.. I even pulled HUDL to rewatch before I commented this because, I’d hate to write something incorrect over a HS athlete. Easy to make excuses when one of your kids didn’t make it, it’s okay. Assuming you’re from Newburgh- Dr. Gilles is a great eye doctor if you’re interested in getting them checked if you truly have an issue. If not, keep supporting your kids.. but making things up doesn’t help the athlete look better what so ever, to each their own though. 

And I’m positive they have a few optometrists in Santa Claus Sleigh Christmas town, take advantage. 

Cool down bud. 
If you were sitting on the South side, rather than the North side of the gym (prob eating leftover Christmas cookies and singing carols) you would’ve seen it. 
When you’re writing out that Christmas list later this year up there in “Tinsel Town“, ask for some glasses. 
Calm down, deep breath!!

28 minutes ago, Blumafia said:

And I’m positive they have a few optometrists in Santa Claus Sleigh Christmas town, take advantage. 

Cool down bud. 
If you were sitting on the South side, rather than the North side of the gym (prob eating leftover Christmas cookies and singing carols) you would’ve seen it. 
When you’re writing out that Christmas list later this year up there in “Tinsel Town“, ask for some glasses. 
Calm down, deep breath!!

I mean, did you watch your HUDL? Let’s trade video, I’ll watch your film. Clearly yours has some photoshop technique? I’ll let the big man know you need some readers, assuming you need them pops. I happened to see him this morning- looks like your coach made the “naughty” list. What was up with him & the Tecumseh coach screaming at each other? Reminded me of the ever popular American Chopper meme going around... “You can’t tell me what to do!” “Yes I can!” “No you can’t!” Looked classy the say the least. Maybe why you can’t fill a full team? I don’t know, I’m sure the big man AKA St. Nick does though. I’ll let him know you need some extra cookies this year since you’re being a keyboard warrior lying to make your kid look better than what he is. Oh- and that you’re in denial for needing an eye exam, getting older is rough. 

11 hours ago, Takeyoudown said:

I mean, did you watch your HUDL? Let’s trade video, I’ll watch your film. Clearly yours has some photoshop technique? I’ll let the big man know you need some readers, assuming you need them pops. I happened to see him this morning- looks like your coach made the “naughty” list. What was up with him & the Tecumseh coach screaming at each other? Reminded me of the ever popular American Chopper meme going around... “You can’t tell me what to do!” “Yes I can!” “No you can’t!” Looked classy the say the least. Maybe why you can’t fill a full team? I don’t know, I’m sure the big man AKA St. Nick does though. I’ll let him know you need some extra cookies this year since you’re being a keyboard warrior lying to make your kid look better than what he is. Oh- and that you’re in denial for needing an eye exam, getting older is rough. 

Slow down and pump the brakes, Jesus!!!😂

Edited by Blumafia

4 hours ago, 1prouddad said:

Not sure calling out for HIM will help you out of this debacle now. Maybe should’ve Prayed first. Just a suggestion. 

I call it how I see it, I’m sorry if that “offends” you! 
I don’t have a dog in the fight, Burrell had him stuck, and that’s what I saw. Period!!!

Burrell is not my kid, and no I don’t live in Newburgh!!!

Bunch of Computer tough guys on here. Ha 

If you can read the 2nd post on this thread you will see my original post!!!

Not too far off!!!

This is HS wrestling, no one is signing a  LOI today....calm down!!

Side note: I won’t be needing Jesus’ help in this deal, I assure you of that!!

Have a good day fellas, learn the sport for us all please!!!

On 2/1/2020 at 4:50 PM, Blumafia said:

Nope!! My man said “confidence and technique” that’s all. Just those 2 things!!! All these years I’ve been told wrong. 

So how does someone beat someone who has perfect technique.

Just an example castle had a kid who was something like 12-16 on the season he was being dominated roughly 13-3 when he sticjs the kid for the pin .

So either he had good technique or the other guy had a lapse in his.

Can anyone give any info on what happened in the 120 lb final?  i see Keegan Williams injury defaulted.

1. what was the score and who was ahead?

2.  How was the match in general? one sided? competitive?

3. Any insight on the injury and if it may affect him this weekend at the Regional

SWINfan score between Williams and Scott was 2-2. It was a very competitive match while it lasted! Williams had a good shot in what appeared to be a take down but wasn't called in which the Memorial coach did argue as both wrestlers were half in and half out, but, good scramble in the first period by both kids, Williams chose down to start the 2nd got the escape, Scott got a TD and Williams got another escape and then they hit heads and it was over. He's been cleared to wrestle next week! It will be a tough 120# bracket next week!

On 2/3/2020 at 3:10 PM, jwilly said:

SWINfan score between Williams and Scott was 2-2. It was a very competitive match while it lasted! Williams had a good shot in what appeared to be a take down but wasn't called in which the Memorial coach did argue as both wrestlers were half in and half out, but, good scramble in the first period by both kids, Williams chose down to start the 2nd got the escape, Scott got a TD and Williams got another escape and then they hit heads and it was over. He's been cleared to wrestle next week! It will be a tough 120# bracket next week!

Thanks for the info.  Hope he's at full strength this weekend.  120 may be the deepest weight class at that Regional

Were you there?  Is there more info that hasn't been shared?  I ask because neither of the previous posts mentioned he lost consciousness.

Edited by Y2CJ41

3 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

Thanks for the info.  Hope he's at full strength this weekend.  120 may be the deepest weight class at that Regional

Were you there?  Is there more info that hasn't been shared?  I ask because neither of the previous posts mentioned he lost consciousness.

He did lose consciousness. Once he came to it was clear he wasn’t in agreement with the trainers decision that he couldn’t proceed with the match. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.