Tough sectional brackets

21 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Fewest wins and worst record are two different things.  I remember someone around 2000 went into sectionals with 1-0 record (I.e., varsity record) and was a state qualifier.  And of course we know about Nick Lee’s 3-0 record.  It would be interested to know who had most losses and worst percentage though.

Are you thinking of Dan Schwartz from South Adams? He ended up placing 4th that year

5 hours ago, slice60 said:

113 at Southport may qualify as the most unusual bracket. 10 team field.

#1 seed Cottey (Perry) 27-0 State ranked 1 

#2 seed Glithero (Roncalli) 21-4 State ranked 15

#3 seed 0-15 freshman

#4 seed 0-12 freshman

6 Forfeits

Somebody's gonna get their hand raised for the 1st time in the 3rd place match. And maybe one of them can pull off a shocker in the Regional & punch their ticket to Semi-State with just 1 win.

That’d be something alright.

Any dark horse potential upsets out there?

18 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

Fewest wins and worst record are two different things.  I remember someone around 2000 went into sectionals with 1-0 record (I.e., varsity record) and was a state qualifier.  And of course we know about Nick Lee’s 3-0 record.  It would be interested to know who had most losses and worst percentage though.

2009 - Anthony Quiroz -152lbs took second at state with a record of 37-12,  75.5% winning percentage. I don’t know if that’s the worst. Must have been a heck of a run for him though. 

2 hours ago, 4U2NV said:

2009 - Anthony Quiroz -152lbs took second at state with a record of 37-12,  75.5% winning percentage. I don’t know if that’s the worst. Must have been a heck of a run for him though. 

I believe that 6 of those losses that he had were to Conference (dual and tournament), Sectional, Regional, Semi-State, State foe Sean McMurray of Portage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.