Article: 4th Annual Indiana Frosh-Soph State Wrestling Championships

Y2CJ41

This tournament is for ALL Freshman and Sophomores who DID NOT PLACE in the IHSAA State Championships. This includes wrestlers who competed at Varsity, Junior Varsity and Freshman levels during the High School season.

Qualifiers

February 16, 2020
Doors Open 8:00 a.m. CST Proceed directly to Scales for Weigh-In’s
Weigh-In’s CLOSE at 9:30 CST. Singlet and shoes (4 pound total allowance)
Weight Class changes will be permitted with no fee.
Wrestling begins at 10:00 a.m. CST

North at Portage High School
South at Mater Dei High School

Cost: $27.50(pay online)

February 23rd
Central at Indy Nationals

Cost: $45(pay online)

Finals

February 29-March 1st

Finals at Southport High School

Cost: $25(pay at the door)

Information

Informational Page

Contact Information
Mark Durham
markdurham@mac.com

Automatic Frosh-Soph State Qualifiers: Any Indiana Freshman or Sophomore wrestler who qualifies for an IHSAA Semi-State is automatically qualified for Frosh-Soph State and will be imported into the State Final Tournament. They are not permitted in the North or South Qualifiers.

View full article

• Y2CJ41 pinned this topic

There is a Girls Division this year ... there will be 3 qualifiers just like the Frosh-Soph Boys Tourney.   At the Central Qualifier (Part of Indy Nationals the Sunday after IHSAA State), they have an entirely separate division with the same fee as the two other Qualifiers.   All Frosh-Soph Girls in Indiana are welcome to enter the Qualifiers.     I set the qualifiers at 5 per weight class, but if the turnout is larger than expected this number can be amended.  

Mark Durham

5 hours ago, QuinnHarris said:

I am trying to get some of my kids registered for the Indy Nationals qualifier but Ben Davis is not a team option and neither is our club any ideas on how to get this fixed?

Try again!  It should be added for Indy Nationals.

All 262 Freshman and Sophomores who qualified for the IHSAA Semi-States have been imported into the Indiana Frosh-Soph State Tourney.   Good luck to all at the next level.   As a reminder, these 262 wrestlers, having already qualified with a 3 Seed are not permitted in the North and South Qualifiers next Sunday.   They will be permitted into the Indy Nationals event, but their participation and placement there will not count against any person trying to qualify for Frosh-Soph State.  

If you login to the event you will able to see the list.   You can sort by any column.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=492453132

Edited by redcobra

On 2/9/2020 at 6:04 PM, redcobra said:

All 262 Freshman and Sophomores who qualified for the IHSAA Semi-States have been imported into the Indiana Frosh-Soph State Tourney.   Good luck to all at the next level.   As a reminder, these 262 wrestlers, having already qualified with a 3 Seed are not permitted in the North and South Qualifiers next Sunday.   They will be permitted into the Indy Nationals event, but their participation and placement there will not count against any person trying to qualify for Frosh-Soph State.  

If you login to the event you will able to see the list.   You can sort by any column.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/opentournaments/VerifyPassword.jsp?tournamentId=492453132

Max weight 110?

When will the page be updated?

No preregistration only at the door?

Screenshot_20200215-213915_Samsung Internet.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The Frosh-Soph State Qualifiers list has been updated ... IHSAA State Placers have been removed ... congratulations to all of them for a fantastic season!  We hope they come and support their teammates.  

Details by weight class are at this location:

Click on Divisions.

11 hours ago, redcobra said:

The Frosh-Soph State Qualifiers list has been updated ... IHSAA State Placers have been removed ... congratulations to all of them for a fantastic season!  We hope they come and support their teammates.  

Details by weight class are at this location:

Click on Divisions.

I would double check some weights. I noticed Logan Miller is still listed at 106. 

Yes.   Singlet and Shoes with a 4 pound allowance.   Any weight class changes (up or down) will be made at the scales with no fee, with seeding criteria unchanged.   Upon completion of the weight class at the end of the day Saturday we have weigh-outs and an additional allowance of +2.   We expect everyone to make weight as they have in the prior 3 years.   If so, no weigh-in’s on Sunday.  

Saturday morning it’s Pay-at-the-Door, $25, and proceed directly to the Fieldhouse Floor for skin checks and weigh-ins. 

On ‎1‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 2:06 PM, AJ said:

How much is the registration fee?  I could not find it on the sheet?

Thanks

Hey AJ I couldn't figure out how to send you a direct message, can you please call me Jason Miller 219-730-9489.  thanks

Should probably consider hosting this at a different venue in the future or allowing less of the lighter weights in. Heavier weights are sitting 3 hours plus between matches. Hard to follow mat schedule when there is poor service in the gym and the school doesn’t turn on the WiFi. 

3 hours ago, Ozz said:

Should probably consider hosting this at a different venue in the future or allowing less of the lighter weights in. Heavier weights are sitting 3 hours plus between matches. Hard to follow mat schedule when there is poor service in the gym and the school doesn’t turn on the WiFi. 

You mean you didn’t like having to constantly run downstairs and stand halfway outside to get a signal for Track to load?  Parking was horrible too.  My son wrestled 3 times before some of his heavier teammates had their first match.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.