Elijah Anthony,

Blake Wolf,

Ray Rioux (in State),

Ben Dalton,

Gavin Alstott (in State)

That one kid from Crown Point has a loss 

7 hours ago, SWINfan said:

And (In-State) doesn't count.  You're undefeated or not undefeated

Well if that’s the case than whether you’re undefeated or not doesn’t really mean anything considering the variance in competition. 

You can’t compare a wrestler who seeks out top level national competition with one who has only wrestled in their back yard. 

30 minutes ago, graham said:

Well if that’s the case than whether you’re undefeated or not doesn’t really mean anything considering the variance in competition. 

You can’t compare a wrestler who seeks out top level national competition with one who has only wrestled in their back yard. 

That is true. Those who tend to wrestle local and have undefeated records vs those with 1-5 losses seeking tougher out of state national tournaments might not make it through to state undefeated. 

11 minutes ago, graham said:

I don’t believe any wrestler that is in our state truly has a choice whether they can seek out top level national competition or only wrestle in their back yard.....in season. Understandably you can seek out whoever you want to wrestle in the offseason, but in season they are at the mercy of their coaches and AD’s. And if someone beats everyone that’s put in front of them, whether it’s back yard or not, thats great, and only a handful of people in the state do it every year. 

As as far as the post on Jordy Fulks, Boonville has wrestled local teams (pretty much every southwestern indiana team in PAC, Big 8, and SIAC, I believe except Gibson southern, forest park, and Mater Dei), and also wrestled Union County, KY. 

1 minute ago, jpt189 said:

I don’t believe any wrestler that is in our state truly has a choice whether they can seek out top level national competition or only wrestle in their back yard.....in season. Understandably you can seek out whoever you want to wrestle in the offseason, but in season they are at the mercy of their coaches and AD’s. And if someone beats everyone that’s put in front of them, whether it’s back yard or not, thats great, and only a handful of people in the state do it every year. 

As as far as the post on Jordy Fulks, Boonville has wrestled local teams (pretty much every southwestern indiana team in PAC, Big 8, and SIAC, I believe except Gibson southern, forest park, and Mater Dei), and also wrestled Union County, KY. 

You are correct, he did face union county... their JV guy
But I believe he beat Payne Carr the previous year at this tournament. Fulks is dang good. 

Jordan Fulks (Boonville) over Tristan Moore (Union County) (Fall 0:00)

3 hours ago, graham said:

You're stating the obvious and I 100% agree,  But the original post asked who is undefeated, not who was the best.  The rankings take care of factoring in the level of competition.   Who is the best wrestler and who has wrestled who is a different discussion (and a fun one), IMO

8 hours ago, SWINfan said:

You're stating the obvious and I 100% agree,  But the original post asked who is undefeated, not who was the best.  The rankings take care of factoring in the level of competition.   Who is the best wrestler and who has wrestled who is a different discussion (and a fun one), IMO

Ok. My apologies. So this is like an official thing through IHSAA or something?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.