Annual breakdown of Sectional, Regional, Semi-State per the Rankings

Indysportsfan

2020 Wrestling Rankings per Sectional, Regional, SS.xlsx

There are going to be at least 18 wrestlers who are ranked in the Top 16 losing at the NCSS.  That is not including any upsets, which I am sure will occur, so you can probably count on 20+ ranked wrestlers going home disappointed.  I believe 12 out of the 14 weights have at least 5 kids ranked...good luck to all.

126 @ Evansville is crazy.  Depending on the draw, you're going to have one or maybe more guys making early exits in the ticket round.  Six of the top 12 here.
152 is strong and deep as well.  There are 5 of the top 8 in the state 

170 is nasty though not as deep. Three of the top 6 will battle and none of them have stood out in head to head.  Deters has beaten Sollars, Sollars has beaten Ruhlman and Ruhlman has beaten Deters.  

Haven't looked real deep at the others, but I'm sure there are other similar situations at other SS

4 minutes ago, SWINfan said:

126 @ Evansville is crazy.  Depending on the draw, you're going to have one or maybe more guys making early exits in the ticket round.  Six of the top 12 here.
152 is strong and deep as well.  There are 5 of the top 8 in the state 

170 is nasty though not as deep. Three of the top 6 will battle and none of them have stood out in head to head.  Deters has beaten Sollars, Sollars has beaten Ruhlman and Ruhlman has beaten Deters.  

Haven't looked real deep at the others, but I'm sure there are other similar situations at other SS

Do you think any 126’s will change weight classes for sectionals? 

it seems like Evansville always has a stud weight class where a favorable placer will not even make it to state. 

Updated with (1) ECSS rankings, (2) NCSS rankings and (3) new column on breakdown of total SS ranked wrestlers per sectional.  ECSS ranked 10 per weight, NCSS ranked 8 per weight

2020 Wrestling Rankings per Sectional, Regional, SS.xlsx 

Edited by Indysportsfan

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Wow NCSS with 74 ranked guys..

Impressive #'s for sure, and there are probably a handful of wrestlers that are on the cusp of being ranked.  A few that come to mind are Toole (Lebanon), Bond (Sheridan), and your guy Thrine (New Castle).  The ranking guys have a difficult task, but based purely on the #'s this has the makings of the toughest semi-state I have witnessed in the last 10 years for overall depth.

6 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Nah I stick to whiskey

I have a dog in this one (a bulldog actually!)

I miss going to Jeff two weekends in a row, coming from Louisville it was nice to be able to sleep in a little.  
Maybe the EPA can look into the realignment.  Seems like an excessive waste of diesel for the Floyd County teams to pass the Tell City bus on the way to sectionals 

9 minutes ago, JoeCoffey said:

I have a dog in this one (a bulldog actually!)

I miss going to Jeff two weekends in a row, coming from Louisville it was nice to be able to sleep in a little.  
Maybe the EPA can look into the realignment.  Seems like an excessive waste of diesel for the Floyd County teams to pass the Tell City bus on the way to sectionals 

Joey 

With all the emissions and fossil fuel use you might have a great idea. Not to mention the budget issues the schools have. 

4 hours ago, Indysportsfan said:

UPDATED -- The only thing I am missing would be the final semi-state rankings for EVSS.  Enjoy the day tomorrow!

2020 Wrestling Rankings per Sectional, Regional, SS.xlsx 502.73 kB · 63 downloads

I'm curious. Are you webscraping, have access to the underlying database, or doing this manually. Whatever you're doing it's it's appreciated. Thanks for taking the time.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.