Carroll vs the SAC

DrunkJoeNamath

18 hours ago, aoberlin said:

It's not about a moral high ground. It is about not trash talking just to get some attention. If I disagree with you it usually means you are wrong. 

I concur Andy.

Why doesn’t Indianapolis North Central Compete with Cathedral?: Says no one ever.

Why doesn’t South Bend Adams compete with Penn or Mishawaka?: Says no one ever.

Why doesn’t Roosevelt compete with Crown Point?: Says no one ever never ever ever.

Drunken Joe Broadway: Nah nah nah nah nah SAC can’t beat Carroll.

14 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I concur Andy.

Why doesn’t Indianapolis North Central Compete with Cathedral?: Says no one ever.

Why doesn’t South Bend Adams compete with Penn or Mishawaka?: Says no one ever.

Why doesn’t Roosevelt compete with Crown Point?: Says no one ever never ever ever.

Drunken Joe Broadway: Nah nah nah nah nah SAC can’t beat Carroll.

let’s not pretend Carroll is Cathedral, or Mishawaka, or Crown point.... A VAST MAJORITY of schools in the STATE couldn’t compete with those teams.... 

Also, team vs an entire conference is a little different than your argument.. 

Saying Carroll would beat an All-Conference SAC team is a conversation/debate... it’s not an insult just because you don’t like the facts I’m putting forth... 

37 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

The people from Carroll have been nothing but classy to me over the years: even in heated moments.  This guy isn’t associated with The Super Chargers.

Classy:  Saying you’re a wang chun master in defense of an argument against an mma fighter in one topic.

Not Classy: Saying a local small school would beat an entire conference, a conference that said small school is a part of in other sports....

image.gif.d6ebd31e95aa5dd21087f1a8354790b4.gif

I normally don't post on these types of forums, but I'm going to defend my program and then disappear from the thread because I don't want to get into tit-for-tats  Carroll has a solid program and they deserve credit for the success they have had in our area.  We are working hard to improve our program and are working to do things the right way.  We (Snider) just won our conference championship in a tight battle with Bishop Dwenger and Concordia.  We wrestled well.  We lost our dual meet with Carroll in a good match.  Tip of the hat.  My team has ovecome loads of adversity this season from tragedy to an unusual amount of injuries and illnees to keep working to get better. No excuses, I admit that our program is not to Carroll's consistent level.  But we are working on it.  We increased the difficulty of our schedule by going to the Henry Wilk at Penn and going to the Al Smith.  We picked up Bellmont in a dual.  This year, our numbers greatly improved over the past year, our Blackhawk Middle School Club has improved its numbers into the 30s and we are competing against Carroll's feeders  and other local middle schools not in FWCS (Remember, FWCS does not have middle school wrestling, so our ms team is actually a club that cannot practice everyday).  Our youth numbers and North Side's are gorwing and we look to field an elementary duals team next fall.  I would like to see middle school and youth programs grow in Ft. Wayne and we are working with Warrior Elite and other schools to help it grow, including Homestead, Carroll, North Side, and hopefuuly other this spring.

Again, kudos to the Carroll program and their successes.  They have been a consistently solid program in our area.  We will do our part to help Ft. Wayne wrestling improve.

Matt Cochran

Snider Head Coach

1 hour ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

let’s not pretend Carroll is Cathedral, or Mishawaka, or Crown point.... A VAST MAJORITY of schools in the STATE couldn’t compete with those teams.... 

Also, team vs an entire conference is a little different than your argument.. 

Saying Carroll would beat an All-Conference SAC team is a conversation/debate... it’s not an insult just because you don’t like the facts I’m putting forth... 

My point was none of the city schools near these county schools can compete. And it is comparable.  There are 20 schools in our region and Carroll beats them as well.  To have a debate you must use logic, facts, discernment, points and counterpoints. You didn’t want to debate: you wanted to troll.  And the Wing Chun Master thing is played.  I didn’t use my knowledge of Wing Chun to defend my argument. I just pointed out I’m not foreign to martial arts.  Or wrestling at a high level. You guys made some ha ha’s about and that’s ok.  Coach Cochran said his piece so now I’m done feeding the troll.  

Edited by GenHeavyHandz
More to say

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

The people from Carroll have been nothing but classy to me over the years: even in heated moments.  This guy isn’t associated with The Super Chargers.

Oh, I figured that was so.  I was trying to be funny ... and to perhaps hint at a possible maturity level.

2 hours ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

Not Classy: Saying a local small school would beat an entire conference, a conference that said small school is a part of in other sports....

image.gif.d6ebd31e95aa5dd21087f1a8354790b4.gif

Carroll has 2400 students. Snider has 1800. Carroll is not a small school

51 minutes ago, piscis1956 said:

Oh, I figured that was so.  I was trying to be funny ... and to perhaps hint at a possible maturity level.

It’s really big of you to talk about Joe’s wrestling managers like that! 

44 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Carroll has 2400 students. Snider has 1800. Carroll is not a small school

Not Classy: Saying a local medium sized school would beat an entire conference, a conference that said medium sized school is a part of in other sports....

... atleast you responded with something worth while this time around.

1 hour ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

It’s really big of you to talk about Joe’s wrestling managers like that! 

Not Classy: Saying a local medium sized school would beat an entire conference, a conference that said medium sized school is a part of in other sports....

... atleast you responded with something worth while this time around.

I was only trying to point out subtly that the troll who started this thread wasn’t likely an adult.

And Carroll, like all the other “4A schools”, are neither small nor medium anymore than Godzilla is a small or medium lizard.

Obviously, you created this thread and have continued commenting on this thread because you are just trying to get a reaction out of people.  I think that is the very definition of a troll.  I don’t know why you chose to pick on the SAC in particular.  I have actually enjoyed some of your banter, but for the most part you’ve been a bit annoying.  But that’s okay as I am used to it because I have a grandson who enjoys poking at people to get reactions from them.

Good night, young man.

I see this topic every year and every year I think the same thing...how absurd.  To compare an entire conference against one team is ridiculous.  Carroll’s program is a decent program because of the time and effort put into by coaches, parents, and mostly the young athletes.  I would love to see the Chargers

in a conference, but not the SAC.  They gain nothing from it.  The ability to go wrestle other programs around the state benefits our wrestlers more than facing SAC schools, some of who cant field a full team.  Im excited to see what is happening at Blackhawk Middle School and the efforts they are making to improve wrestling in the area.  Carroll is far from the Cathedrals, Crown Points, and Mater Dei’s but they are continuing to improve.  Im pretty knowledgeable of the program and am comfortable saying Carrolls program is better than some mostly due to the off season wrestling these young men do. Every wrestler has those opportunities.  I would like to see more effort into improving the FW semi state

and our area than talk if an all all star SAC team can beat Carroll.   Carroll

has an RTC program all summer, didnt see too many SAC wrestlers up there.

This is an apples to oranges conversation.  You can frame the picture in whatever you lens you want to look at it.

As a former head coach in the SAC, it is true, there are many factors that come into play that make the current climate and conditions of improving the overall quality of the SAC an uphill battle.  Does that mean that people haven’t been trying for years, of course they have.

My last year at Wayne, out of 45 guys on our team, I think 2 had a driver’s license and more than 95% had never stepped on a mat before high school.  We worked our tails off to prepare them the best we could for any situation, wrestling or life.

There are ebbs and flows to it.  At one point, the best teams in the SAC were as good, if not better than the best non-SAC Allen County teams.  Recent history shows the depth and strength of Carroll’s program is far more consistent.

From 2014-2016, Wayne tied or placed higher than Carroll at IHSAA State.  Did that make it a better program than Carroll? Of course not.  You can just choose to narrow the focus on what you want to.  Boiling it down to desire or want to just oversimplifies a far more complex topic.

1 hour ago, rjohnson said:

This is an apples to oranges conversation.  You can frame the picture in whatever you lens you want to look at it.

As a former head coach in the SAC, it is true, there are many factors that come into play that make the current climate and conditions of improving the overall quality of the SAC an uphill battle.  Does that mean that people haven’t been trying for years, of course they have.

My last year at Wayne, out of 45 guys on our team, I think 2 had a driver’s license and more than 95% had never stepped on a mat before high school.  We worked our tails off to prepare them the best we could for any situation, wrestling or life.

There are ebbs and flows to it.  At one point, the best teams in the SAC were as good, if not better than the best non-SAC Allen County teams.  Recent history shows the depth and strength of Carroll’s program is far more consistent.

From 2014-2016, Wayne tied or placed higher than Carroll at IHSAA State.  Did that make it a better program than Carroll? Of course not.  You can just choose to narrow the focus on what you want to.  Boiling it down to desire or want to just oversimplifies a far more complex topic.

What do you know FWCS Riley?

It can be cyclical....I remember a day Bellmont and Snider would have the tightest duals...fun and exciting! Carroll....well back in those days would win a couple matches and not come close to winning the dual. Things change and evolve and reinvent....hence the current dynamic!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.