Carroll vs the SAC

DrunkJoeNamath

106 SAC Cornewell

113 Carroll

120 SAC Ester

126 SAC Humphrey 

132 SAC Shelton

138 SAC Sotero

145 Slight nod to Carroll (11-10 over Tippmann) 

152 SAC Hilger

160 SAC Kreager

170 SAC Morris

182 ? this weight is a mystery

195 Carroll 

220 SAC

HWT Carroll.  This is based on results and rankings. Nice try.

8 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

106 SAC Cornewell

113 Carroll

120 SAC Ester

126 SAC Humphrey 

132 SAC Shelton

138 SAC Sotero

152 SAC Hilger

160 SAC Kreager

170 SAC Morris

195 Carroll 

220 SAC

couple things....

Rankings don’t mean 💩!

120 is a toss up,  Carroll’s Ehle is tough.. Maybe you aren’t smart enough to realize this? He’s a 2 time Michigan state qualifier, who Ester had the opportunity to wrestle this past week, BUT DIDNT EVEN WEIGH IN FOR THE DUAL.. 

138 - Who has Sotero even beaten this season? Quick answer - No one.. Carroll’s Fitch is a grinder, just like his uncle Jon! Didn’t he beat Sotero in the offseason? 

152 - At minimum a tossup... Saylor has a much better resume and wrestled Hollis to a tough 3-1 loss... Hilger was tech called by Hollis. 🤔 

182 - Schwehn has beaten best guys SAC has to offer. (Not exactly a mystery)

220 - Bills only loss was an injury default to the snider kid in the first 30 seconds.... Also, pinned the wrestler who is likely to be SAC’s #1 seed...

You would need every Fort Wayne team to just have a CLOSE dual meet with Carroll! 😂 

10 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

106 SAC Cornewell

113 Carroll

120 SAC Ester

126 SAC Humphrey 

132 SAC Shelton

138 SAC Sotero

152 SAC Hilger

160 SAC Kreager

170 SAC Morris

195 Carroll 

220 SAC

We get to see these matchups every year at the Carroll regional which has been dominated by the hosting school for as long as I can remember. 

106 SAC Cornewell

113 Carroll

120 SAC Ester

126 SAC Humphrey 

132 SAC Shelton

138 SAC Sotero

152 SAC Hilger

160 SAC Kreager

170 SAC Morris

195 Carroll 

220 SAC

160 I’d give it to the SAC as well but not sure it’s Kreager. Goeglein from Concordia is wrestling tough and Kreager didn’t face him at Duels for whatever reason. 

195 is a very slight edge to Carroll...Harris from Concordia only lost 7-6 to Lepper in their only match this season, he had a late ankle pick in the waning seconds and lost his grip on the ankle just enough for Lepper to avoid getting taken down. 

220 Bills did pin the SAC’s #1 seed so I’d have to give that edge to Carroll but keep in mind the SAC’s #1 seed is only a freshman that continues to improve.

106 SAC Cornewell

113 Carroll

120 SAC Ester

126 SAC Humphrey 

132 SAC Shelton

138 SAC Sotero

152 SAC Hilger

160 SAC Kreager

170 SAC Morris

195 Carroll 

220 SAC

You forgot coaching

Coaching- Carroll- No Brainer: Does anybody have a better asst coach in state:D

30 minutes ago, Ozz said:

160 I’d give it to the SAC as well but not sure it’s Kreager. Goeglein from Concordia is wrestling tough and Kreager didn’t face him at Duels for whatever reason. 

195 is a very slight edge to Carroll...Harris from Concordia only lost 7-6 to Lepper in their only match this season, he had a late ankle pick in the waning seconds and lost his grip on the ankle just enough for Lepper to avoid getting taken down. 

220 Bills did pin the SAC’s #1 seed so I’d have to give that edge to Carroll but keep in mind the SAC’s #1 seed is only a freshman that continues to improve.

12/14/2019

160 - Craig McGinnis (FWC) over Matthew Goeglein (FWCL) (Fall 3:34)

3 hours ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

12/14/2019

160 - Craig McGinnis (FWC) over Matthew Goeglein (FWCL) (Fall 3:34)

I was at the match Snider vs Carroll Bills lost. He got taken down.  He got injured. Kreager was under concussion protocol so he didn’t wrestle for a few weeks. 

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

4 hours ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

couple things....

Rankings don’t mean 💩!

120 is a toss up,  Carroll’s Ehle is tough.. Maybe you aren’t smart enough to realize this? He’s a 2 time Michigan state qualifier, who Ester had the opportunity to wrestle this past week, BUT DIDNT EVEN WEIGH IN FOR THE DUAL.. 

138 - Who has Sotero even beaten this season? Quick answer - No one.. Carroll’s Fitch is a grinder, just like his uncle Jon! Didn’t he beat Sotero in the offseason? 

152 - At minimum a tossup... Saylor has a much better resume and wrestled Hollis to a tough 3-1 loss... Hilger was tech called by Hollis. 🤔 

182 - Schwehn has beaten best guys SAC has to offer. (Not exactly a mystery)

220 - Bills only loss was an injury default to the snider kid in the first 30 seconds.... Also, pinned the wrestler who is likely to be SAC’s #1 seed...

You would need every Fort Wayne team to just have a CLOSE dual meet with Carroll! 😂 

You asked a question I answered it.  I went by the results and rankings: what else am I supposed to go by? And Carroll is good and has been doing well lately as they should.  They have great resources that the public city schools do not. All that being said Wayne has more and Luers has as many state medals as Carroll does in the last 5 years.  Those aren’t even conference powers.  As a team they are better than any one team in the conference.  The best people from our conference usually place higher.

29 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You asked a question I answered it.  I went by the results and rankings: what else am I supposed to go by? And Carroll is good and has been doing well lately as they should.  They have great resources that the public city schools do not. All that being said Wayne has more and Luers has as many state medals as Carroll does in the last 5 years.  Those aren’t even conference powers.  As a team they are better than any one team in the conference.  The best people from our conference usually place higher.

I asked a question, and you answered it poorly. By my count, Carroll would have a pretty solid shot at winning 9 out of 14 matches against the entire conference. (I can’t can’t even count that good 🤨)  

and I’m glad you’ve brought the state series into this.... how about: 

2019 Semi-State Qualifiers

Carroll 9

SAC 9

2019 state Qualifiers

Carroll 3

SAC 1

2018 state Qualifiers

Carroll 4

SAC 2

2017 state Qualifiers

Carroll 5

SAC 1

🤔 I rest my case.... 👍🏻 

19 hours ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

3 shut outs and 2 blowouts. The SAC is lucky that Carroll isn’t in the conference when it comes to wrestling... change my mind.

ps, is Carroll unbeaten in like 8 weight classes? Come on Fort Wayne! 

The SAC is unlucky that Carroll isn't in the SAC when it comes to wrestling. Carroll has a better program than SAC schools and them joining the SAC would only help teams to improve. Carroll is outside of FWCS which already provides them with a step up as there's more consistency and support from their administration. FWCS doesn't provide the same level of athletic support and focus except for a few events such as the SAC Holiday basketball tournament. If you look at things like access to resources, feeder programs, coaching longevity, training facilities, family support, community support, and competition schedule it makes complete sense that Carroll is a better program. 

FWCS has a long way to go to get to Carroll’s level but it’s not an impossible task. One of the best things to improve programs would be to increase the difficulty of a programs schedule and create a system that provides stability and accountability for the athletes. Most FWCS wrestlers first learn about wrestling when they’re in High School and many programs have few 4 year wrestlers. That’s a huge disadvantage especially in a sport like wrestling where mat time means so much for an athlete’s comfortability and confidence. There’s a lot of weird and unnatural positions, in comparison to other sports, that wrestlers find themselves in and this is where many FWCS wrestlers have difficulties. Setting up feeder programs would do wonders for FWCS programs but FWCS administration makes it very difficult to do so. 

If Carroll joined the SAC I’m sure they wouldn’t enjoy it as it would reduce the competitiveness of their schedule as they would have to attend the SAC team tournament, along with the SAC individual tournament. It would however greatly help other teams as it would provide a new measuring stick. Carroll would win the conference titles for a few years but the competition would increase the overall talent of Northeast Indiana. I know it can be discouraging for athletes to place in the top spots of their conference and then not advance to Regionals or Semi-State. Many wrestlers would rather not be a conference champion if it meant advancing further in the state tournament. I’d rather be a 20-10 State Qualifier than a 29-1 Sectional participant.

43 minutes ago, aoberlin said:

I am not in favor of this post at all. SAC has an uphill battle to even field full teams. I commend anyone that is willing to put forth the effort to help these kids. This isn’t even close to the same playing field.

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it any less true... It also doesn’t turn a conversation about competition in sport into an argument about moral high grounds. 

28 minutes ago, DrunkJoeNamath said:

Just because you don’t like something doesn’t make it any less true... It also doesn’t turn a conversation about competition in sport into an argument about moral high grounds. 

It's not about a moral high ground. It is about not trash talking just to get some attention. If I disagree with you it usually means you are wrong. 

13 hours ago, aoberlin said:

It's not about a moral high ground. It is about not trash talking just to get some attention. If I disagree with you it usually means you are wrong. 

We should change this from a message board to a “hurt feelings board”..

how did winning become outdated? 

Should we teach our wrestlers that the team that wins is the team that has the most fun?. Stop keeping score and start giving out more awards?

We could start by telling our wrestlers they are at a major disadvantage and they have built in excuses to not be champions... That’s always a good motivator... 

or, we could just let teams win and not talk about it on a message board...

Whatever works for you. 

2 hours ago, piscis1956 said:

Can we assume Joe Namath is one of student managers at Carroll High School?

The people from Carroll have been nothing but classy to me over the years: even in heated moments.  This guy isn’t associated with The Super Chargers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.