Biggest sleepers in every weight class?

Underrated

120 – Andrew Haggerty (Perry Meridian) | Battle-tested kid who’s had just about everyone you could have on the schedule.

152 – Kade Law (Columbus East) | Al Smith champ, faced a who’s who at 152; close battle with Freije at Team State.

160 – Tyler Fuqua (Franklin) | Only losses to Dickens and Law (152) in the UTB.

220 – Alex Hernandez (Warren Central) | Solid big man from the east side room who’s faced great competition. If he’s healthy, he can make a deep run. 

285 – Jacob Johnson (Franklin) | Ranked eighth in the semi-state with five losses all coming in OT to wrestlers in the top ten. 

5 hours ago, blueandgold said:

120 – Andrew Haggerty (Perry Meridian) | Battle-tested kid who’s had just about everyone you could have on the schedule.

152 – Kade Law (Columbus East) | Al Smith champ, faced a who’s who at 152; close battle with Freije at Team State.

160 – Tyler Fuqua (Franklin) | Only losses to Dickens and Law (152) in the UTB.

220 – Alex Hernandez (Warren Central) | Solid big man from the east side room who’s faced great competition. If he’s healthy, he can make a deep run. 

285 – Jacob Johnson (Franklin) | Ranked eighth in the semi-state with five losses all coming in OT to wrestlers in the top ten. 

Cade Law has a lot of upside!

43 minutes ago, navy80 said:

What's your definition of a sleeper? Outside the top 5? Outside the top 10? 

I’m not really giving a certain definition. Up for you to decide. Either sleepers to win the state tournament or even kids that could place or even make it that aren’t being looked at. 

On 1/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, SWINfan said:

A kid I like is Keegan Williams at 120 for Ev. Memorial.  He's a freshman, isn't ranked and may not make it out of SS, depending on his ticket round draw.  But I could see him getting to State with a break or two and he's a guy not many people outside of Evansville have heard of.  

Gave glithero a war so he's gotta be nails!

16 hours ago, ontherise219 said:

120 is nasty with some tough freshman out side of the rankings 

Cole Solomy Kankakee valley only loss Diaz OT 

keegan Williams Evansville memorial 33-2

Delaney Ruhlman Bloomington south only 2 losses at Al Smith 1 to bettich and ester 

Brevan Thrine 35-1 with 7 SSQ and 1 SQ Ws and only loss to #7 Stud White! 

25 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Brevan Thrine 35-1 with 7 SSQ and 1 SQ Ws and only loss to #7 Stud White! 

I am looking at his IndianaMat page and the only name I recognize is Dominic Skees (SQ - 2019).  113 at NCSS will be hotly contested with Cottey, Anthony, Wolf (same regional as Thrine), Wilburn, Carrender, Hooper, and Glithero all ranked.  Has he wrestled anyone ranked in the NCSS and maybe it is not listed on the website?  

47 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

I am looking at his IndianaMat page and the only name I recognize is Dominic Skees (SQ - 2019).  113 at NCSS will be hotly contested with Cottey, Anthony, Wolf (same regional as Thrine), Wilburn, Carrender, Hooper, and Glithero all ranked.  Has he wrestled anyone ranked in the NCSS and maybe it is not listed on the website?  

Not that I know of.. He's just gotta wrestle 1 match at a time.. you had to make it to SS to be in database.. just saying a freshman with 35 wins is darn good and I'm proud of him!  He's 120 the weight loaded more there than 113.. He's a 2x MS placer and iswa runner up and getting better... he is just another Horse in that NCSS that is gonna bring it every time! 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.