JV State Duals

ExCoach123

Glad there's things like this that help develop wrestlers and to encourage depth In the wrestling room! There's JV  guys that are in spots with studs in front of them that would be starters most places as well..Fitts comes to mind from EMD last season.. Ws a SQ before that iirc.. Best of luck to everybody competing and coaching! 

2 hours ago, WrestleMan said:

I am too. I think a lot of these teams enter their JV lineup into some varsity tournaments and wrestle some varsity duals. I'm not sure how well they have done but it is some good experience for them. Can't wait for Saturday. 

Jeff VB (our second string) wrestles varsity teams in Kentucky - we've seen 9 of the top 16 teams so far in Kentucky. Typically we do fairly well

Edited by patriotfan

2 hours ago, patriotfan said:

Jeff VB (our second string) wrestles varsity teams in Kentucky - we've seen 9 of the top 16 teams so far in Kentucky. Typically we do fairly well

How would your team stack up against Union County (KY)? Varsity A give them a good run? They are usually competitive at the Mater Dei tournament. Good luck to all of the JV kids out there getting some great experience this weekend!

4 hours ago, Coach Nieman said:

Is there still a JV or Freshman/Sophomore individual state tournament? I thought there was in the past but haven't seen anything on it recently.

There's a freshman /sophomore state that allows them to compete if they don't place at ihsaa state..SSQ and SQ  automatically qualify and are highest seeds. there's qualifying tournaments in multiple places for kids that might've been jv or lost at regional or before.. Very well ran tournament and I enjoyed it big time.

Ask

5 hours ago, Coach Nieman said:

Is there still a JV or Freshman/Sophomore individual state tournament? I thought there was in the past but haven't seen anything on it recently.

Ask and ye shall find.

https://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/uploads/O-492453132-Indiana_Frosh_Soph_State_2020.pdf

2 hours ago, SIwrestling said:

How would your team stack up against Union County (KY)? Varsity A give them a good run? They are usually competitive at the Mater Dei tournament. Good luck to all of the JV kids out there getting some great experience this weekend!

VB not too well

The gap between the top KY teams (let's say top 5, teams like Woodford, Union, Ryle, etc..) and the the rest is huge, wrestling is still growing there so there's not a lot of depth. Those upper tier teams can compete but after that it drops pretty far.

For instance, VB lost to a top #15 KY team by 20 points with seven third string guys in the VB lineup but the full VB lineup got absolutely smashed by a top 6 team. 

But we are grateful to have the opportunity to be invited and wrestle all over Kentucky.

10 hours ago, Y2CJ41 said:

Pool A
Cathedral
Perry Meridian
Carroll

Pool B
Evansville Mater Dei
Columbus East
Avon

Pool C
Brownsburg
Franklin
Jeffersonville

Pool D
Warren Central
Bloomington South
Pendleton Heights

Any idea who the favorites would be?

6 hours ago, SIwrestling said:

How well do you think memorial’s team would stack up against union county’s A?

11 hours ago, hook and half said:

How well do you think memorial’s team would stack up against union county’s A?

It wasn't pretty. 66-15 was final score at the Harrison 10-way. They didn't have their varsity 152 and were missing the Ervin at 285, so results should've been worse. 

Have to give a big shout-out to Warren Central for running such an awesome tournament. Our guys loved it and this tournament is another way to grow the sport. The entire Brownsburg staff really hopes JV States Duals continues in the future. I know our guys trained hard all season to compete at it, and after hearing all of their feedback it sounds like they really enjoyed the experience. Thanks again to Warren Central for running an outstanding tournament and congrats to everyone that competed and made the tournament so competitive!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.