2020 Middle school state predictions

812wrestler

OK middle school parents it’s time to make a little noise about Middle school state! This youth wrestling forum has been way to quiet for the heart of the wrestling season. 

lets see your predictions on placement and best matchups for Indiana’s toughest youth tournament💪

2020 IHSWCA MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE

MS
  • 75: 1
  • 80: 0
  • 85: 1
  • 90: 2
  • 95: 2
  • 102: 0
  • 110: 2
  • 117: 1
  • 125: 3
  • 132: 1
  • 140: 2
  • 150: 1
  • 160: 2
  • 175: 0
  • 195: 2
  • 220: 0
  • 275: 0
  • Total: 20
ms-girls
  • 62: 0
  • 68: 0
  • 74: 0
  • 82: 0
  • 90: 0
  • 100: 0
  • 110: 0
  • 125: 1
  • 143: 0
  • 164: 0
  • 185: 0
  • Total: 1
Not many signed up yet.
 Still early though.
Edited by Bulldog89

I will be the first to admit there is a lot of kids that will do well or possibly win that I dont know... having said that I feel pretty comfortable with these picks

Revin Dickman 1st @75

Gavin Jendreas 1st @80

Brady Ison 1st @125
Preston Haines 1st 90-95?

Kyle Harden 1st 102

Gunner Henry 1st at 160-170

Hunter May 1st at 132-140

Drew Mills 1st at 150-160

Parker Reynolds 1st @90-95

Easton Doster 1st @85

Dylan Graham 1st @102

can anyone help fill in the gaps or see any potential great matches?

Edited by 812wrestler
Add on

Kyle Harden will most likely be at 110 (what he went for Tulsa)

Preston Haines cannot wrestle this year as he has already participated as an 8th grader last year.

Parker Reynolds may not be medically cleared to wrestle by then as he suffered a dislocated knee cap out in Tulsa.

I do agree with a lot of your predictions other wise.  

Here are some top matches possibly at a few weights

80: L Haines returning champ v G Jendreas

85: E Doster, J Hockaday, L Haines

90: P Reynolds?, S Syra, J Hockaday ?,  H DeMarco

95: P Reynolds?, E Stanley, I Schaefer

102:  D Graham, E Stanley ?, R Murphy

110:  K Harden, R Courtney, A Rinehart

150: D Mills, D Veazy

8 minutes ago, JORVILLE said:

Some other names I think of who will be tough at their weights will be Landon Hawkins, Clinton Shepherd, Griffin Van Tichelt, Jacob Jones, Tanner Tishner, Bryce Denton, Jeffrey Huyvaert, Damian Resendez, Asher Ratliff, Nate Rioux, and Jairo Acuna 

Yes I meant L Hawkins at 85, and forgot about Acuna.  

Doesn’t make sense for them to block the entry list if they are allowing wrestlers to change weight classes.  Personally, they should do it like Tulsa.  Block the entry list, make weight at what you register at.  If you don’t make it go home.  But if you are going to allow weight class changes at weigh-ins, then just unblock the list.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2020 at 11:10 PM, #TheBrand said:

Kyle Harden will most likely be at 110 (what he went for Tulsa)

Preston Haines cannot wrestle this year as he has already participated as an 8th grader last year.

Parker Reynolds may not be medically cleared to wrestle by then as he suffered a dislocated knee cap out in Tulsa.

I do agree with a lot of your predictions other wise.  

Here are some top matches possibly at a few weights

80: L Haines returning champ v G Jendreas

85: E Doster, J Hockaday, L Haines

90: P Reynolds?, S Syra, J Hockaday ?,  H DeMarco

95: P Reynolds?, E Stanley, I Schaefer

102:  D Graham, E Stanley ?, R Murphy

110:  K Harden, R Courtney, A Rinehart

150: D Mills, D Veazy

The past few years several wrestlers have entered again as a repeat 8th grader after wrestling already as an 8th grader and the IHSWCA has not sent them home so I would assume if Preston wants to wrestle there is enough precedent set that he will be able to wrestle. 

56 minutes ago, Wade McClurg said:

From last year’s flyer:

ELIGIBILITY:
This tournament is open to any wrestler in grades 6th – 7th & 8th enrolled in an Indiana Middle School who has not completed at least one year of 8th Grade.

My guess is this change was made to coincide with the change that was not communicated at the ISWA elementary duals this year regarding birth year.

I'm sure these two changes work hand in hand.

1 hour ago, tigrreapr56 said:

My guess is this change was made to coincide with the change that was not communicated at the ISWA elementary duals this year regarding birth year.

I'm sure these two changes work hand in hand.

well you would be wrong but it isn't the first time and it sure won't likely be the last time.    the policy has always been listed at MS state but as i previously stated the last couple of years a precedent has been set as several kids have signed up that had already wrestled as 8th graders and were repeating the grade.   i am sure i don't need to tell you about this since you always know everything all the time.  

24 minutes ago, JMILL said:

well you would be wrong but it isn't the first time and it sure won't likely be the last time.    the policy has always been listed at MS state but as i previously stated the last couple of years a precedent has been set as several kids have signed up that had already wrestled as 8th graders and were repeating the grade.   i am sure i don't need to tell you about this since you always know everything all the time.  

Thank you Jason.  I am 100% sure that with the IHSCWA this issue will be addressed!

Thank you for the personal comments.  I'm not the one to retaliate.  I just want what is best for Indiana wrestling!

Best wishes to you and yours!

Kenny Harden

317-506-0342

#Indiana

#TheCompoundIndy

• 2 weeks later...

Registration via Trackwrestling.com ● You must pre-register at www. trackwrestling.com ● No registration will occur on-site or by mail ● Payment required at the time you register (No Refunds) ● Late entries will not be accepted ● Deadline for on-line registration is 11:00 PM (EST), Saturday, February 8th, 2020

Here are the favorites I would think based upon who is signed up as of right now.  Remember wrestlers can now switch weight classes (bad idea in my opinion).  Disclaimer....This is not necessarily who I think will win (well 99% agree), but who the favorites would be going into it based upon registration.

75   Dickman (Brownsburg) 6th

80   Jendreas (Crownpoint) 7th

85   Hockaday (Tri West) 7th

90  Schaefer (returning champ) (Mater Dei) 7th

95  Reynolds (if healthy & can wrestler) (Brownsburg) 6th

102  Graham (Cathedral) 8th

110  Harden (Cathedral) 6th

117  Courtney (Center Grove) 8th

125 Ison (Brownsburg) 8th

132  Caden Brewer (Avon) 8th

140 Hunter May (returning champ) (Floyd Central) 8th

150 Drew Mills (returning champ) (Center Grove) 8th

160 McBride (Perry Meridian) 8th

175 Gunner Henry (Brownsburg) 8th

195  Brady Beck (Rochester) 8th

220  Maximus Forrester (Brownsburg) 8th

275 Pick 'Em

This with both L. Hanies (75 Champ last year) & Preston Haines (85 Champ last year) & Nate Rioux not wrestling in this years MS state.  All 3 will be at Wildwood duals.

3 6th graders to win, Brownsburg leading the way with 5 champs, and only I. Schaefer at 90 with the a streak of going for 3 straight (does not include 6th graders).

Next year weight classes may be changed.  My input was to follow the school boy weights up to 102 and then HS weights.  This discourages wrestlers to cutting to a weight that does not exist on the National circuit.  71, 77, 83, 87, 92, 97, 102, and then HS weights.  71 allows for a smaller weight class, and the weights from there will be what most MS will have to wrestle on a national circuit.  From what I am hearing, this is getting a lot of traction.  Stay tuned.

And if I'm counting that is 7 of 16 (not counting HW) as being #TheCounty

And I'm proud to say 10 of the favorites have wrestled for The Compound Indy and won at either AAU National Duals or the Defense Soap National Duals at Cleveland State.  More big things to come with IN top wrestlers.

Edited by #TheBrand

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.