Semi state template.

The Zebra

5 minutes ago, The Zebra said:

When/How do we find out the seeding process? 4 regionals per semi state but how do you determine which regional 1st place placer will face a regional 4th place placer? 

Its done by a random draw.   They have some random selector for each weight class where each regional is assigned to another regional.

On 1/17/2020 at 8:58 AM, Wrestling Scholar said:

Its done by a random draw.   They have some random selector for each weight class where each regional is assigned to another regional.

Back in the day we knew the draw before way a head of time. I believe there were a few take a dive in the finals to be in opposite brackets. To avoid someone they felt they couldn't defeat. 

21 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Back in the day we knew the draw before way a head of time. I believe there were a few take a dive in the finals to be in opposite brackets. To avoid someone they felt they couldn't defeat. 

Back in what day? I have never seen it before regionals is over except when someone gave it the teams right after regionals was over and they leaked it to the other regionals. Not to say it wasn’t that way over 25 years ago.

2 hours ago, aoberlin said:

Back in what day? I have never seen it before regionals is over except when someone gave it the teams right after regionals was over and they leaked it to the other regionals. Not to say it wasn’t that way over 25 years ago.

We knew our regional draw before sectional finals. 1978  And only top 2 advanced.

Edited by takemtothemat

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.