Special night at Plymouth honoring coach Bob Read

Jim calhoun

Hall of fame coach Bob Read was honored as he coached his final home dual after 40 plus years at Plymouth high school. It was a special night watching past wrestlers come from literally all over the country to honor him. Coach hates any attention on himself but this was well deserving. I’ve known this man over 40 years and I can honestly say I’ve never met a man with more class, ethics and integrity in my life. The video tribute showed countless former wrestlers share how they have become the husbands, fathers and men they are because of the time and care coach poured into their lives. He’s had numerous state qualifiers, placers and champions but the mentoring he has poured into people is what last. I’ve never met a man who hates to lose and loves to win more but it’s the lessons in life that leaves the greatest marks on his wrestlers. He is a man that is driven by his faith, his family and simply pouring into young men’s lives. I felt like I was peeling an onion all night! Thank you coach Read for all you’ve done in this great sport in Plymouth and in Indiana. Well deserved. 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:14 AM, Jim calhoun said:

Hall of fame coach Bob Read was honored as he coached his final home dual after 40 plus years at Plymouth high school. It was a special night watching past wrestlers come from literally all over the country to honor him. Coach hates any attention on himself but this was well deserving. I’ve known this man over 40 years and I can honestly say I’ve never met a man with more class, ethics and integrity in my life. The video tribute showed countless former wrestlers share how they have become the husbands, fathers and men they are because of the time and care coach poured into their lives. He’s had numerous state qualifiers, placers and champions but the mentoring he has poured into people is what last. I’ve never met a man who hates to lose and loves to win more but it’s the lessons in life that leaves the greatest marks on his wrestlers. He is a man that is driven by his faith, his family and simply pouring into young men’s lives. I felt like I was peeling an onion all night! Thank you coach Read for all you’ve done in this great sport in Plymouth and in Indiana. Well deserved. 

Well said, Jim! Plymouth has been blessed to have Coach Read.

I agree with all the comments made about Coach Read.  Always into every match with his athletes, wanting them to be victorious. A true competitor and an even better person.  Every time we matched up against them at the Plymouth Invitational, I knew we were in for a fight.  Thanks for posting this Jim and thank you Bob for all the years you have given to the sport and your athletes. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.