Deepest weight ? 126 is so nasty

Jayruss

It wasn’t the toughest at the time, but when you look at all the eventual resumes of 2016 106, it is pretty hard to top.

Cayden Rooks(2x champ, runner-up) and Andrew Black(2x runner-up) didn’t make it out of semi-state.

Edited by Caleb Spires

These are all great weights. Still haven’t seen a weight deeper than 2015 120 though that featured names such as:

Brendan Black

Breyden Bailey

Brock Hudkins

Cornelious Elliott

Hunter Langeloh 

Jeremiah Reitz
Kyle Hatch

Sawyer Miller

Tyler Ferguson

Will Egli

Deepest weight I’ve ever seen. 4 state champions in one bracket.

119 in 2006. 

Three state champs from 2005

-103 Galka 47-0

-112 Harris 42-0

-119 Williams 46-2

plus Salas 12-5 placed 6th at 119. Freeman 45-4 placed 7th at 112. Weinzapfel 36-5 was a SQ at 103. 

in 2004- Freeman was SQ 42-4 and Harris 37-6 was 3rd at 103. Williams 42-4 placed 5th at 112. 

these were all returning in 2006 at 119. 

at the Evansville semi state, Williams placed 1st over previously undefeated Gallahgaer and Freeman!

Gallagher Franklin upset state champ Harris 6-2 in the quarters. 

Returning state champ Galka got beat first round by Freeman.  Freeman then loses Saturday morning to Harner Norwell 38-1 at the time. Harner then upsets Gallagher to make the finals. 

the bottom half of the bracket. 

returning state champ Williams wins 13-1 and 16-0 to advance to the semi finals. 

Salas wins in overtime over Weinzapfel 3-1 Friday night then 5-2 over Miller Muncie Soutside. 

Salas upsets Williams 4-3 in the semis. 

three returning state champs. None of them made the finals. 

Salas from Merrilville pinned Harner in the finals. 

The following year 2007 from the same weight class saw two state champs. 

freeman B South got 1st at 125.  Freeman ended up placing Q, 7th, 5th, and 1st.

Galka Hobart got 1st at 130. 

Others from the 2006 bracket 119. 

Harris who previously placed 3rd, 1st, 7th.  placed 7th as a senior. 

michael Columbia city placed 8th in the star studded 06 bracket and placed 6th the next year. 

Weinzapfel lost in overtime to the eventual state champ Salas on Friday night rebounded in 07 by placing 6th. 

Young of zionsville was a SQ in 06 and placed 4th in 07. 

excuse the grammatical errors as I am on my phone. Will we ever see three defending state champs in the same bracket?

i think Indianamat would go crazy even if we get two defending state champs in the same bracket!

2 hours ago, navy80 said:

119 in 2006. 

Three state champs from 2005

-103 Galka 47-0

-112 Harris 42-0

-119 Williams 46-2

plus Salas 12-5 placed 6th at 119. Freeman 45-4 placed 7th at 112. Weinzapfel 36-5 was a SQ at 103. 

in 2004- Freeman was SQ 42-4 and Harris 37-6 was 3rd at 103. Williams 42-4 placed 5th at 112. 

these were all returning in 2006 at 119. 

at the Evansville semi state, Williams placed 1st over previously undefeated Gallahgaer and Freeman!

Gallagher Franklin upset state champ Harris 6-2 in the quarters. 

Returning state champ Galka got beat first round by Freeman.  Freeman then loses Saturday morning to Harner Norwell 38-1 at the time. Harner then upsets Gallagher to make the finals. 

the bottom half of the bracket. 

returning state champ Williams wins 13-1 and 16-0 to advance to the semi finals. 

Salas wins in overtime over Weinzapfel 3-1 Friday night then 5-2 over Miller Muncie Soutside. 

Salas upsets Williams 4-3 in the semis. 

three returning state champs. None of them made the finals. 

Salas from Merrilville pinned Harner in the finals. 

The following year 2007 from the same weight class saw two state champs. 

freeman B South got 1st at 125.  Freeman ended up placing Q, 7th, 5th, and 1st.

Galka Hobart got 1st at 130. 

Others from the 2006 bracket 119. 

Harris who previously placed 3rd, 1st, 7th.  placed 7th as a senior. 

michael Columbia city placed 8th in the star studded 06 bracket and placed 6th the next year. 

Weinzapfel lost in overtime to the eventual state champ Salas on Friday night rebounded in 07 by placing 6th. 

Young of zionsville was a SQ in 06 and placed 4th in 07. 

excuse the grammatical errors as I am on my phone. Will we ever see three defending state champs in the same bracket?

i think Indianamat would go crazy even if we get two defending state champs in the same bracket!

Was a helluva year 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.