Your HS weight class vs Old guy weight class

A less serious topic just to create some laughs.   The Scholar is doing some unscientific research and requesting that you post your high school weight class (the one you primarily wrestled or senior year) and then compare it to your current weight class.  Reference the year of your high school weight that your using   Lets be a honest, as I see you guys out there, and we've put on a pound or two.   I'm hypothesizing that this will be interesting and that most guys will be up 3 to 4 weight classes.   I also think there's a small  percentage of guys that stay really fit and could still wrestle there old weight class.   I bet a few guys  haven't been on a scale in 10 years. 

Since this is my proposal the scholar will go first.  Lets see who will play along.    I say the reward whoever went up the most weight classes gets 100 bananas. I think they might need the carbs.  The guy still at that same weight class as HS only gets 10 bananas.  

My weight class in HS was 167 lbs class of (1988).  Current weight class HWY.  I've been bulking up by hitting the weights;). The good thing about being in HWY is you don't have to list weight:D

Thanks,

The Scholar

1 minute ago, M109R said:

High School weight Hwt (1984) current weight would be 220 . But at 52 I'm in better shape and stronger than I was in high school . 

I suppose in 1984, 220 lbs would have been the HWY class.    Im also a lot stronger than HS,  but Im not saying im in better shape. I could run forever then, but cant do 5 mins now. 

Last wrestled 119 in ‘91, I’m below 220 and working to get down to 185-190.  Back injuries an a surgery have limited my workouts off an on the last decade.  Four years ago I was about the same weight and had a good year with back problems ( no issues ) and got daily workouts in and got myself down to 174.  A month after tho had some issues and gained it mostly all back.  

28 minutes ago, GrecoCoach said:

I wrestled 125 my senior year in 1996.  Now I'd be 220.  Started using a weight room in college, which added to some late growth spurts.

I always joke that I wrestled 167 in HS,  and I can make 67 again, but that would have be 267.   100 lbs is a lot of weight.

Makes you wonder though,   how about all us guys that used to cut weight then we'd binge,  if that has had some long term affect on her eating habits and health.  Or maybe just older guys just get bigger.   Im with you on the weight room,   I do hit the weights 4 -5 times a week and a majority of my gain is muscle mass.

On the flip side,   my wife complains every week the last 23 years that she gained a pound or two,  but with all that weight gain she weighs  exactly the same amount when I married her.   The math doesn't add up.

6 minutes ago, QuinnHarris said:

Graduated in 2015 wrestled 138, weigh about 145 now walking around, could easily get back to 138 guess my weight growth will be coming soon 😂

The rule is you gain 15 pounds once you get married and an extra 10 for every kid.   Its like the game of life,  but instead of getting little yellow pink and blue pegs to put in your car, you get fat and larger clothes.

4 minutes ago, Wrestling Scholar said:

The rule is you gain 15 pounds once you get married and an extra 10 for every kid.   Its like the game of life,  but instead of getting little yellow pink and blue pegs to put in your car, you get fat and larger clothes.

Well I guess I know what to expect in the coming years then 🤣

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.