Team State Champs

ExCoach123

1 hour ago, ExCoach123 said:

Would anyone agree that if a team wins their class, should that team be moved up the next class the following year?  I would like to see that happen

Maybe if 2 or 3 in a row happens. Find a way to improve the IHSAA's success factor in that they only move up for 1 year and not two?

1 hour ago, ExCoach123 said:

Would anyone agree that if a team wins their class, should that team be moved up the next class the following year?  I would like to see that happen

I think in Indiana wrestling,  If a team monopolizes and dominates a class, they will self select to move up the ladder. 

Just curious,  can a team self select to move up to any class for example from 1A to 3A or do they bump up to the big class  like Cathedral and EMD? 

3 hours ago, Silence Dogood said:

I think this would be something to consider if the same team was winning the class every year, but it doesn't seem like we have that problem. 

Yorktown got chastised one year because people thought they should move up... 

Most 1A schools do well to wrestle a complete roster and that varies from year to year.  I would say after they win it 3 times within 5 years is a good time to bump them up but not before.  Let's be honest, some schools are real small but recruit athletes (wrestlers).  However, those particular schools are already wrestling 3A due to their domination of the sport.  Schools that legit have kids that live in their district deserve the opportunity to win a few.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.