The Mendez effect

4U2NV

34 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Saw some of @FCFIGHTER170 fights on the ol inter web. I can attest that he is a tough dude. Pretty sure the crazy talk would not happen face to face.

But.. I would love to see some @GenHeavyHandz Wang Chung videos!!!! Where can we find them? Surely a Wang Chung master of 23 years has some good content on a Wang Chung website!!!

🎼Everybody have fun tonight

Everybody Wang Chung tonight🎶

My dad could beat up your dad.

7 hours ago, Mattyb said:

Saw some of @FCFIGHTER170 fights on the ol inter web. I can attest that he is a tough dude. Pretty sure the crazy talk would not happen face to face.

But.. I would love to see some @GenHeavyHandz Wang Chung videos!!!! Where can we find them? Surely a Wang Chung master of 23 years has some good content on a Wang Chung website!!!

Wing Chun is a soft art.  No sparing.  It’s like Tai Chi. Sorry I don’t perform and tap dance.

7 hours ago, Mattyb said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve been the same person my whole life. I’m pretty sure that there are people on this site who will tell you I’m only scared of a Democrat in the White House. All my friends are wrestlers, MMA fighters or ex ones.  I’m pretty sure my 6 Son’s would avenge my death if I were to lose a duel with FC Fighter.

Edited by GenHeavyHandz

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’m pretty sure I’ve been the same person my whole life. I’m pretty sure that there are people on this site who will tell you I’m only scared of a Democrat in the White House. All my friends are wrestlers, MMA fighters or ex ones.  I’m pretty sure my 6 Son’s would avenge my death if I were to lose a duel with FC Fighter.

Lol nobody's wanting to fight you or your sons..I can fight and would if somebody put their hands on me or or family but not over a HS wrestling opinion differences.. I'm 34 and don't just start fights or think i'm baddest dude ever.. but I'm def more than capable of handling myself and amongst other alphas am a rare breed... have 3 brothers that fought (1 passed that was 22-1 pro ammy combined)  and between us won over 90 fights in the cage with 3 of us being pro.. Fought in ELITEXC which was the 2nd biggest org to the UFC and on PPV multiple times.. Also Promoted Some of boxing's biggest stars for Showtime and ws managed by the 1 the most influential men in MMA history Monte Cox.. Trained with Miletich fighting systems starting at 19 and with Gracie and American Top Team to name a few.. Didn't want to put my life story on here but I'd figured I'd fill ya in since you told us your Experience in combat sports..We would probably get along had we not got off on wrong foot..I'm not a confrontational type of guy contrary to what your assumptions might be in regards to a "quasi-ufc" fighter... No Ill will here just know that Mendez won't be tested in state next few years.

On 1/16/2020 at 9:15 AM, 4U2NV said:

FCFIGHTER170 brings up a good point. Let's see what the Mendez effect looks like vs the Alred effect:

126 = 15 state placements and 5 state qualifiers

132 = 3 state placements and 10 state qualifiers 

138 = 8 state placements and 5 state qualifiers 

•  

182 = 8 state placers and 4 state qualifiers

195 = 2 state placers and 2 state qualifiers

220 = 4 state placers and 4 state qualifiers 

Let's not forget about how dominant Zeke Seltzer is at 120. He is the part of the reason 126 is so deep.  

5 hours ago, Kaylababy69 said:

Let's not forget about how dominant Zeke Seltzer is at 120. He is the part of the reason 126 is so deep.  

The Seltzer effect isn’t as pronounced. There are still a lot of placers and qualifiers in the weight class 

120 = 8 state placers and 9 state qualifiers 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, SunDevils said:

And though I never saw him wrestle I am assuming people also tried to avoid Lance Ellis. 

I saw him wrestle. He was always a weight or two below me and a year behind. Best lateral/whip-over and cradle from any angle I’ve ever seen. Nobody at Tipton gave a thought to avoiding Ellis bc it wouldn’t have made any difference in getting beat at regionals by him or another Cathedral guy 1-2 weight classes above or below. 🤣  Public high schools back then weren’t as large it seems, so it was harder to compete against the private schools that could recruit from all over.  Delta was one among other exceptions though.

Edited by tonyzirkle

46 minutes ago, tonyzirkle said:

I saw him wrestle. He was always a weight or two below me and a year behind. Best lateral/whip-over and cradle from any angle I’ve ever seen. Nobody at Tipton gave a thought to avoiding Ellis bc it wouldn’t have made any difference in getting beat at regionals by him or another Cathedral guy 1-2 weight classes above or below. 🤣  Public high schools back then weren’t as large it seems, so it was harder to compete against the private schools that could recruit from all over.  Delta was one among other exceptions though.

Love the part with the leg cradle where coach yelled that the ref stopped it because he'd never seen it before

3 hours ago, greco165 said:

Love the part with the leg cradle where coach yelled that the ref stopped it because he'd never seen it before

That's Lance Rhodes...He was at new castle before Leaving for cathedral way bk and Peck took over and won her 1000 duals.. I still remember wrestling John Schmaltz from Cathedral and their coaches were yelling our code words Lance took with him 😂😂 

On 1/21/2020 at 9:32 AM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Lol nobody's wanting to fight you or your sons..I can fight and would if somebody put their hands on me or or family but not over a HS wrestling opinion differences.. I'm 34 and don't just start fights or think i'm baddest dude ever.. but I'm def more than capable of handling myself and amongst other alphas am a rare breed... have 3 brothers that fought (1 passed that was 22-1 pro ammy combined)  and between us won over 90 fights in the cage with 3 of us being pro.. Fought in ELITEXC which was the 2nd biggest org to the UFC and on PPV multiple times.. Also Promoted Some of boxing's biggest stars for Showtime and ws managed by the 1 the most influential men in MMA history Monte Cox.. Trained with Miletich fighting systems starting at 19 and with Gracie and American Top Team to name a few.. Didn't want to put my life story on here but I'd figured I'd fill ya in since you told us your Experience in combat sports..We would probably get along had we not got off on wrong foot..I'm not a confrontational type of guy contrary to what your assumptions might be in regards to a "quasi-ufc" fighter... No Ill will here just know that Mendez won't be tested in state next few years.

You fling numerous insults at me and expect me to be cool with you? You imply if I met you in person I wouldn’t have the same energy and expect me to let it slide? You call me a WiFi tuffy but run down your whole resume of your MMA history. You insult my intelligence but then say we got off on the wrong foot otherwise we’d be cool?Dude you are all over the place.  I’ll tell you what: I’m me. Nearly 49.  I could care less about any of this yakity yak. I will stand on what I say right or wrong. Don’t hop on my comments I won’t hop on yours.

34 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You fling numerous insults at me and expect me to be cool with you? You imply if I met you in person I wouldn’t have the same energy and expect me to let it slide? You call me a WiFi tuffy but run down your whole resume of your MMA history. You insult my intelligence but then say we got off on the wrong foot otherwise we’d be cool?Dude you are all over the place.  I’ll tell you what: I’m me. Nearly 49.  I could care less about any of this yakity yak. I will stand on what I say right or wrong. Don’t hop on my comments I won’t hop on yours.

Go back and read every thing you said .. you're the one that brought up how when you met Littlevito this and that and ppl gave diff strategy. . not me...YOU brought up me being quasi ufc fighter.. so I told you my mma background  I then elaborated on it... Like I said wifi Tuff Guy...I didn't hop on your comments.. YOU  started calling with the insults calling nostardomas.. All I said was Mendez wouldn't be challenged and YOU  started running your fingers.. You brought up your whack Wing Chun BS.. I'm not all over the place I'm just not a negative person and ws trying to be cordial but once again you wanna act tough..idc how old you are and if you didn't care you'd left it alone..but no once again you gotta start... Should've known not to try be the bigger man and let it be because you'd have to keep up the tough guy act..Keep doing your tai chi or whatever bogus "gentle" arts you practice..I don't what you to hit me with the touch of death... keep playing Victim.. and like you're gonna do something implying you're "not gonna let this slide"..Its hilarious you run your mouth about me and my career then wanna turn it into a pity party about how you were so attacked.. We don't have to be cool and you can keep thinking you're tough with that bogus art you practiced 23 years.. Next time there's a Wing Chun world champion in anything other than fairytales lmk.. Anybody that knows me knows I'm a good person and that read this bs bickering between us can see you started it and we are arguing like OC house wives... 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

30 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Go back and read every thing you said .. you're the one that brought up how when you met Littlevito this and that and ppl gave diff strategy. . not me...YOU brought up me being quasi ufc fighter.. so I told you my mma background  I then elaborated on it... Like I said wifi Tuff Guy...I didn't hop on your comments.. YOU  started calling with the insults calling nostardomas.. All I said was Mendez wouldn't be challenged and YOU  started running your fingers.. You brought up your whack Wing Chun BS.. I'm not all over the place I'm just not a negative person and ws trying to be cordial but once again you wanna act tough..idc how old you are and if you didn't care you'd left it alone..but no once again you gotta start... Should've known not to try be the bigger man and let it be because you'd have to keep up the tough guy act..Keep doing your tai chi or whatever bogus "gentle" arts you practice..I don't what you to hit me with the touch of death... keep playing Victim.. and like you're gonna do something implying you're "not gonna let this slide"..Its hilarious you run your mouth about me and my career then wanna turn it into a pity party about how you were so attacked.. We don't have to be cool and you can keep thinking you're tough with that bogus art you practiced 23 years.. Next time there's a Wing Chun world champion in anything other than fairytales lmk.. Anybody that knows me knows I'm a good person and that read this bs bickering between us can see you started it and we are arguing like OC house wives... 

what do you weigh?

On 1/20/2020 at 6:03 AM, GenHeavyHandz said:

Nice deflection. As far as tough guys go I have nothing to prove there. If you are judging people by avatars is so new school.  It’s not belittling it’s jokes since you want to put words in my mouth.  You are the one who jumped on my comments.  I don’t know what I said to make you think I think I’m tough but I’ll tell you this: people have said that to me on here before and when we met in person they didn’t have that same energy: ask Littlevito. I have no problem with some FaceTime.  Bon Jovi is trash just like McGregor and your attempts to poke a Panther. My knowledge of wrestling has been secured and proven over decades bro.  Your fanboy analysis tells me to learn much you have Padawan.

Now tell me again who brought up meeting in person and same energy?  YOU said that.. Then tried acting like i'm the 1 acting tough..I rest my case. 

16 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Do you still wrestle?

Yes with a stud I train that wrestles in college and my other guys... Just spit it out.. let me guess you wanna have 1 of your sons defend your honor after you insist on facetime and ppl don't have same energy? 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

11 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yes with a stud I train that wrestles in college and my other guys... Just spit it out.. let me guess you wanna have 1 of your sons defend your honor after you insist on facetime and ppl don't have same energy? 

My sons are no where near your weight or age.  I just want to see how far you want to take this since you seem to have something to prove. I don’t need nobody to fight my battles for me. You don’t know me if you did you would just have let it be. You are assuming that because you said all that MMA stuff that is going to scare me. It doesn’t.  I didn’t disrespect your art I said it was boring to me. That’s an opinion. You disrespected one of my disciplines. Not very honorable. You could of left this alone long ago yet you want the last word.  Good luck to you and your stud training.

1 minute ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

My sons are no where near your weight or age.  I just want to see how far you want to take this since you seem to have something to prove. I don’t need nobody to fight my battles for me. You don’t know me if you did you would just have let it be. You are assuming that because you said all that MMA stuff that is going to scare me. It doesn’t.  I didn’t disrespect your art I said it was boring to me. That’s an opinion. You disrespected one of my disciplines. Not very honorable. You could of left this alone long ago yet you want the last word.  Good luck to you and your stud training.

I fought for money not honor... and I will leave it be because arguing on a thread about 1 of Indianas finest has made us both look like jackasses imho..

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.