The Mendez effect

4U2NV

On 1/16/2020 at 8:07 AM, navy80 said:

Alex Tsirtsis had a close match with Craig Weinzapfel from Mater Dei. Craig actually beat him in freestyle in high school. Then in high school state finals... maybe it was the semi finals where Alex beat Craig by a few points. 

Angel Escobedo had a few close matches in his career and even one loss out of state. 

Jason Tsirtsis has a few close matches. 

Blake Maurer was the king of winning close matches. Same with Chad Red. 

Mason Paris’s was dominate but had one loss his freshman year. He is comparable. All the Lee has losses. 

I’ve followed Indiana high school wrestling since 1999 and haven’t seen anyone like Jesse Mendez. 

Didn’t Craig put Tsirtsis on his back in the semis? That’s one I’d like to see again. Just sayin’

On 1/16/2020 at 10:04 AM, SunDevils said:

If we are going off of “impressive or dominant” you forgot Andrew Howe- only loss was to Reece Humphrey. I think there is a strong case that Andrew Howe is still (although Mendez could catch him and Mason Parris flirted with it) the best Indiana wrestler of all time. Even with his one loss. 

And though I never saw him wrestle I am assuming people also tried to avoid Lance Ellis. 

Howe did have a nail biter in the Semi’s at state against Nick Walpole in 06. Nick was the returning state champ and they went into OT with Howe obviously coming out ahead. Such an awesome match. 

On 1/18/2020 at 2:33 PM, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Lol when in doubt pull some insults out..Idgaf where you have homes or what you think about my cognitive skills.. And I'll def be watching the fights tonight...Monster energy drinks are trash just like your assessment of Indiana wrestling.. I've learned that when people don't know what they're talking about they start trying to belittle a guy to mask their own lack or knowledge.. The only thing you've proven is that you can't spell Nostradamus and are a typical Wifi tough guy.

Nice deflection. As far as tough guys go I have nothing to prove there. If you are judging people by avatars is so new school.  It’s not belittling it’s jokes since you want to put words in my mouth.  You are the one who jumped on my comments.  I don’t know what I said to make you think I think I’m tough but I’ll tell you this: people have said that to me on here before and when we met in person they didn’t have that same energy: ask Littlevito. I have no problem with some FaceTime.  Bon Jovi is trash just like McGregor and your attempts to poke a Panther. My knowledge of wrestling has been secured and proven over decades bro.  Your fanboy analysis tells me to learn much you have Padawan.

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Nice deflection. As far as tough guys go I have nothing to prove there. If you are judging people by avatars is so new school.  It’s not belittling it’s jokes since you want to put words in my mouth.  You are the one who jumped on my comments.  I don’t know what I said to make you think I think I’m tough but I’ll tell you this: people have said that to me on here before and when we met in person they didn’t have that same energy: ask Littlevito. I have no problem with some FaceTime.  Bon Jovi is trash just like McGregor and your attempts to poke a Panther. My knowledge of wrestling has been secured and proven over decades bro.  Your fanboy analysis tells me to learn much you have Padawan.

Ok tuffy.

Aww

15 minutes ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

I’m judging your Handle

Touche...I was a quasi mma fighter.. fought and traveled the US Fighting professionally and promoting the sport I loved for CBS, King of the cage and Showtime to name a few  since you think you know Made a living do it as well.. Won a good share lost a few and trained with some of the best in the world.. Coached a few studs through the years and some now.. And I'm no fan boy just a realest.. I'm done trashing up this thread bickering with you... Next 2 years will prove the point of this thread. 

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

1 minute ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Aww

Touche...I was a quasi mma fighter.. fought and traveled the US Fighting professionally and promoting the sport I loved for CBS, King of the cage and Showtime to name a few  since you think you know Made a living do it as well.. Won a good share lost a few and trained with some if the best in the world.. Coach a few studs through the years and some now.. And I'm no fan boy just a realest.. I'm done trashing up this thread bickering with you... Next 2 years will prove the point of this thread. 

Clap 👏 it up.  Exactly what I envisioned.  Great keep up the good work.  Just know I love Tom Petty: 🎶 I’ll stand my ground: I won’t back down... 🎶 

5 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

Says the Quasi-UFC Fighter.

You must not be knowledgeable of MMA. UFC is a business. MMA is the sport. 

FC fighter made a living through MMA. Which is very difficult to do. Especially because he was a fighter when it wasn’t that cool. Before the sport gained all this popularity. 

It also means he was a professional fighter. Equivalent to wrestlers trying to make the Olympic team etc. 

1 hour ago, navy80 said:

FC fighter made a living through MMA. Which is very difficult to do. Especially because he was a fighter when it wasn’t that cool. Before the sport gained all this popularity. 

It also means he was a professional fighter. Equivalent to wrestlers trying to make the Olympic team etc. 

What he said.

4 hours ago, navy80 said:

You are correct.  I use UFC as a generic term like Kleenex for tissue or Pampers for diapers.  Now I don’t know MMA as a sport but I practiced Wing Chun for 23 years.  I’ve been wrestling for 33 years.  I started boxing at 4.  So I have cursory knowledge of some combat sports. I just prefer the pure arts.  MMA as a sport is boring to me.  I like Boxing. Chinese Boxing, Judo and Wrestling.

I really believe Mendez would welcome someone to push him. I really believe he loves to compete and wants to wrestle the best. 

I do believe there are some and I am not pointing the finger at anyone who believe 126 and 138 are easier routes to a state title then 132. I also agree that there are some that feel as if 182 and 220 are easier paths. 

there is only 1 champ per weight and all state championship are difficult to win. Or so I have heard. 

Now that you guys have all given Heavyhandz the field. I think he is going to start training a contender to challenge him. 
Maybe FCfighter is already training someone to challenge him and find the NC Trojans back under the lights. 

5 hours ago, navy80 said:

🎼 Glory days, well, they'll pass you by
Glory days, in the wink of a young girl's eye
Glory days, glory days 🎵 🎸 

Saw some of @FCFIGHTER170 fights on the ol inter web. I can attest that he is a tough dude. Pretty sure the crazy talk would not happen face to face.

But.. I would love to see some @GenHeavyHandz Wang Chung videos!!!! Where can we find them? Surely a Wang Chung master of 23 years has some good content on a Wang Chung website!!!

🎼Everybody have fun tonight

Everybody Wang Chung tonight🎶

23 minutes ago, Mattyb said:

Saw some of @FCFIGHTER170 fights on the ol inter web. I can attest that he is a tough dude. Pretty sure the crazy talk would not happen face to face.

But.. I would love to see some @GenHeavyHandz Wang Chung videos!!!! Where can we find them? Surely a Wang Chung master of 23 years has some good content on a Wang Chung website!!!

🎼Everybody have fun tonight

Everybody Wang Chung tonight🎶

I'm rolling over here😂

3 hours ago, GenHeavyHandz said:

You are correct.  I use UFC as a generic term like Kleenex for tissue or Pampers for diapers.  Now I don’t know MMA as a sport but I practiced Wing Chun for 23 years.  I’ve been wrestling for 33 years.  I started boxing at 4.  So I have cursory knowledge of some combat sports. I just prefer the pure arts.  MMA as a sport is boring to me.  I like Boxing. Chinese Boxing, Judo and Wrestling.

I come in peace and call a truce..I dont want no smoke with a WC master.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.