East Central Hosts Elder High School

On Friday January 24th, Elder High School from Cincinnati Ohio will travel to East Central High School to dual the Trojans under the lights in the Performing Arts Center.  This dual is FREE ADMISSION FOR ALL.  It will take place on stage in a one of kind dual match.  Elder has a strong team and East Central has set a school record this year for dual wins.  They are 33-0 in dual's.  Although things can change, here is the potential match ups for the dual:

106#      Elder:  Drew Magness (so.) ranked #11 in Ohio

EC: Dylan Lengerich (Fr.) Record of 30-3

113#      Elder:  Willie Doepker (sr. Captain) ranked #6 in Ohio, 2018 Ohio State Placer

EC:  Blake Wolf (Fr.) Record 33-0.  Currently ranked 12th in Indiana.  Junior High State Champ, Folkstyle State Champ, Freestyle State Champ, Greco State Champ

120#      Elder:  Jack Roth (Jr.) – State Alternate in ‘19

EC: Tyler Schneider (Sr.)  Record 24-4

126#      Elder:  Jack Collins (Sr. – Captain) – 2 x Ohio State Qualifier, Ranked #10 in Ohio

EC: Rider Searcy (Fr.) Record 33-0.  Freestyle State Champ

132#      Elder:  Kody Kaimann (Jr.)

EC: Dillon Heinrich (Jr.) Record 26-7

138#      Elder:  Andrew Thamann (Fr.)

EC: Charlie Euson (So.) Record 23-8.  Semi State Qualifier

145#      Elder:  Patrick Barrett (Sr.) – District Qualifier in ‘19

EC: Ben Wolf (Jr.) Record 31-2.  Semi State Qualifier

152#      Elder:  Seth Lambers (Sr. – Captain) – State Qualifier in ’19, Ranked #9 in Ohio

EC: Bryer Hall (Jr.) Record 26-0.  Currently ranked 3rd in Indiana

Placed 4th at IHSAA State Finals at 126lb

160#      Elder:  Bartley Thomas (So.)

EC:  Kasey Carr (Sr.) Record 27-6. 

170#      Elder:  Joe Weber (Sr.)

EC: Brady Rullman (Sr.) Record 21-12

182#      Elder:  Montana Klayman (Sr.)

EC:  Kole Viel (Jr.) Record 31-2.  Semi State Qualifier

195#      Elder:  Beau Bryson (So.)

EC:  Kyle Krummen (Sr.) Record 28-0.  Currently ranked 5th in Indiana.  State Qualifier

220:       Elder:  Jack Tucker (Jr.)

EC: Austin Cox (Jr.) Record 15-10

285:        Elder:  Rowan Tolbert (Sr.) – District Qualifier in ’19, Ranked #11 in Ohio

EC:  Logan Adams (Jr.) Record 23-10.  Semi State Qualifier

Edited by SteveECWrestling

I've been keeping my eye on EC they were always rivals to us  NC Trojans back in the say and this team looks like the best 1 since back when you had Erik Wolf,Suding,Strub and Bush and the Merks to name a few...btw are these young men related to Erik Wolf?

Best of luck y'all give em hell

Edited by FCFIGHTER170

3 hours ago, Ribd85 said:

Yes the 2 young lads wrestling are Wolf’s nephews and his older brother is the coach! Several people have mentioned this could be EC best team and to think they only have 4 seniors and are missing one of their studs all year to injury. 

Makes sense.. maybe they'll be at team state next year? 

24 minutes ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Makes sense.. maybe they'll be at team state next year? 

They appear to have a quality team, obviously they will need a good showing in the State Tournament -- looking at their sectional & regional they should have a good # of wrestlers showing up at NCSS.  I watched them at the Harrison Dual and came away impressed with their energy & ability; they may surprise a few kids in the opening and/or ticket round.

14 minutes ago, Indysportsfan said:

They appear to have a quality team, obviously they will need a good showing in the State Tournament -- looking at their sectional & regional they should have a good # of wrestlers showing up at NCSS.  I watched them at the Harrison Dual and came away impressed with their energy & ability; they may surprise a few kids in the opening and/or ticket round.

Yessir.. I'll see them at regionals and expect them to win regionals handily. 

1 hour ago, FCFIGHTER170 said:

Yessir.. I'll see them at regionals and expect them to win regionals handily. 

My opinion on what weights has the best chance to make State:

106 - Dylan Lengerich: Probably an extremely difficult ticket round match

113 - Blake Wolf: I like his chances to advance but if he draws into North Montgomery or Perry Meridian he will most likely need to beat a state ranked wrestler.

120 - Tyler Schneider: For starters he must avoid Zeke Seltzer, Carson Eldred, Christian White, Carlton Perry, AJ Gunn, Antonio Jefferson, Jacob Simone and Kody Glithero....

126 - Rider Searcy: Impressive results on trackwrestling and undefeated on the year; I give him a realistic shot of making State if (1) he can win his Regional and (2) avoid either Lowery, Pierson in the ticket round.

145: Ben Wolf: Solid wrestler, could be ranked at the NCSS but the 8 above him are all good.  145 is a rough road at NCSS so winning regional is huge to avoid the pressure of defeating 2 ranked wrestlers to make State.

152: Bryer Hall: He should qualify for State but potential ticket round matchup, with a hammer, if he draws into Perry Regional.

182: Kole Viel: Win regional and avoid North Montgomery or Perry Meridian 2nd/3rd place finisher in ticket round.

195: Kyle Krummen: Most likely 2nd place finisher at Regional, he will still advance except if he matches up with JD Farrell in the ticket round and then it goes to 50/50.

I put the o/u number at 3.5.

1 hour ago, Indysportsfan said:

My opinion on what weights has the best chance to make State:

106 - Dylan Lengerich: Probably an extremely difficult ticket round match

113 - Blake Wolf: I like his chances to advance but if he draws into North Montgomery or Perry Meridian he will most likely need to beat a state ranked wrestler.

120 - Tyler Schneider: For starters he must avoid Zeke Seltzer, Carson Eldred, Christian White, Carlton Perry, AJ Gunn, Antonio Jefferson, Jacob Simone and Kody Glithero....

126 - Rider Searcy: Impressive results on trackwrestling and undefeated on the year; I give him a realistic shot of making State if (1) he can win his Regional and (2) avoid either Lowery, Pierson in the ticket round.

145: Ben Wolf: Solid wrestler, could be ranked at the NCSS but the 8 above him are all good.  145 is a rough road at NCSS so winning regional is huge to avoid the pressure of defeating 2 ranked wrestlers to make State.

152: Bryer Hall: He should qualify for State but potential ticket round matchup, with a hammer, if he draws into Perry Regional.

182: Kole Viel: Win regional and avoid North Montgomery or Perry Meridian 2nd/3rd place finisher in ticket round.

195: Kyle Krummen: Most likely 2nd place finisher at Regional, he will still advance except if he matches up with JD Farrell in the ticket round and then it goes to 50/50.

I put the o/u number at 3.5.

120 also 30-0 stud freshman Thrine from NC is really good as well! 

54 minutes ago, Tigers99 said:

A match between Searcy and Pierson would be a good match. I wouldn't count him out just for getting that draw.

I haven’t had the opportunity to see Searcy but Pierson is a two time state placer who could win it all. If he can give DP a go he must be the real deal!

9 minutes ago, SteveECWrestling said:

We are anticipating a packed house in the Performing Arts Center.  Enter through door #15.  Would also recommend showing up a little early.  Varsity starts at 7pm immediately following the JV at 6.

This will be streaming on youtube correct?  I seen the video EC did as a preview on youtube.. looking 4ward to seeing it

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.