Have you ever seen this before?

Disco

Back around 1984-5, with 13 weight classes, Tipton beat Peru 72-0 by my memory. I thought we had all pins that day, but 72 is 6 pts shy, so maybe there were some tech falls. Andy Hobbs, the Peru coach was Tipton’s 185 guy. He might know for sure. I also am not sure if tech falls were 6 points in a dual back then. 

11 minutes ago, WrestleMan said:

Just curious but what was the criteria that decided the outcome? 

Here are the long list of tie-breaker criteria.  This is the 2018-19 set so while its mostly accurate I can't say for sure if some wording was slightly altered in few spot for this years rulebook.

https://www.baumspage.com/wr/mobmgr/dual/TiebreakerTeam.pdf

Edited by MattM

Perhaps even a more rare dual meet score happened in the mid 2000s between HSE and Carmel.  14 matches wrestled, 14 decisions, 7 for HSE, 7 for Carmel. Team score was HSE 21 Carmel 20, as Carmel was penalized a team point when a wrestler's compression shorts were longer than his singlet (back when that was a rule).  Not sure if I've ever seen a dual where neither team had a major, pin, or tech, and each had an equal number of decisions. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.