Congrats to Avon State Champs

Mattyb

2 hours ago, Mattyb said:

The ISWA has held elementary State duals for 10 years now. My guys have got 1st or 2nd every year and 5 titles. Pretty solid run. 

And... I’ll say it before Lewis does.... trophy chasing! 

Dang you got me. I forgot all about that post. Lol. 

Avon 76 Terre Haute 6

Avon 59 Center Grove 16

Avon 63 Bloomington South 18

Avon 66 Perry Meridian 18

Avon 39 Crown Point 28

Avon 50 Mater Dei 17

My boys have been in several of these. Gunnar was in the first one. Griffan in the last 4. They have all been a great experience. The place was packed this year. It is such a great sport! Thanks to everyone involved with putting it on. Also the food at the concessions was awesome!  

2020 State Wrestling Picture.jpeg

Congrats to Avon and Rochester!  

I do have a few thoughts and would love to hear some feedback.  I get the wildcard concept but I think its silly personally.  Take your kids from your own school and see how it goes.  I think it would make coaches have to recruit kids in their own building more and hopefully it would help grow the sport.  Also I would love to see a 1A Elementary Dual as well.  We had 14 1A and 2A schools in the small division.  I haven't really counted how many of those happened to be 1A.  I am speaking for Alexandria only that when we go down there sometimes its hard when another school has their "wildcard" who is a HAMMER  and for our little school we have a 3rd or 4th year kid and it is discouraging to our kid.  We have lost a few kids because of this.  It is a little easier to swallow when it is a kid from their own school.  We are very new to the elementary duals and we love the event but I just think it would be best to take what you have and see what happens.  If you have a forfeit well it's a forfeit.  Why have different rules for elementary than for high school?

Just my opinion.  I understand the reason behind the rule I just don't agree with it.

3 hours ago, Raven27 said:

Congrats to Avon and Rochester!  

I do have a few thoughts and would love to hear some feedback.  I get the wildcard concept but I think its silly personally.  Take your kids from your own school and see how it goes.  I think it would make coaches have to recruit kids in their own building more and hopefully it would help grow the sport.  Also I would love to see a 1A Elementary Dual as well.  We had 14 1A and 2A schools in the small division.  I haven't really counted how many of those happened to be 1A.  I am speaking for Alexandria only that when we go down there sometimes its hard when another school has their "wildcard" who is a HAMMER  and for our little school we have a 3rd or 4th year kid and it is discouraging to our kid.  We have lost a few kids because of this.  It is a little easier to swallow when it is a kid from their own school.  We are very new to the elementary duals and we love the event but I just think it would be best to take what you have and see what happens.  If you have a forfeit well it's a forfeit.  Why have different rules for elementary than for high school?

Just my opinion.  I understand the reason behind the rule I just don't agree with it.

I agree. We are a large school. Had 1 true wildcard at 130. The rules allowed it so we did it. Our other wildcard is an Avon kid who is at Kingsway, in Avon. He has always been an Avon kid. We had other Avon kids recruited away to wrestle for other teams. I am with you. No wildcards from other schools. If you are a resident of your town and the private school is in the same town, hard for me to count that as a wildcard. I am not sure how Mater Dei counts its kids? Private schools can draw for everywhere.   

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.