Jump to content

Team State: Upsets, Notable Matches, etc...


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, hook and half said:


I can’t believe that you have not mentioned the fact that not one, but TWO #thecounty schools were beaten in the same day...By the same team!

 

has this ever happened???

 

#refscheated

#countyhaterbias

#checktherecordbooks

#hashtag

 

Didn’t even notice. Was super busy this weekend for the most part. That was an amazing feat then. Congrats Hook I’m sure it was your fanship that got them over that County hump. I’m sure that great team (and they are a great team) has you to thank. 
 

But... I did see that #TheCounty won little kids state. That’s about all the wrestling that I saw. Those are kids that I actually help. 

 

Congrats to my Cathedral Irish friends for winning it all!  Someone told me that they won. 
 

#BlahBlahBlah

#FanBoy

#YouWinSomeYouLoseSome

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Who was the top finishing team with a lineup consisting entirely of kids who went to elementary/middle school in that high school's feeder system?

Are we really going class size with the parochial schools???!!! 🤦‍♂️  EMD gets most good wrestlers within 50 miles. They got a monopoly down there. And I ain’t even mad about it. If you build it they

Mater Dei is one thing.. But my argument is more of Cathedral... Mosconi was a state placer from Indian Creek who transferred a few years ago. Parsons was a state placer from Yorktown who transferred.

17 hours ago, navy80 said:

Mater Dei is one thing.. But my argument is more of Cathedral... Mosconi was a state placer from Indian Creek who transferred a few years ago. Parsons was a state placer from Yorktown who transferred. Heck, take away Parsons and do they win a state title? I think when Cathedral wins the state tournament, we should think about an asterisk being next to it. Just like LCC in class 1A football. They dominated 1A teams... I mean dominated for years. Who do they think they are? Lebron James? Stacking teams champion, LJ.

 

My coworker's daughter was a champion...equine girl (or whatever they're called). She was recruited to the Irish from a small school. She got a scholarship. My coworker got an apartment for his wife in Indy so their daughter could get the education and opportunity. I understand. I would do the same for my kid. I love Cathedral football. They play the toughest schedule in Indiana. 

 

I guess I am against parochial schools who beat up on public schools... I also realize public school teams get high level athletes who switch schools as well. 

 

I digress. It's like arguing fo class wrestling. It's endless and no one will agree.

 

 

As previously discussed many times, Cathedral is NOT a parochial school.  EMD, Evansville Memorial, Roncalli, Scecina, Cardinal Ritter, Bishop Chatard, Andrean, and Providence ARE parochial schools with defined boundaries and parishes which subsidize tuition.  They have established feeder schools and parishes. 

 

Cathedral, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit are examples of privately owned schools with no set boundaries, no parish subsidies and no direct feeder schools. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FC118 said:

 

As previously discussed many times, Cathedral is NOT a parochial school.  EMD, Evansville Memorial, Roncalli, Scecina, Cardinal Ritter, Bishop Chatard, Andrean, and Providence ARE parochial schools with defined boundaries and parishes which subsidize tuition.  They have established feeder schools and parishes. 

 

Cathedral, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit are examples of privately owned schools with no set boundaries, no parish subsidies and no direct feeder schools. 

Ah thanks. I did not know that. I have always lumped them together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FC118 said:

 

As previously discussed many times, Cathedral is NOT a parochial school.  EMD, Evansville Memorial, Roncalli, Scecina, Cardinal Ritter, Bishop Chatard, Andrean, and Providence ARE parochial schools with defined boundaries and parishes which subsidize tuition.  They have established feeder schools and parishes. 

 

Cathedral, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit are examples of privately owned schools with no set boundaries, no parish subsidies and no direct feeder schools. 

Providence DOES NOT subsidize tuition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, takemtothemat said:

Providence DOES NOT subsidize tuition. 

This is from the Providence website. Took all of 30 seconds to find.

2019-2020 Tuition and Fees

Tuition Information for upcoming school year

Deanery student rate $12,990
Non-Deanery student rate
Non-Deanery students do not receive parish discount.
$14,740
Edited by chambers
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chambers said:

This is from the Providence website. Took all of 30 seconds to find.

2019-2020 Tuition and Fees

Tuition Information for upcoming school year

Deanery student rate $12,990
Non-Deanery student rate
Non-Deanery students do not receive parish discount.
$14,740

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FC118 said:

 

As previously discussed many times, Cathedral is NOT a parochial school.  EMD, Evansville Memorial, Roncalli, Scecina, Cardinal Ritter, Bishop Chatard, Andrean, and Providence ARE parochial schools with defined boundaries and parishes which subsidize tuition.  They have established feeder schools and parishes. 

 

Cathedral, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit are examples of privately owned schools with no set boundaries, no parish subsidies and no direct feeder schools. 

For the record Guerin Catholic IS a parochial school. We are a part of the Lafayette Diocese and our direct feeder schools are St. Maria Goretti, St. Louis de Montfort, Our Lady of Grace, and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel among a few others.

 

SMG and SLDM are the only feeder schools with wrestling programs and they compete in Indianapolis' CYO.

Edited by a_fleenor171
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chambers said:

This is from the Providence website. Took all of 30 seconds to find.

2019-2020 Tuition and Fees

Tuition Information for upcoming school year

Deanery student rate $12,990
Non-Deanery student rate
Non-Deanery students do not receive parish discount.
$14,740

I forgot they charged extra for non deanery. No wonder I couldn't recruit all those years I was there. Thanks for your 30 seconds haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned by others, I liked the changes this year as well.  Seating, continuing to the next round vs waiting for other mats/classes to finish and the ref's shirts with the red and green sleeves.  Is that new or have i just missed it?  Great job to all involved!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RAJR said:

As mentioned by others, I liked the changes this year as well.  Seating, continuing to the next round vs waiting for other mats/classes to finish and the ref's shirts with the red and green sleeves.  Is that new or have i just missed it?  Great job to all involved!

Those ref shirts were really ugly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, a_fleenor171 said:

For the record Guerin Catholic IS a parochial school. We are a part of the Lafayette Diocese and our direct feeder schools are St. Maria Goretti, St. Louis de Montfort, Our Lady of Grace, and Our Lady of Mt. Carmel among a few others.

 

SMG and SLDM are the only feeder schools with wrestling programs and they compete in Indianapolis' CYO.

Coach Fleenor - Although you probably know better than me, the GC website states that the school is an open enrollment school under the guidance of the Diocese of Lafayette.  By definition, an open enrollment school is not parochial.  There is also no subsidized tuition for feeder school students.  For example, Roncalli charges $9830 for a student from a South Deanery parish and $12920 for a Catholic student from a non-South Deanery parish.  Each South Deanery parish pays a Cathodraticum of $175,000 to subsidize Roncalli tuition for its parishioners.  As a member of Roncalli's Board of Directors, I had to review parochial tuition rates of 30 surrounding high schools in order to set our rates.  We did not review GC's tuition since they were not considered parochial (no Cathodraticum).  GC also has only one tuition rate of $14250 (extremely high for a parochial school).      

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FC118 said:

Coach Fleenor - Although you probably know better than me, the GC website states that the school is an open enrollment school under the guidance of the Diocese of Lafayette.  By definition, an open enrollment school is not parochial.  There is also no subsidized tuition for feeder school students.  For example, Roncalli charges $9830 for a student from a South Deanery parish and $12920 for a Catholic student from a non-South Deanery parish.  Each South Deanery parish pays a Cathodraticum of $175,000 to subsidize Roncalli tuition for its parishioners.  As a member of Roncalli's Board of Directors, I had to review parochial tuition rates of 30 surrounding high schools in order to set our rates.  We did not review GC's tuition since they were not considered parochial (no Cathodraticum).  GC also has only one tuition rate of $14250 (extremely high for a parochial school).      
 

 

With Roncalli getting vouches they can except kids from anywhere within the state. Making it an open enrollment school.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 3:28 PM, VintageGhost said:

With Roncalli getting vouches they can except kids from anywhere within the state. Making it an open enrollment school.

The whole state is open enrollment but when a private school states this it means that they do not receive subsidies from their feeder churches. 

 

My local public school team has several out-of-district wrestlers on their team, many more than Roncalli.  Very common in the Indy area.  All Roncalli wrestlers but two came up through the CYO feeder program and one of those is a member of a contributing South Deanery Parish but wrestled for a public middle school.  Roncalli and the other parochial schools also abide by an agreement which prohibits recruitment of athletes from other deaneries.  Also, vouchers only cover a part of tuition (under half) and only those who are near the poverty line qualify for vouchers.  Public districts charge tuition, my township charges $5200 for out-of-district students which is about the same as a voucher student at Roncalli.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2020 at 1:38 PM, FC118 said:

Coach Fleenor - Although you probably know better than me, the GC website states that the school is an open enrollment school under the guidance of the Diocese of Lafayette.  By definition, an open enrollment school is not parochial.  There is also no subsidized tuition for feeder school students.  For example, Roncalli charges $9830 for a student from a South Deanery parish and $12920 for a Catholic student from a non-South Deanery parish.  Each South Deanery parish pays a Cathodraticum of $175,000 to subsidize Roncalli tuition for its parishioners.  As a member of Roncalli's Board of Directors, I had to review parochial tuition rates of 30 surrounding high schools in order to set our rates.  We did not review GC's tuition since they were not considered parochial (no Cathodraticum).  GC also has only one tuition rate of $14250 (extremely high for a parochial school).      

Your original post stated "Cathedral, Guerin Catholic and Brebeuf Jesuit are examples of privately owned schools with no set boundaries, no parish subsidies and no direct feeder schools." 

 

We do not get parish subsidies for a number of reasons, number 1 being the parishes believed a new Catholic high school in the area would hinder families donations to the church.

 

We do operate more like Roncalli, Chatard, etc. in the fact we have strict boundaries set by the Lafayette Diocese and we have direct feeder schools.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.